Valley Strong Credit Union

Valley Strong Credit Union Management reviews

United States52 reviews
I found my experience at the Credit Union to be an enjoyable one. I definitely felt like part of a team. Management was very fair with work and compensation.
Cons
Some Weekend work
Management only cares about profit and does not care about employees at all, unless they favor you, in which you will be promoted to a position you are not qualified for and given a raise, Co workers were great to work with and friendly but management ruins this company by failing to live up to the company standards. Avoid working here.
I enjoyed working at Kern Schools very much. The management was amazing and learning new skills there were very easy. I cashed checks, deposited checks and cash. I handled business accounts and did major and minor changes to members accounts such as name changes, removing or adding joint members.
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union is a phenomenal establishment that values its members and employees. I am grateful to have worked at KSFCU and would recommend others to apply and work there as well.
A typical day at work was being on the phone for 5 hours straight with members conducting transactions and filing paperwork. I learned a lot of things as far as working with different computer systems, how to multitask, and how to better my customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying to please upper management and levelling up in the company. The most enjoyable part was being able to connect with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible upper management
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
In general the culture life in the CU is one to work as a team to get the job done. Management does have an open policy and are willing to hear your ideas.
Pros
Great team work culture
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union is an amazing place to work! We treat each other as family members and it starts at the top with our leadership team. They provide fantastic employee benefits and are very supportive. They just had the Disney Institue conduct training for us and it was spectacular. Who does this? Disney!!!!

Everything we do is for the member! I LOVE my job!
Pros
Management Team, Values Driven, Culture
A typical day in the office was very fun and busy the customers were always amazing hardly ever problems. The management was amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and just the learning experience in general.
Pros
lunches
Cons
only there for a short period of time
The overall work environment at Kern schools is great. You always feel like you have support from both your peers and your Superiors. You never feel as if you're being talked down to by management, and any question you could ask is always answered promptly and explained until you fully understand.
It was a great place to work at. Everyday always ended up great. I always received free donuts. No matter what, I always learned something new in each department. Management skills was used frequently everyday. No matter what, I had to manage my time properly when on the teller line. My co-workers were awesome. They were always there to help me out with new assignments. The hardest part of the job was handling thousands of money a day without missing up. But after a while, I got the hang of it and became a good teller. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a trusting relationship with the members.
Pros
Morning Donuts, Good atmosphere, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Everyday i help members with transactions, and try to have the patience to deal with them.
I learned how to be extremely calm and not let the members comments get to me or others.

My management team was awesome very patient and made the work place enjoyable
Co-workers we all got together like a family and even do things occasionally with each other outside of work.
Hardest part of the job was just dealing with the emotions of the members and some of the drama they brought in

The most enjoyable would be helping people and enjoying the environment all the co-workers have with each other.
Pros
good pay, and able to speak with senior management at anytime
Cons
no benefits for part time workers and limited hours/shifts
The Credit Union is a wonderful place to work if you don't want to advance. The opportunities for moving forward are limited, and seemed to be reserved for those people who are favored by upper management for not rocking the boat. Those with a voice are discouraged and left behind.
Day started with returning the hundreds of phone messages that were left on phone overnight. This took up probably the minimum of 1-2 hours depending on how much complaining the caller did. Did not learn much here except that a credit union pales to a banking as far as leadership, management, assistance etc. Management of the home loan center was a joke. If you needed assistance you were on your own. The manager would send you to the underwriter, she would send you to the manager, so on and so forth. You would not receive any help at all. Understaffed and very overworked. Co workers were so overwhelmed with their own issues and work that they could not assist you either, but we understood as we were in the same boat and at least could bounce the frustration off each other. Cannot think of one enjoyable part of this job. I almost had a complete breakdown working at this employer.
Pros
Good benefits nothing out of the ordinary really for a full time job.
Cons
Worse place I have ever worked for. No assistance when needed, management did not back you up, could go on and on.
I helped a lot of people with my time as a teller. I learned about federal regulations as well as Kern Schools policies and proceedures. Management was always very professional and respectful. My co-workers were very nice and we were all like family on our off time. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all the codes before they changes their systems. Once they changed the systems being used doing transactions became extremely easy.
Pros
handling large quantities
I have learned so much and have been all over the place there. I have learned from customer service to behind the scenes. I love my Overdraft Privilege members and they love calling me. I try to help as best I can and give them options, but you cant help everyone. Things have changed a lot with management and its no longer what is use to be, a family, its more business like. Its hard working with women but they are great most of the time but as long as you do your part you are good. The hardest part of my job is learning how to allow other people to help do the work because I am very meticulous and others are not. I love my friends I have made.
Pros
there are so many different positions to try out and see what you like.
Cons
every time i turn around the raise the rates on our health insurance and our pay is the same.