Valpak Employee Reviews

Valpak has been very good to me.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2018
Valpak is a great place to work! They are currently going through a little bit of an identity crisis (traditional media company vs. digital marketing powerhouse) since they were purchased by a private equity company, but I'm sure Valpak will become stronger and better than ever.
Pros
Great office space, agile management practices, and good benefits.
IMTA-Industrial Maintenance Technician-Advanced (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work.Valpak has some of the smartest and most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege to work with.It will be the people I will miss the most!
It was a fun place to work now it's more scare tactics and every year there seems to be group of layoffs
Print Prodution Artist (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 8, 2015
This was a great place when I first started, since then I have made it through several layoffs and stressful fear inducing meetings indicating poor job security. It seems the only concern is for the franchises with no regard to employees and upper management really has no clue about what the jobs entail
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
No job security and management is kind of clueless of job duties
coworkers become family
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2018
always moving froward in learning ,they provided many classes on teaming. provided uniform shirts free every year. benefits generous. pay very good for florida was tough leaving there after 7 years. But my legs failed me.
Pros
pay and coworkers
Cons
4 weeks per year called down weeks they were boring weeks of trying to stay busy
Productive and fun workplace
Media Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 10, 2018
Excellent training,,my immediate Manager was always available and helpful. Co-workers were excellent. At the time I was employed, they made a announcement that Cox Media was selling Valpak. With that being said the workplace was a little uncomfortable not knowing who was buying and potential changes that could take place.
A great opportunity.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WISeptember 18, 2012
I was recruited to come work for Valpak in May by a friend's fiance and the GM of the Franklin location.
I enjoy setting my own schedule and meeting with multiple business owners to help them set up successful marketing campaigns.
My management and leadership team is top notch and have helped me become very well versed in all aspects of the business.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining your monthly revenue while constantly attracting new business clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having off on the weekends, setting my own schedule and working from home.
Pros
work from home, salary plus bonuses and commission, freedom
Cons
travel
Former Print Production Artist
PRINT PRODUCTION ARTIST (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2015
Valpak could have been an awesome place to work if it wasn't for micro managing supervisors. The work environment there is very depressing and it feels like you're on a sinking ship. The people there were nice but everyone is always under constant fear of getting canned. It's awful. Hopefully there will be changes made and things will start looking up for the people who are still there.
Pros
good benefits, free donuts
Cons
poor management, stressful environment, low morale, micro managing
Valpak Orange County
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2018
This office is horrible. The manager is very mean spirited and is not a nice person. I would not recommend working at this franchise. They are not doing well and do nothing to help you. They threaten you all the time and are very negative. It is a very poorly run franchise that has nothing to offer. They have high turn over and do not appreciate their sales reps. It is a dead end job with nothing to offer. Stay clear
Cons
Terrible place
Stay Away
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 4, 2018
The owner acts like a rabid animal if something goes awry. I've never experienced a manic/depressive personality as bad as the owner. I highly recommend that you stay away from this company.
Pros
Location, Territory, People
Cons
Owner was an A-hole.
I love my job with Valpak
Marketing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 19, 2017
Valpak is a great option for business owners who want to get measurable results from their marketing budget. We have an awesome office with an amazing support staff that is available to help with anything needed to make a sale! My position offers me the opportunity to be creative, solve problems and challenge myself every day. It never gets boring, I always have plenty to do and my compensation is a direct result of my hard work. It does require dedication, focus and organization but the payoff is great commission, weekends off and great coworkers!
Pros
Advertising that gets results, unlimited earning potential, great coworkers!
Not a bad place to work does not have job security and constantly changing rules.They do not keep the employee in the loop .Work conditions are good.
Senior process tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2015
This company changes the rules all the time .They are real hard on the print department witch is the backbone of the company so you would think that they would work harder to treat all employees equal.
Pros
They pay well for the south
Cons
if you have not grown up with management you wont go far
There's a reason that working at Valpak is so wonderful!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 11, 2017
When I started at Valpak, I was young and still figuring out what to do with my college degree. I started as an Administrative Assistant, not knowing where I’d go next. But the more I learned about Valpak and what an amazing small business it was, the more I wanted to stay. My coworkers and boss are like family to me. We grow together and learn together.

Valpak of N. Colorado & S. Wyoming has gained the trust and recognition as a successful small business both through our network of franchises and among our clients. The favorite part of my position is that it allows for me to support the sales staff and clients alike.

As the years went on (going on 19 this fall!), my responsibilities grew and I became the Operations Manager. Through the added tasks, I naturally became more and more dedicated to the business. From entering contracts to paying the bills, every day is different…and that diversity is what I love about my job. I can’t imagine myself anyplace else but Valpak of N. Colorado & S. Wyoming.
Pros
office teamwork, flexible work/life balance
Hard Work, No Pay, Less Support
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 28, 2013
The work is hard, the pay is nominal, and the support from management is minimal, employee morale is dismal and cut-throat. The owner of this franchise is an arrogant egomaniac with tantrums and fits of foul language.Give him a few drinks and he an "Human Resources Nightmare", if you know what I mean, ladies.
Pros
there are other cox properties that know how to treat their employees
Energetic atmosphere where you could incorporate fun
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 18, 2013
I can say everyday day was a different day. Yes, you had your normal daily duties but you also had the unexpected. My first and foremost part of my job was to help the employees with any benefit issues and concerns they had.
I enjoyed providing assistance to our employees and vendors and learned a lot about people and about what's important. To balance work and family is very important. I had the opportunity to work with some great co-workers and have always learned new skills along the way.
The hardest part of the job was there was never enough hours in the day. You could always do more. One of the things I found most enjoyable was meeting and helping employee's so that they either understood their options or gained knowledge.

Pros
Free on-site screenings, great benefits
Not all Valpak offices are created equally
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2013
Overall, this is a great company and the product is a consumer favorite. It is ultimately owned by Cox Target Media; however, local offices are owned by franchisees. You are not technically a Cox employee unless you work at the corporate office in Tampa.
My experience? Commissions are capped - once I started making good money, the owner made life miserable until I finally found another job. Although I was an award-winning top-performer - didn't matter. You are at the mercy of your franchise owner. Most believe all accounts and relationships are ultimately theirs.
Go in with eyes wide open then keep half shut until you leave.
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of support materials and training from corp. offices
Cons
ramp-up is tough, toxic work environment (atlanta office), internal politics, product can be a tough sell
Great co-workers
Bookkeeper & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 1, 2015
During a typical day at work, I focused on the following: 1) setting up payments to pay for ads and collecting ads not paid for, which worked best by combining my efforts with those of the sales reps, 2) handling computer difficulties around the office, 3) receptionist duties, 4) Accounts Payable, 5) Accounts Reconciliation, 6) semi-monthly payroll.

I had the great privilege of working with some of the most wonderful people I have ever known. Some of the people I worked with continue to be wonderful friends and associates. I learned the best methods to use to get clients who didn't want to pay their bills to do so. I also learned a great deal about office politics.

Office politics was, I believe, the most difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and interacting with wonderful friends.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and friends
Cons
Office politics
Managment ready to get you
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2017
Other coworkers are nice and great! Managers try to find reasons to pick on you! Try to force you out! Human recourses has there back! Cut throat culture!
Cons
Productive low stress setting to work in.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to work. If you hit numbers there is no micro managing. Flexible hours and good balance between work and family. If you are self motivated and focused great place to work.
Once a fun company, but no more
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 17, 2016
When I first started, it was a blast working there. Employees were respected and looked after and allowed a lot of autonomy in how to conduct their work.

But things changed and in the end I could not wait to leave. Respect for the individual skills in IT disappeared and enlightened management was replaced with petty micro-managers who had no respect for the skills and experiences of people doing the actual work.

I made two great decisions in my life - First joining Valpak, and second leaving it.

I never looked back.
Pros
None in the end
Cons
Insecure work environment, petty managers
Life as Intern
Marketing Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 4, 2013
I was a marketing research intern at Valpak. I have learned a lot in research world. The management team is great and are always supportive.
Pros
A Google culture
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valpak. Our community is ready to answer.