Valpak Employee Reviews

IMTA-Industrial Maintenance Technician-Advanced (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work.Valpak has some of the smartest and most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege to work with.It will be the people I will miss the most!
Stay Away
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 4, 2018
The owner acts like a rabid animal if something goes awry. I've never experienced a manic/depressive personality as bad as the owner. I highly recommend that you stay away from this company.
Pros
Location, Territory, People
Cons
Owner was an A-hole.
Valpak has been very good to me.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2018
Valpak is a great place to work! They are currently going through a little bit of an identity crisis (traditional media company vs. digital marketing powerhouse) since they were purchased by a private equity company, but I'm sure Valpak will become stronger and better than ever.
Pros
Great office space, agile management practices, and good benefits.
Productive low stress setting to work in.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to work. If you hit numbers there is no micro managing. Flexible hours and good balance between work and family. If you are self motivated and focused great place to work.
coworkers become family
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2018
always moving froward in learning ,they provided many classes on teaming. provided uniform shirts free every year. benefits generous. pay very good for florida was tough leaving there after 7 years. But my legs failed me.
Pros
pay and coworkers
Cons
4 weeks per year called down weeks they were boring weeks of trying to stay busy
Valpak Orange County
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2018
This office is horrible. The manager is very mean spirited and is not a nice person. I would not recommend working at this franchise. They are not doing well and do nothing to help you. They threaten you all the time and are very negative. It is a very poorly run franchise that has nothing to offer. They have high turn over and do not appreciate their sales reps. It is a dead end job with nothing to offer. Stay clear
Cons
Terrible place
Managment ready to get you
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2017
Other coworkers are nice and great! Managers try to find reasons to pick on you! Try to force you out! Human recourses has there back! Cut throat culture!
valpak
Marketing Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Account ExecutiveOctober 21, 2017
corporate company-franchise opportunity
selling direct mail to mostly restaurants, dry cleaners and home service businesses
not a lot of digital options
very poor
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 21, 2017
this was my first job out of high school and although it was horrible it was definitely a learning experience. I thank them for my job and experiences
There's a reason that working at Valpak is so wonderful!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 11, 2017
When I started at Valpak, I was young and still figuring out what to do with my college degree. I started as an Administrative Assistant, not knowing where I’d go next. But the more I learned about Valpak and what an amazing small business it was, the more I wanted to stay. My coworkers and boss are like family to me. We grow together and learn together.

Valpak of N. Colorado & S. Wyoming has gained the trust and recognition as a successful small business both through our network of franchises and among our clients. The favorite part of my position is that it allows for me to support the sales staff and clients alike.

As the years went on (going on 19 this fall!), my responsibilities grew and I became the Operations Manager. Through the added tasks, I naturally became more and more dedicated to the business. From entering contracts to paying the bills, every day is different…and that diversity is what I love about my job. I can’t imagine myself anyplace else but Valpak of N. Colorado & S. Wyoming.
Pros
office teamwork, flexible work/life balance
Extremely Creative
Intern (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 31, 2017
Extremely Creative place to work. Sales driven. Great work environment. Very laid back. Goal orientated. Phenomenal place to work and create. Very good company.
Pros
Creative and free
Cons
Experienced none
I love my job with Valpak
Marketing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 19, 2017
Valpak is a great option for business owners who want to get measurable results from their marketing budget. We have an awesome office with an amazing support staff that is available to help with anything needed to make a sale! My position offers me the opportunity to be creative, solve problems and challenge myself every day. It never gets boring, I always have plenty to do and my compensation is a direct result of my hard work. It does require dedication, focus and organization but the payoff is great commission, weekends off and great coworkers!
Pros
Advertising that gets results, unlimited earning potential, great coworkers!
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 14, 2017
I didnt value my time here as I shouldve. A great company a great culture. A relaxed culture in a sales based culture. Good people as well. Appreciation showed for good work.
Pros
The culture
Work with great people
Order Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 9, 2017
Read ads for accuracy according to what the franchise requested. If mistakes are found send back to {PPA} Print Production Artist for corrections. Any art that is not attached that needs to accompany ad is sent to a {CSR} Customer Service Representative to contact franchise to have art sent in. Scan incoming layouts and proof's copy & instructions while making sure that company procedures and regulations have been followed.
Pros
Attention to detail, proofreading expertise and work well with group or team
Once a fun company, but no more
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 17, 2016
When I first started, it was a blast working there. Employees were respected and looked after and allowed a lot of autonomy in how to conduct their work.

But things changed and in the end I could not wait to leave. Respect for the individual skills in IT disappeared and enlightened management was replaced with petty micro-managers who had no respect for the skills and experiences of people doing the actual work.

I made two great decisions in my life - First joining Valpak, and second leaving it.

I never looked back.
Pros
None in the end
Cons
Insecure work environment, petty managers
A work place structured solely on print sales and reps
Graphics / Admin (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2016
Only if you have been working for this company for an extended period of time are you allowed any flexibility. The benefits are not that great compared to other companies. The focus alot on print sales and the branding for their web serves doesn't even match, so alot of people don't even know they offer those services. Overall, if your great at sales this is job for you. If your in any other function, look else where.
Great Company but...
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2015
No room for growth once you are a sales manager. Comp plan is not tied to rep's success so you plateau. Good talent goes to waste.
Pros
Great products and training
Cons
Solid ceiling for upward movement.
Great People
Sales, Production, and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 6, 2015
This is a wonderful environment to work in with superior work ethics and profession team-players who have a friendly demeanor.
Highly knowledgeable and skilled management team who involves themselves in their employees concerns.
Pros
Great team, great management
Cons
Possible layoffs
It was a fun place to work now it's more scare tactics and every year there seems to be group of layoffs
Print Prodution Artist (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 8, 2015
This was a great place when I first started, since then I have made it through several layoffs and stressful fear inducing meetings indicating poor job security. It seems the only concern is for the franchises with no regard to employees and upper management really has no clue about what the jobs entail
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
No job security and management is kind of clueless of job duties
Great people, pay and work environment.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 23, 2015
Work has been a great experience. I learned some valuable transferrable skills that will be helpful in my career change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valpak. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about