Valmont Industries Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Tractor Trailer Flatbed Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 15, 2019
Valmont closed its doors because the management was horrible and totally incompetent. Things happen for a reason and they got what they deserve. I was treated like I was a inmate in a prison, violence was encouraged by management. We were told to go out back and resolve our issues like men. Not a good work environment.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 12, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. I had a good team with me, and we put out a lot of material through the hot and cold months. The pay was good and defiantly worth all the hours we were putting in. I personally would never go back due poor management.
It was a great stepstone
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 1, 2019
Stepping stone job. Was too many two faced people. Random UA sucks..zero tol.. blows....Was a great training ground.. Learned how to operate. A crane..
Pros
Bonus monthly
Cons
Childish managment two faced. Stomp ya step on you.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEFebruary 26, 2019
Very good company to work for. The overnight shift became to much with three young children. The drive to work became to much of a commute. A very fast paced and fun place to work.
Good company with great people
Associate Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEFebruary 23, 2019
Good place with great people. Company focuses on continuous learning and development and will provide financial support to develop employees. Workplace culture and benefits could use an update.
Weekend shift
Welder/Fitter/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2019
Weekend shift is nice. Work 36 hours and get paid for 40 then have the whole week off. I liked the pace, you get rewarded for working harder than the rest.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Working weekends when everyone else is off
fast and productive
Welder 2 (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 13, 2019
this was a decent work place unfortunately it has shutdown, they looked for the best type of self-starting and production driven persons, they paid decently.
Relaxed workplace. Great people and bosses.
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Great place to work for. If valmont wasnt closing i wud work there till i retired. Unfortunately thats not the case. Was a great place to work. Good bosses and good people.
Work a lot.
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEFebruary 1, 2019
Most weeks you would work 60+ hours. Most people work most weekends. Great place to work for a younger person due to relationships between the younger people with similar lives.
Great enviroment
Experienced and accomplished supervisor (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKJanuary 18, 2019
I love my job but very upset, I have over 100% production every week and still get denied for a promotion and a raise. Very disappointing, I work extremely hard to not get some kind of reward so their for looking for a new job
Pros
Compensation is best
Cons
Promotions just arnt their
Productive, Enjoy my coworkers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 17, 2019
Day is very basic, come in organize my morning, then get down to the task of the day.
The HR part of my job is wonderful. Communication with Corporate and Department heads is always available to me. When a production crew member has question, and I do not have the answer to it, I always have a person or persons I can turn to for help.
the Accounting portion is very basic. Currently communication with the accounting department can be difficult. They have had personnel changes, and are still working the details out.
The Plant Manager makes the plant a relaxing place to work. The General Manager can be intense.
I do not find my job hard or complicated. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction that I have with my coworkers.
Great benefits but terrible management
Machine Operator 3 (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJanuary 16, 2019
You never see the Production Manager. If you have an issue, it's like talking to a wall. The people on the floor I worked with are amazing people and I've made some life long friends.
Pros
Paid lunch, great pay and benefits
Cons
Sucky management
(DONT GO)Terrible Managament harsh working environment
General Shop Help (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Pass this company up immediately.... They always complain they don’t have money or are losing money. But end up buying new office material instead of heating units for the cold winter and fans for hot summers & constantly having you work unnecessary overtime ! They generally don’t care about employees lots of favoritism no fair way to advance your career. Oh and make a mistake one time you will be on a final notice then fired ! Please looking for a good industry job go to the oil field or something .
Cons
Everything about VALMONT TX GALVONIZING
Fab Shop
Environmental & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJanuary 7, 2019
Small town facility with small town politics. It is laid back and more southern. Would not recommend someone not from the area to seek employment here.
hard dirty work
welder (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 3, 2019
it is a hot, or cold dirty place with hard physical work and alot of it. The people are generally good though. It is a good place if you dont have much experience
Drafter
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 22, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in. Small office and quiet. Training was great. Always someone to help you no matter what. I would like to have worked from home because of my condition but,was not offered. The people there were very friendly and loved to have fun.
Pros
Training, work
Cons
Pay
Fast paced
Polisher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNDecember 20, 2018
Long hours, Mandatory overtime, working 7. day weeks at times. Safety was a concern everywhere but poorly implemented, leading to alot of injuries and even deaths.
Productive and competitive with the rest of the industry
Quality Control / Assurance Manage (Current Employee) –  West Hazleton, PA 18202December 17, 2018
Great place to work. A real team effort and plenty of opportunities for advancement. Very cutting edge on lean and quality is number one. Core values are exercised every day.
Code Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2018
Arrive to work, immediately attend a daily meeting, where you are told the companies information about the previous work day and then followed by a reminder to stay in your area and work from buzzer to buzzer. I stay busy and I've learned a lot about the industry from my coworkers whom are all very easy to get along with, which is probably the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the management of that company that treat the shop as a modern day sweat shop.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible management
Fast paste
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INDecember 12, 2018
I have worked here for the last 3 years and have learned a lot about communication towers and dot sign structures great people to work with but it is a very fast paste invironment
Pros
Abality to get steel at company cost
Cons
Short lunch and 10 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valmont Industries. Our community is ready to answer.