Valuation Management Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worst place in the world for an appraiser to work
Appraisal analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 29, 2015
The other reviews have it right in target, management treats you like your a little kid who gets scolded over any mistake, always worried your going to get fired. The only time I felt comfortable and respected by management was during the initial training. The owners daughter is bipolar, would try scold you and then try and make it seem she was trying to help but even that seemed like it was a bother for her. Overall the company is a factory AMC with little to no regard for the appraisers actually working for them and just concerned with pushing orders in and out as fast as you can. When you can't hit your numbers or make mistakes because your trying to make the numbers and they expect you to work nights and weekends to make it up but don't pay overtime or much to begin with.
Professionals stay away
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Ga.November 7, 2015
Whatever you do stay away from this group at all costs. If you have absolutely no choice and cannot find any other employment of any kind, be prepared for a demoralizing experience with the know it all daughter of the owner, yes that's correct this is a Mom & Pop with 4 relatives working under 1 roof. You can not make this nightmare scenario up. A total waste of time.
Pros
Plenty of room at the office because of the empty cubes.
Cons
Every aspect was a waste of time.
Perfect Fit
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
I have worked for large corporations and small mom and pops so I was happy to find a nice compromise to both. The CEO is very accessible and involved with the company. VMG hires educated workers with good experience and we do not outsource so you will find close knitted relationships. Everyone goes through an initial training process and then we have online training to choose from and ongoing industry training with our monthly meetings. I used to take insurance packages for granted but not anymore, the company contributes towards health insurance, provides FSA and matches our 401k. You can leave your ties and jackets at home and enjoy jeans on Friday then show off your favorite team for college colors day and other themed activities. Each month we have themed lunches with good homemade food to benefit our annual diabetes walk, we also support the 2 day breast cancer walk and the local YWCA for battered women. This is the first company I have ever worked for that sent me and my husband on an all expense paid trip to Mexico through the incentive program. They have given away numerous trips, iPads, gift cards and big screen TVs. Management works to get employees out of the office for fun with family lake days, Braves baseball or even to the parking lot for Cookouts and corn-hole tournaments.
Great company to work for in real estate!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Marieta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
It is nice to be part of a growing real estate company. There are lots of perks working at VMG including:

The company offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and other benefits as well!! A portion of the medical is paid by the Company.
An awesome 401K match
Numerous incentive trip and prize drawings 3 times a year
Employee surveys are conducted
Company meetings twice a month
Community involvement with charities and even hose monthly luncheons to raise money
Paid time off
Paid holidays
The list goes on!
Pros
Numerous incentive trip and prize drawings 3 times a year
Not sure what company the high reviews were rating
Residential Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaOctober 20, 2014
This is a joke company run by an owner that is never in town. She and her SVP husband are gallivanting around the country in the name of business development and networking. While she is gone, the daughter, a VP, harrasses underlings with her hamster/gerbil as she finds it amusing that a certain racial group is scared of her rat. The company uses threats of job loss daily to keep everyone in line. The only saving grace is that for most it is only a 9-5 job with little overtime or weekend hours.
Check out Glassdoor Reviews
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 4, 2014
e nice, but management doesn't really promote camaraderie among the ranks.
Cons

Agree with the other reviews. This company was on INC's top 500 two years in a row, but it seems that the past two years, the company has declined. Small company but CEO is rarely in the office. When the CEO is in, everyone is sweating their jobs. We hope we don't pop up on her radar. Doesn't matter how well you do your job, if she finds something the day she is there, everything before and after is suspect. For example, when the company trip leaves left the company short-handed and management left knowing a large spreadsheet was being sent, after a day of waiting, a co-worker tracked down the client sending the spreadsheet, that was 3x what was originally stated. She and her team spend the next days, including a Saturday for the team, and a Sunday for her, inputting the orders, bidding them, and awarding them. Management comes back from the trip and what happens? The CEO comes and raises her voice at the co-worker implying everything was done wrong (it wasn't), Everyone on the floor heard it and the co-workers team was upset that their hard work was not even recognized. Then management gives the co-worker one of the worst reviews given to a manager (time of her yearly raise). They were surprised when she finally left 5 months later.

One SVP is never there as he married the boss. One of the VP is the owner's daughter and she spends her time scaring underlings with her hamster. Harassment and racial lawsuit waiting to happen.
Cons
Other than lack of job security, very good place to work.
Quality Assurance Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Other than the lack of job security, this company was a very good place to work. The environment is that of comfortable surroundings, supportive management, and mutually supportive team members.