Valleywise Health System
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Valleywise Health System Employee Reviews

United States295 reviews
Really productive working housekeepers making sure rooms, elevators , doors etc are disinfected and a friendly like environment. Sanitation team making sure trash, biohazard containers are removed and replaced very common sense work
The administration does not care how many staff get exposed and infected by COVID. They only care about putting dollars in their pockets. Improper PPE, but
punish and blame staff for infection rates. Withholding PTO and incentive pay from certain staff and letting people work 7+ shifts in a row without time and a half. Adminstration never asks staff for feedback without retaliation then pretends they don't know why they can't keep their staff. BHT's are underpaid compared to every other org in the state. Horrid work place.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Administration
Techs runs this place and nurses hide., All they do is pass meds and try to avoid doing extra paperwork. The management never wants to deal with problems. Most techs are lazy and a few techs get stuck doing everything. They even pick the laziest techs to train new techs and wonder why we have so many techs are lazy
As in any company, the county hospital has good and bad people. My manager is wonderful, caring, and considerate. The work is not that interesting, and the benefits are awful.
Worst experience of my professional career, no concern or consideration for family, no condolences offered for an immediate death in my family that happened at their facility. Administration was very condescending and demeaning.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
It has taken me almost two years to leave a review. I would say that this job was very traumatizing. The management was the worse I have ever experience. The management at Valley Wise interpreting department is equivalent to working at third world country.
small department, flexible, interesting job working with medical students, and future residents of the program. not a lot of room to grow in specific department
When it came to the people who had been there for many years they were not as willing to help but others who were fairly new loved being helpful when asked
Administration is so far removed from actual patient care they are ruining any potential that place had. More interested in money and filling beds than they are about patients and safety, of staff included.
After more than 21 years, I am grateful to have been part of this organization. The opportunity for full retirement from the Emergency Department during this pandemic could not be forfeited.
Pros
Supportive environment among staff, great benefits
Cons
Management is hard pressed to conserve the budget and supplies during this pandemic.
Challenging at times with various patient population. Okay work/life balance. New Management with tendency to micro-manage. Once thought to be a secure place to work.
Managers were stagnant in their approach on morale and conflict resolution. Environment was borderline hostile and stressful. No employee appreciation, no employee support.
Love Valleywise would not trade it awesome supervisor higher management is excellent just great people to work with co-workers are super love working with them all
I enjoy working at my job. My job give me a sense of purpose. Everyone there work together and it really feels like family. Friendly and outgoing group of people that I work with.
Cons: High turnover, horrible management, operates on a point system for taking sick days and if you accrue too many points you are penalized, they make too many changes at once and do not care about employees.
Pros: Colleagues and working as a team.
the most enjoyable part of the job is using my skills to offer a better healthy living style an help other with providing medical help, being able to out to use the skills i learned
Very highly recommended, fast paced work environment, managers are pleasant and very nice to work with. They are flexible with their staff members. Good place to work
I learned a lot in the 8 yrs working at Valleywise, first as a Medical Assistant and then as a Administrative Assistant . Very fast paced with a diverse group of patients, also a great place to learn as a new MA.
Management does not care for their employees. It’s about them and not about the team. They often put unqualified people in charge. There are some that sabotage others career. They do not perform exit interviews.
Pros
Retirement Plan
Cons
No diversity
Everything is good about Valleywise Health. I love the work environment, staffs and benefits of the company. overall, it a very good working environment.
staff is very unfriendly and extremely unwelcoming and kind of defend for yourself in shark infested waters. the burn unit is the complete opposite. burn staff are great.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
Staff make ot hard to want to come to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valleywise Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight