Valmont Industries Employee Reviews

job
CNC Drill / mill machinest (Current Employee) –  KansasAugust 6, 2018
they do not keep their employess in the loop about anything and they do not allow change unless you know someone. they do not cater to women very well
Fast paced lighting company
Sales Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley, NE 68064August 5, 2018
A lot of face paced office work for the entire floor of about 70 people including sales, drafters for light poles. Answering phones and filing, copying and putting catalogs together and working on spreadsheets.
Its ok
worker (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKAugust 4, 2018
Management is sneaky in hiw they do stuff. Workers will throw people under the bus. Not a good place to work the pay is not worth the job. The enviroment is very hot and no breaks are given.
Great place to work.
Irrigation Welder (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEAugust 3, 2018
A great company to work for if you are willing to work hard in a fast paced enviroment. Only downside i would say would be job positions are shaky until you have a few years of seniority, due to layoffs in slow seasons.
Fantastic Employer
Robotic Welder / Welder (Former Employee) –  McCook, NEAugust 1, 2018
This job was a great employment opportunity. I had to relocate and Valmont did not have a facility where I moved. Bummer. The only difficult part was the long hours during busy season. 50-70 hrs a week. For me it was ok but I didn't have family so that could be tough for some. Overall I would work for Valmont again any anytime and I would recommend them to anyone. Great benefits with profit sharing and plenty of OT.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
long hours during busy season
Great work experience!
Welder/Fabricator, Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJuly 29, 2018
This company has been one of my best work experience's yet. They have a great work culture and the management team is on the right track for becoming the best fabrication shops in the world! A must for any welder that wants to advance in the metal fabrication industry! This is an A-Plus company!
Pros
They promote from within
Cons
Hours are long 45-60 hrs / week
relaxed atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 29, 2018
very relaxed atmosphere no heavy lifting got to sit most of the day assembling there product good hours not much overtime hours worked in a non climate controlled wharehouse
Pros
good hours
Cons
very slow paced
welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJuly 27, 2018
great place to work people are friendly and everyone is like family, great pay and great bennifets. never had a problem everone worked as a team and it .
Contradicting management and training
Pole polisher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNJuly 25, 2018
Trained with multiple people, all with variations of how they do things, often contradicting others. Then management would come along to tell you you're doing it all wrong. Management was abrasive and aggressive with one even throwing a tool to express their frustration with method used (due to contradictory training).

Management seriously needs to be replaced.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Long hours of 10-12 hours per day, 5+ days per week
Wonderful Place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work. Always improving around you, just not much helping you improve. Pick and choose who they tend to help move up the ladder. Place where you do not get much time off.
Good job
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 16, 2018
Excellent place to work. Good people. Good work. Safety is there number one aspect. Good direction on what they want you to do and how they what the job done.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Lay offs
I don't see how people are giving them 5 star reviews
Welder (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 16, 2018
Maybe valmont has other departments that have a much better work environment, but I worked in what they call Mid-size, when i bashing the company as well as the management. We would have machines that would break down constantly with a maintenance team that would slap a band aid over it and when I would question that, the other employees would say yep thats just the valmont way, and that I picked the worst department to work at, I was hired as a seam repair welder for second shift, I was trained for it on day shift for a couple months and when I moved to evenings the had me running the machines and the other monotonous jobs that no one else wanted to do, 4 months they had me doing that. apparently that was the norm for newcomers but it was never explained to me before I accepted the job that thats how it would be. Keep in mind I have a degree in welding technology, and they knew that I could weld. When I would confront my manager about it and how long it would take me to get over to the welding side he didn't have a clue. we worked 7 day weeks and we even had a guy in upper management tell us "If we could have you guys working 8 days a week, we would." we had 2 10 minute breaks with 15 minutes to eat our dinner. It was all about production production production they could care less the last time you were able to spend time with family. I once had a coworker tell me that once he worked 6 months with not one day off. I know for a fact that the only reason any of those guys worked there was the overtime pay and benefits, most of them made it obvious they didn't actually care for  more... the job itself. The only thing that made it hard to leave was the coworkers. They were the only thing that made my job bearable. If you are seriously considering working here, do as much research as you can and talk to people that have worked there first, however I do not recommend working mid-size.  less
benefits
Cons
7 days a week, scatterbrained management, company seemed to be going under
Probably still a fun place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 15, 2018
I worked in a nasty, smelly, dirty, smokey, and noisy environment....with some of the nicest people on the planet. Most everyone pitched in to help others, joked around (within reason) and generally made the work more bearable.
Some departments in the factory were obviously easier than others, but everyone I came in contact with was curious about my job, proud of their job and proud of the company they worked for.
Pros
Still has that family-owned business atmosphere in Valley, Ne
Cons
Factory environment and language might not be a fit for everyone
Very fast pase environment, no help!
QA Level 2 Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2018
Fast pace, in the hot summer and very cold in the winter, no help. Sometimes you have to skip lunch just so you dont get behind thur out the whole week. Very harsh atmosphere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No real brakes
Benefits and work schedule great
EMT Officer (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 6, 2018
The benefits are great, I work 12 hours shifts on a Pittman schedule so I only work 3 days in a row max. I'm also guaranteed two 3 day weekends each month. I love that I have a say in things and respected.
Good work place
rays landscaping (Former Employee) –  Elwood, NJJune 28, 2018
I like working at Valmont it was fun n good the people was nice the managers was ok and fair the pay could of been better with the type work we was doing but overall its a good job
Good place to work at
Correcote (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 23, 2018
These are one of those jobs that is easy but meaning full to hold. It has a very nice balance of independence and teamwork and the managers work just as hard.
Not stable
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 21, 2018
One month after starting there has been talk of closing the plant. As a whole, production improved and deadlines were met to circumvent this but every month it comes up again and again...
benefits
Cons
stability
Good company vision
Accountant (Current Employee) –  McCook, NEJune 15, 2018
Good Lean Certification Program and Global Gemba Academy.
Valmont University Training opportunities. Independent work environment. Leadership Training
good place to work
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley, NEJune 8, 2018
good job. work up to 8-10 hr a day learn how to run CNC machines along with welding, mag crane,running a 100 ton brakepress to bend poles. also learn to run punch presses ,theader,coil feeding presses,fabrication. galvanizing,.20 ton overhead cranes, forklifts and more.Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
excellent benefits good culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valmont Industries. Our community is ready to answer.