Value World
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Value World Employee Reviews

United States134 reviews

clothingdiscountstorecustomerlowcoworkersbreaknice

Coworkers make the job bearable but little pay for high expectations

I loved my coworkers and we had fun while working, but in comparison with other companies nearby, the pay is low for the high production expectations, with little to no staff, and no attempts to recruit more staff

Pros

fun coworker atmosphere

Cons

monotonous work, low pay

Stay Away

Worked here for a few months.. my coworkers were awesome.. management not do much.. they want you to do alot of work for miminal pay.. there is no room for advancement at all.

Value World insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

It had its good days

It wasn't a bad company to work for and some of the people I worked with even the drivers and the guys worked in the warehouse made it possible to worked there for 13 years

Overall the pay does not match the job, too little and they expect way too much.

I would have found it pleasant if they had increased the pay. The working environment was poor, they had no air conditioning which made the day go by fairly worse .

What is the best part of working at the company?Associate discount on merchandise What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Where to start. Management is a joke. They don’t know how to do their job, let alone treat their employees with respect. The pay is HORRIBLE, and you’re lucky if you get a 15 minute break. Management bullies their employees and expects you to put the company first before anything, even when you’re not working. You’re expected to bend over backwards for a company that could care less about their workers or their well being. You’re not trained at all, and if registers come up short, they take it out of your pay check What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Horrible and anxiety inducing What is a typical day like for you at the company?Overworked and underpaid and unappreciated

Don't recommend not a good place to work!!

Lied to me about the position expected to know several stores and how they did things very stressful for next to no money!! Not a good atmosphere to work at.

Great people

I honestly loved my job. I had a lot of fun working in the backroom doing sorting and pricing. The management was also very nice and flexible with scheduling.

Cool job for a teenager, pay isn’t great and management was horrible when I worked their. job is very fast pace, hours are annoying and work hours are not consistent.

Pros

Discount on clothes

Cons

Short breaks horrible management

Great environment with opportunity to grow

Yes, this is a retail environment so you are on your feet and interacting with customers but it is a great place to work. I enjoy the team and helping people with their thrift experience. The training to start was thorough and I feel support from management. This has been a positive experience.

Pros

Employee discount, part-time, advancement.

Cons

On your feet

Great, easy place to work

I was surprised at home many employees and managers have been working at Value World for decades! says a lot about the company and peoples loyalty to the company.

Pros

nice friendly community

Workplace culture and opportunity

Over the past years value world has been promoting a better culture. The management teams are more involved with the staff training and are fair. Value World has offered me many opportunities for growth, they love to promote from within. I have seen people start off as cashiers and work their way up to managing stores. If you are looking for a job that you can grow from within then Value World would be a good fit for you.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Not really a job for teenagers but an okay first job

I was really excited to be hired here because I love thrift stores. The coworkers and most of the managers are nice and easy to get along with. I am a social person and found that I was craving more interaction with people at work because my particular job was putting away clothes by myself. Also, because of the required 7 hour shifts, my body always ached by halfway through my shift and I would need the next day off to recover.

Pros

Nice coworkers and managers, relaxed work environment

Cons

Zero benefits, long shifts, low pay, unhygienic

not too bad

worked hard for a few months and it wasn’t so bad, was given the opportunity to move to a higher position so that feels great but i left bc it was a little hard on my body

Don't work here!

I worked at Value World for 2 years. During this time, it had its highs and lows. The beginning was best but it soon went down. I did a lot for the company and got nothing back (promotion, say good job, etc.). Management is AWFUL! Work at any other establishment before you apply here. You'd get benefits and a higher rate of pay, period. The people that generally work there also will LEECH off of you. Theres much more I could say but I want to keep it short and sweet. Avoid this place!

Pros

Set schedule

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, terrible management, low life leeches.

Great place to work.

Great job experience, I just need something that paid more. The co worker were nice, It felt like home, the job was very easy. There were things I learned that I never knew.

The work place in fun and productive but the managers are rude and unprofessional

A typical day at work is difficult but you have great coworkers to help you through your day , you don’t learn anything there and they have no benefits. Management is awful they are rude not understanding at all and make sure it’s known they think they are better than everyone else. There really isn’t anything enjoyable working at value world anymore and it’s sad it used to be a great place!

Cons

They have no type of benefits and management is terrible

Meet some nice employees and customers

They expect too much from management with no pay to motivate you. You work long hours and still they are not satisfied if your sales aren't there.

Pros

Buy nice things cheap

Cons

Little pay

not well organized

employees are helpful if they feel you will stick around. high turnover so nobody sticks their neck out until you've been there and show that you are there to work.

Pros

set schedule

Cons

short lunch, trucks are hard

Laid Back Environment

No Uniforms,come as you are. Laid back but fast-paced environment. I worked for both Taylor and Southgate MI locations. There was some drama at the Southgate location. However..I still enjoyed my job overall. This job is best for people that can work quickly, spot stains,ignore gossip/Cliques and work for minimum wage/no benefits.

Pros

Fast-Paced/Day goes by quickly

Cons

Low Wage

Terrible Bug Problem And Not Enough Personal Care For Employees

Had Problems With All Sorts Of Bugs And Management Would Often Have Issues With Each Other Which Led To Miscommunication And Lack Of Correctly Done Work

Pros

Easy Work

Cons

Low Base Pay, Bugs, Poor Management, Unprofessional Work Environment

stay away

worse company underpaid for everything you do.. no flexibility with scheduling.. Drama within. manager don't care. Little advancement.. Bosses will talk down to you. No respect

Cons

Underpaid.. not flexible. Dont care about your family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Value World. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Value World reviews by popular job title

• Value World
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?