Value City Furniture Employee Reviews

Loved my boss best boss ever!!! Just low pay and very boring most of the days
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 13, 2019
I loved my boss she was the best boss I’ve ever had. The benefits I received were dental eye and health. The days were mostly boring the office I would accomplish my whole days work within an hour or two of being there. Was not stimulating. Loved the staff I worked with. Most corporate pressure job I’ve ever had.
They shut down the plant on me
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2019
I would have l loved to stay but they closed down two plants on me in Columbus ohio. I stated through a temp agency and they closed the first place on me. They then sent me to the other location for a while. They fully intended on keeping me on. The only problem was that they could not do to the fact that i was a temp and the full time workers came first.
The city of value
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MONovember 5, 2018
They only pay you for selling their warranty protection. The furniture should sell itself on price alone but in poor neighborhoods does not. With that being said it would make sense in some areas that the warranty protection would be your paycheck. They are on a three tier sales structure of sales per hour delivered ($250) , a certain percentage of your items need pure promise (the warranty) or you will not make anything and they rip you off of what used to be called spiffs by giving you a flat 4% of your mattress sales which are required even if your customer does not need a new mattress. Even if you can do all these things they are still a horrible, spineless place to work for with even trashier customers.
Pros
Pros should never go to work for Amatuers
Cons
Might be a great place for Cons to go to work
Great productive friendly place
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 27, 2018
This was the best job I’ve ever had! Had it not been for my daughter having medical issues I’d still be working there. Sadly I had to take some open ended time off & they had to fill my space. Understandable. Employees were friendly & supportive. Teamwork was highly encouraged. Management frequently praised employees & company frequently rewarded entire store for meeting goals.
Restructuring made working diffucult
Assistant Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAOctober 9, 2018
While working in the Monroeville location, I was able to be a successful employee. The company decided to restructure and force people to resign or to relocate. All in all, they it was a great job for to learn how to manage others and the staff, including direct management made it extremely easy to move forward. Relocation was the only reason I am not still employed with Value City Furniture
Pros
Close to home ( until relocation), fun work atmosphere
Cons
Forced relocation
It’s an okay job if you’re okay with making $11.11 an hour
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 14, 2018
This place is by far the hardest place to make a commission check with all the policies and ways that they deliver that they have in place. All products are severely underprojected to many people end up cancelling because the wait is unreasonable or they will continue to push out delivery dates because of stocks problems.
Pros
Base pay
Cons
Hard to make real money
Lead Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 29, 2018
working at value city was a fun and productive place to work. the district manager for loss prevention had a lot of confidence in me to run the loss prevention department while he was traveling to multiple stores. we always met our store goals with internals and externals and kept the store shrinkage low. i loved what i do and the field that i am in.
Pros
multiple discounts, flexible schedule, fun work environment.
Cons
not applicable
Great Company
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 14, 2018
Operated forklift transport material between loading, scanned and moved material onto pallets. Loaded and unloaded truck and railcars, packed and attached correct label to products. Ensured safety instructions are followed while operating forklift, pallet jack or dock loader. shipping and receiving.
VCF is a good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2018
I never thought I would enjoy furniture sales and was talked into it by the GM of the newest location at Polaris and I must say that I did enjoy it much more than I thought I would. The only real drawback is being on your feet 10 hours a day (the pedometer on my phone registered 5 miles walking per shift).
Amazing place to work
Office associate/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Honestly, during the time I worked there, I enjoyed every aspect of it. through that job I met some amazing people but also I was able to Grow as a person which helped me later in life. So if someone wants to work there I would definitely recommend it.
No Balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsFebruary 21, 2019
Overworked, underpaid and unappreciated. Poor upper management. It's not what you know it's who you know. Very political. Workers are extremely under paid, raises are ridiculously low. People have worked there fro years and never received a raise.
Pros
it;s a job
Cons
long hours, low pay
Great potential but you are just a number...
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 20, 2018
Environment depends largely on store leadership. Anyone outside of the store is very hands off. Managers get away with murder. You are just a number and can get dropped at any moment...
Pros
Pay and growth
Cons
Environment, awful leadership, no job security
Co-worker nice, management acts as if they do not know what to do.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2019
It would be a nice place if they consider the little man. Always wanting more, more, never say job well done. The money on a good month is ok. You never have time for your family, or yourself.
Pros
Lunch when you work on a holiday.
Cons
What thats
Positive one.
Showroom Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2018
My overall with value city was a good one. I was treated fairly. People including managers were professional. Overall environment was positive. The hardest part of the job was moving the furniture around during floor moves. Best part was working with the people.
Pros
Working with the people.
Cons
The floor moves
I wor with good people...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 19, 2018
In store Management is a joke. too much time on paperwork and none on developing sales. they are always putting out fires with customer service. Management above store level is disconnected with store issues. They continue to pay less and want more. As a commissioned salesperson I should have some control of what I make. they make it almost imposable to repeat year before levels.
Pros
easy job
Cons
fustrations over advancement and working enviroment..
Poor overall experience
Sales and Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 23, 2018
Sales is a great position financially if you know what you're doing, but management is treated horribly, i was told i wouldn't be promoted due to my young age for a store even though I was EASILY the most qualified candidate. Will probably be taking legal action against them.
Pros
You get to run a company with someone else's money
Cons
No job advancement, age discrimination, very political, low salary
Poor pay and Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Pay was low for fast-paced heavy lifting and moving of inventory. Poor management that caused understaffing and stress in warehouse. Coworkers were very friendly and helped whenever possible.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Pay and Management
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 15, 2018
They didn't care how much you work they used you and never have time to do anything but if you single and want allot of hours this is the job .so much favoritism. Management was drinking alcohol with employees after work.drug issues that was going on and nothing is resolved including at this time your boos said she doesn't care if you smoke weed like seriously .I had to leave I didn't even put my 2 weeks in it was bad management,but good job
Pros
Paid vacation, good benefits allot of overtime
Cons
No breaks, no vendors pay no good
Good and Bad
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2019
Both good and bad with Value City. Inventory availability is the number 1 issue. Tough to drive sales and kept delivery expectations. Good environment, needs more advertising.
Pros
Great selections and fair prices
Cons
Inventory availability
Excellent company
Furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 11, 2018
Best company to work for and when the company decided to close its doors for good they took care of the employees. I have never seen a company more in tune with their employees as this company was and I would still be working there if they would not of closed the store down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Value City Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.