Valley Strong Credit Union

Valley Strong Credit Union Culture reviews

United States52 reviews
I am proud to say I work for Valley Strong CU. I have been with them for 17 years and they have been very supportive in helping me advance my knowledge and career. Great place to work and bank.
They will promote you if you are a good worker with a positive attitude. Culture is great and it is very family oriented. They have core values you must follow. Pay is decent for the job.
Pros
Family Culture
Cons
Good overall culture. Some opportunities to grow. There does seem to be some long tenured managers who may prefer to surround themselves with those with more tenure so new employees have to overcome not being known.
This was my first job out of high school which was not bad. The culture and co workers are friendly, I highly reccomend this place for a relaxed environment towards teamwork.
For all the responsibility, the pay is too low. Excellent company to work for, culture is absolutely comfortable and positive. Love going to work everyday.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I enjoyed working as a teller for the credit union. Everyone prides themselves on the quality of work they strive to provide for the community. Everyone is really nice.
Pros
Lots of doughnuts and birthday celebrations
The Credit Union is a great place to work, I've dedicated four years. They do like to promote from within and everyone is very friendly. It's like being with family every day, they are very focused on member service! It's always great to go to work everyday and spend the amount of time I do with people I truly care about and I enjoy my time with them. They offer great benefits and anyone who works for them would agree with that. They are always doing things for their employees and members that let you know they truly care.
A typical day at work was being on the phone for 5 hours straight with members conducting transactions and filing paperwork. I learned a lot of things as far as working with different computer systems, how to multitask, and how to better my customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying to please upper management and levelling up in the company. The most enjoyable part was being able to connect with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible upper management
In general the culture life in the CU is one to work as a team to get the job done. Management does have an open policy and are willing to hear your ideas.
Pros
Great team work culture
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union is an amazing place to work! We treat each other as family members and it starts at the top with our leadership team. They provide fantastic employee benefits and are very supportive. They just had the Disney Institue conduct training for us and it was spectacular. Who does this? Disney!!!!

Everything we do is for the member! I LOVE my job!
Pros
Management Team, Values Driven, Culture
A typical day in the office was very fun and busy the customers were always amazing hardly ever problems. The management was amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and just the learning experience in general.
Pros
lunches
Cons
only there for a short period of time
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union was a great place to work; I had a fun and awesome manager. Everyday was different, from going to the different branches and checking for compliance, to helping organize wrokshops, annual business meetings and grand openings of new branches and also changing out the marketing messages on the TV branched and marquees. The best part of the job was community interaction. Kern Schools had a great workplace culture and really cares for their employees.
Pros
Community Interaction
The overall work environment at Kern schools is great. You always feel like you have support from both your peers and your Superiors. You never feel as if you're being talked down to by management, and any question you could ask is always answered promptly and explained until you fully understand.
This was my favorite job of all. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very indepth training to full grasp the knowledge.
It was a great place to work at. Everyday always ended up great. I always received free donuts. No matter what, I always learned something new in each department. Management skills was used frequently everyday. No matter what, I had to manage my time properly when on the teller line. My co-workers were awesome. They were always there to help me out with new assignments. The hardest part of the job was handling thousands of money a day without missing up. But after a while, I got the hang of it and became a good teller. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a trusting relationship with the members.
Pros
Morning Donuts, Good atmosphere, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Everyday i help members with transactions, and try to have the patience to deal with them.
I learned how to be extremely calm and not let the members comments get to me or others.

My management team was awesome very patient and made the work place enjoyable

Co-workers we all got together like a family and even do things occasionally with each other outside of work.

Hardest part of the job was just dealing with the emotions of the members and some of the drama they brought in
The most enjoyable would be helping people and enjoying the environment all the co-workers have with each other.
Pros
good pay, and able to speak with senior management at anytime
Cons
no benefits for part time workers and limited hours/shifts
Lending Focus with managing other team members to allow them to meet the branch goals.
I've learned a lot, as intern. There was nothing hard that i couldn't over come. The members are amazing, and the people i use to work with are amazing, fun people every friendly! The most enjoyable part of my day was helping members and helping them what they needed.