Value City Furniture Employee Reviews

not for you
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 20, 2018
no training, no planning. associates are gossiping bullies. management allows hostile behaviors. systems are out dated. poor leadership. no work life balance.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
horrible environment
Typical Commission-based Job
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYSeptember 19, 2018
This is your average commission driven career. Any discounts on sales must be given through a manager, which are hard to locate in the building sometimes.
Very Caring Work Family
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VASeptember 18, 2018
Although it can be hard to move into a management position, this company takes care of their employees at every level and treats them like family. Management is accessible and always happy to work with you through any issues.
Intense Commission Store
commission salesman (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22041September 17, 2018
there was a constant push to sell as much as possible with all the add-ons like insurance, stain protection warranties. Store manager was very laid back, stayed in his office and let the staff do their jobs.
Pros
discounts on store items
Poor Management
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 17, 2018
The job itself was fun, and fast paced. Management offers no help, and you're expected to work more hours than you sign up for. You won't climb the ladder here unless you're here for a really long time.
Bad dm
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2018
The DM for this store came from a retail world of high sales and high expectations and didn't understand the aspect of slower furniture sales. Another example of not knowing the environment.
Terrible
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
I did not enjoy my time there. I didn't get paid enough and my time was not respected. I got pulled in 1000 different directions at once and got screamed at when things were not done correct.
Pros
having a job
Cons
everything else
Stay away!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 1, 2018
If you are looking for a place you will enjoy great culture, excellent training and leadership who truly cares…STAY AWAY from Value City Furniture. This place only cares about the top level employees in the corporate office.
lunch with co workers
Visual Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 26, 2018
hard work some days loading, prepping, moving furniture.
What I learned most was a great team of people to work with makes a huge difference and getting respected for a job well done.
Pros
get your 40 hours in and be done for the week
Cons
paying for your break room supplies
Calming environment
Greeter/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2018
I was seasonal worker so it was easy and fun to at work. The managers were good to the worker and the customers, they answered any questions they had even when they were off.
Pros
Breaks were nice.
Cons
Tiring
Poor overall experience
Sales and Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 23, 2018
Sales is a great position financially if you know what you're doing, but management is treated horribly, i was told i wouldn't be promoted due to my young age for a store even though I was EASILY the most qualified candidate. Will probably be taking legal action against them.
Pros
You get to run a company with someone else's money
Cons
No job advancement, age discrimination, very political, low salary
I wor with good people...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 19, 2018
In store Management is a joke. too much time on paperwork and none on developing sales. they are always putting out fires with customer service. Management above store level is disconnected with store issues. They continue to pay less and want more. As a commissioned salesperson I should have some control of what I make. they make it almost imposable to repeat year before levels.
Pros
easy job
Cons
fustrations over advancement and working enviroment..
Horrible
Home Furnishing Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 18, 2018
Worked there for 12 years. I used to value and take pride in my job. When the Sr. Owner retired, The company took a turn for the worse. It became an absolutly horrible place to work! Untrained and unprofessional managers, made it very difficult to show up and do my job.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Management is a JOKE
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 15, 2018
They didn't care how much you work they used you and never have time to do anything but if you single and want allot of hours this is the job .so much favoritism. Management was drinking alcohol with employees after work.drug issues that was going on and nothing is resolved including at this time your boos said she doesn't care if you smoke weed like seriously .I had to leave I didn't even put my 2 weeks in it was bad management,but good job
Pros
Paid vacation, good benefits allot of overtime
Cons
No breaks, no vendors pay no good
RELAXING none stressful,Nice employees to work with
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company it was fun employees was nice pay was good because you can work over,management was perfect I would work here again which I work in the office.
Pros
work together getting lunch sometimes get together and go out for after work drinks
Cons
love the health insurance
Poorly Ran
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 7, 2018
I would not recommend my friends/family to visit Value City Furniture. Management was very poor. They were not out for the consumer or employee’s best interest.
Pros
Hourly pay, 401k
Cons
Poorly ran, management not there to help, no benefits
Relaxed and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work..even have vision and dental insurance plans bland 401 k plans..management is awesome..and flexible hours..i would recommend this job to anyone
Not a bad company to work for.
Office Manager/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed the positions I held with in the company. The work atmosphere was pleasant and my co-workers were great to work with. I truly enjoyed being able to help the customers as needed with any questions they had.
A day at Value City
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILAugust 1, 2018
It was a great job. I enjoyed working for this company. It could get stressful from time to time but overall a great company to work for. There was not hardest part. Either you like it or you did not like it. The culture was all black. Managment was kinda unusal, we changed so much. By the time you get used to one he eas gone then you get another one. A typical day was a bunch of upset customer who either didn't get their delivery or something was broken within their delivery merchandise. ANd they were upset cursing me out because it would take another couple of days to re-schedule or to receive new merchandise from our warehouse.
good enviroment to work very helpful team of mgrs
Sales/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 1, 2018
Good enviornment to work, well paid and quality products. Typical day includes going through store checking inventory, reviewing old sales to ensure quality, and wait to greet customers.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
a lot of competition in the area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Value City Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about