Vallourec Employee Reviews

Safe Work Environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be meetings every morning about safety, safety issues and goal setting for the week. I would set up and calibrated my equipment every morning and check all info regarding material we would be working on.
Horrible management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 27, 2018
The money is great the 4 days on 4 days off is great benefits are great the management for the most part is ridiculous their "safety" team will never side with you and if you EVER turn your boss in for safety its going to put a GIANT target on your back and you WILL be terminated period no questions asked because hr is just as bad
Pros
Great money
Cons
Management is awful
Very Strong Work Enviroment
Production Operator (Hot Side Rolling Mill) (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJune 5, 2018
A great place to work, but not suitable for your average person. Rotating shifts are not for everyone. Requires on the spot thinking and reaction time. Its very team oriented and requires good communication skills. It also requires good attentiveness to detail. Bonuses were based on lack of injury and fatalities. Automatic loss of job if more than 3 days late. (very understandable)
Pros
Lots of Learning and Hands On, Good Dynamic not Static, Physical and Mental
Cons
Nepotism
great place to work
IT Deskside Support Specialist / Internal Analyst (Current Employee) –  HoumaMay 31, 2018
Job security totally dependent on price of oil . great benefits , great salary. great workplace environment. But company is changing. offices expanding and contracting. all normal. Job security totally dependent on price of oil
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 31, 2018
Vallourec is a good place to work and people there were eazy to work with and everyone was very safety minded.
They have a excellent health care package for their employees and a excellent bonus monthly and yearly package.
Pros
Pay was good and a safe place to work.
Cons
I have NO cons about Vallouec.
Good work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 13, 2018
They are a great place to work but do a lot of lay offs and do not care about there employees as far as there well being or if they even show up they think of you as a replaceable person and do not try to push you further unless they like you
Pros
Breaks every two hours
Cons
Lay offs
Mangement is horrible and HR doesn't care
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
The culture at this company is unreal. They hire contractors and demean and treat them in a condescending manner. Management is lacks experience and they have no standardize processes. Do not work here, you will be taken advantage of!!
Good products and great reputation
North America Sales Manager, (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Vallourec is a great company to work for. They are world renown for OCTG and premium connections, so you know you are selling something your customer values.
Stressful place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2018
Negative atmosphere and very difficult culture to deal with on daily basis. Was not informed during interview process of all of the personnel issues that I would be dealing with.
Pros
Great benelfits package.
Cons
Grossly underpaid, to many personel problems.
Unstable management
paper-pusher (Former Employee) –  Houston TXMarch 23, 2018
The rotating of the (French ex-pats) managers every 3 years had devastated the morale of the company. Hard-working individuals do not get rewarded due to the fact that the managers are always looking out for themselves and where their next position might be.

Awesome pay and benefits but at the cost of a poisoned environment!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
too many short-time managers in charge of the US branch
it suck
another slave (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXMarch 20, 2018
that plant and company are garbage, management has favoritism and racial profiling, HR don't stand for the workers and neither do the supervisors. long hours and hard work is not rewarded properly
Competitive and Dynamic
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
This work place utilized my team collaboration qualities. It was such a dynamic domain where something new occurred each day. Very challenging environment that gave me so much experience in the manufacturing field and improved my soft skills
Best company to work with in the piping industry
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
When everything is good in the oil market, this is a solid place to work. There will be long hours, you will get very dirty, and you won't have a lot of time to do anything else, but as crazy as it may sound I loved it this way. Benefits package is excellent. Stocks are offered. Monthly bonuses. Room 2 advance. The most undesirable thing really is if you have to work outside in all elements, other than that I loved it. The co-worker are cool and management can be okay when they want. The bad thing is that when the oil field is in a down spiral, this company has lay offs. Hours become limited to 24 - 40 hours a week. My advise is be the best worker that you can be, be punctual, and an asset to the company and you will avoid a lay off more than likely! This is a quality and safe place!
Pros
Compensation, Ot, bonuses, benefits, lots of paid time off, safety
Cons
Lay offs when market gets bad
Good company to work
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2018
Global Steel manufacturing company . Leaders on the connection development and products.
Multi cultural company with big French presence. They come to US with secure jobs and they rotate the French every 2-3 years
Average
Productioin Operator (Current Employee) –  Youngstown OhioMarch 11, 2018
Employees have lost a lot of pay and benefits in the past few years, only way to make money is to live there and work 1000 hours of overtime a year. No cost of living raises, end of year end bonus. A lot of extra benefits have been cut, used to get gift cards for safety modules, no summer picnic, no more Christmas party, for example they did away with it gave $100 gift card instead then immediately decreased it to $25 the next year. Used to have full safety day with vendors and time out of production, now they have 30 minutes to show a video give box lunch and ship you back to work. A lot of perks and benefits have been and are being cut unless they make some changes this will be a below average place to work in the upcoming years. Now there is a upcoming management push that they are calling employee empowerment and trying to get the hourly work force to do all the salary work for no extra pay. It is a very dangerous place to work and swing shifts are extremely hard on your body unless the perks and benefits come back it will be difficult for them to maintain a skilled workforce and will have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Offers full benefits and 401k
Cons
Expensive medical over $225 deducted a paycheck, declining pay no cost of living increase in years
lead electrical tech
Electrical Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2018
great place to work. we get to install a lot of different projects to upgrade equipment along with keeping the plant running at a steady pace. very laid back atmosphere.
Best job I every had!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 27, 2018
Got hired in as a true Machinist! Had one machinist retire and got lucky to get the opportunity to get the job. Worked graveyard shift and really learned a lot being by myself to keep tube mills running with parts we made or modified in machine shop. Around 100 people on all three shifts including office personnel. Thought I would like working closer to home in which I do! Just wish I could be more hands on as a machinist instead of actually a machine operator! Cannot really complain about the money but really think I could accomplish more as a true machinist at another company!
Pros
Great health insurance and premiums! Yearly bonuses!
Cons
Really nothing but the long drive in which if I had to do over I would just drive it and be happy!!!
really good we were a family
Shipping and Receiving Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAFebruary 23, 2018
I liked it up to they decided to close our location .I do feel Vallourec was the place I've ever worked .The most enjoyable part is that my job was challenging but loved it .I've learned how to be a supervisor ,and also loved interacting with everyone .
Pros
good pay
Cons
they lay off
Cyclical industry leading to high and low pressure periods
Sales and Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Highly integrated international company with a strong overseas presence at management and executive level helping organize and structure manufacturing capacities in various geographic centers.
Not the job for me
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Great company with great pay but the caster job is very hot and high paced and I just didn’t like it. The people and management are great here. My body just couldn’t deal with the heat. I was also worried about my job security because of the roller coaster demand of steel.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can be High paced and extremely hot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallourec. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3