Valmont Industries Employee Reviews

Job was enjoyable but alot of drug users
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTOctober 11, 2018
Once highered on it was an ejoyable experience but noticed each week a new set of people would either quit after 1 week of work and notice an alarming amount of drug users on job site which made the position uncomfortable to work in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Drug users, 20 min lunch no breaks in total of 8 hours of work
Good company to work for
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEOctober 10, 2018
enjoyed work and most of the people I worked with. My manager was fair and good to work for. collecting data for engineers running test and fabricating experimental fixtures were done on a typical day
Frequent Lay-offs
Gearbox Level 1 Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEOctober 9, 2018
Valmont isn't a factory so much as a sprawling campus. Each building ends up as a small factory in itself. I worked in a CNC shop and it had a small shop feel. Run primarily by a lead, the supervisor would show up once a night. The jobs weren't physically taxing, but there was enough of a challenge to keep the job from being a boring drag. I would still be there except...they lay off every year. I was told only those who had been there 10 years would survive the lay-off cut. One of my biggest regrets is not accepting the recall after 6 months, but that's the point. Who can afford a 6 month layoff every year or so? Good culture, good job, relaxed management style, and lots of lay-offs.
Pros
The Cafeteria - awesome breakfast
Cons
Annual lay-off
Great Job for beginers trying to advance there way up
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Its a fast paced job...alot of room for advancement...very hot and hard working environment but if your used to hard work its normal to you...........not so good management
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
Very hot
Fun place to work at
Anodizer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
It was always busy daily and you always had something to do, I learned allot of things from Valmont such as anodizing what is anodizing crane operation, the right way to rack the parts, the work place was comfortable to work, everyone was friendly with everyone it’s a good working environment
Pros
Free lunches, great people to work with
Cons
It was hot, and steamy
Money good
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2018
The money is good. Good benfits. Shop foreman show up maybe 3 days a week. Just poor mangement. Emloyees want to play boss more than the ones that are getting payed to do it. Will work there till something better comes along.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor mangement
Wouldnt recommend it
Welder (Current Employee) –  Valley, NESeptember 20, 2018
they absolutely do not value employees they work you to death and don't care about your home life and family life. All they care about is their bottom line and they will drop you like a bad habit if they start to get slow
Cons
work you to death without any regard for family life
Very productive
Kettle Worker (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 17, 2018
The work is hard. Though the pay is worth it.
Its a very competitive company. They are good at what they do. I enjoyed it there though i got hurt a few times.
Good people to work with
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
The main part I hated was driving an hour every day to and from work. I always worked night shifts, because it just always seemed easier to deal with when I had daily things to handle. The management was excellent 15, years ago and then it just fell apart from the top down. In the beginng it's all good moving spot to spot. Then you get stuck with office personnel that doesn't know the safety and people get hurt. I loved the insurance Valmont has but when they layedoff the hole weekend night shift, that was just a big mistake.
Management changes have ruined the company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2018
has been a good place to work until recent management changes that have taken a huge impact on overall moral and employee relations. Communication from management to employees has become less than desirable and job security isn't as certain as it once was.
Pros
compensation is good and benifits are very comparable
Cons
expectations are more than obtainable
very nice place to work. i just experienced poor management that lead my division to close
Field Services Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 7, 2018
plenty of overtime. excellent benefits. good pay, flexible schedule if needed. worked with multiple people and all were very good at the jobs given to them.
Pros
see above
Cons
let go due to no more division
made us work way to much overtime and not enough family time.
welder and safety rep. (Former Employee) –  Valley, NESeptember 5, 2018
the big bosses had us working 10 hr days 7 days a week for 6 months.
management need to improve on communication. had to call in sick for my own wedding because the boss wouldnt approve my vacation.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not alot of time off for family time
OK placeto work
Certified crane and forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Steele, ALAugust 27, 2018
Exposed to elements. Never really sure what hours you're working. Sometimes management will not listen to experienced personnel. Scheduling erratic and confusing at times.
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
Little room for advancement
I'm warning you now before you make a bad decision.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNAugust 21, 2018
If you are looking for a welding job in the Chattanooga area, there are plenty of places in the area to find a great job. I highly recommend staying away from Valmont. I didn't realize exactly how horrible the job was at the Jasper location until I found my new job. Valmont (Jasper) is poorly managed, has a horrible HR department, and hires supervisors who have no clue about the job. The pay is decent, but there are better paying welding jobs out there. Trust me, I found one. You can kiss your family time goodbye, as Valmont will run your life once you are hired in. I was told by numerous employees that there was no future at Valmont, get out as soon as you can because it's not a good place to work. I wish I would've gotten out sooner, because now I have an easier job, making a lot more money, with numerous weeks off for holidays, and exceptional benefits and rewards.
Cons
Bad management, Stressful, Underappreciated, No family time
Dumphole factory, all about the numbers noone cares about quality around here..have to record every move you make during your shift.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 20, 2018
WALK AWAY DONT EVEN ATTEMPT TO PUT IN AN APP HERE!!! This place will run you into the ground make you hate your life and have you looking for another job in a week
Pros
Come in and leave the same time every day, co workers are a pretty good group of guys everyone hates this place together lol
Cons
Management has no idea what's going on on the floor, constantly lied to, literally the worst equipment ive ever seen, stuff breaks and its rigged up till it breaks again, Overtime is scarce, used to get 8 hrs ot a week, then that disappeared, ot is only offered to day shift, so if your on nights goodluck making any extra money, treated like dirt nobody cares about you at ALL
Dont work here
Welder (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 20, 2018
This is the most crooked and one sided place I have ever worked there is osha violations around every corner like the roof leaking and extensions cords and wires running through the puddles. The management is terrible they will mess with your pay every chance they possibly get. And will not listen to anything ideas you have to make production better because "we are just factory workers".
This place is a joke!
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 20, 2018
I worked very closely with many of the managers of all departments. This place is extremely cutthroat and the managers will throw you under the bus as much as they can if it means keeping themselves out of trouble. Their attitudes towards applicants and their employees is disgraceful. These managers are so two-faced it's pathetic. I was actually planning on quitting this place before I was let go so they saved me the trouble and I was only there for about a month if that tells you anything! I have nothing good to say about this facility.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Office politics. Safety not enforced.Welders favored over other employees.
Eh
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 6, 2018
I didnt personally enjoy all the things that go on at Valmont. The management likes to throw you under the bus, for anything especially something that your supervisor may get into serious trouble for.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management, Too many required hours
job
CNC Drill / mill machinest (Current Employee) –  KansasAugust 6, 2018
they do not keep their employess in the loop about anything and they do not allow change unless you know someone. they do not cater to women very well
Fast paced lighting company
Sales Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley, NE 68064August 5, 2018
A lot of face paced office work for the entire floor of about 70 people including sales, drafters for light poles. Answering phones and filing, copying and putting catalogs together and working on spreadsheets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valmont Industries. Our community is ready to answer.