ValueCentric, LLC Employee Reviews

only good thing is you can wear jeans every day
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 26, 2018
The pay is not competitive with the Atlanta market. No opportunity at all for growth. They grow through acquisition, then lay off. Not at all concerned about serving the customer.
Laid back work environment with a great development department.
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 6, 2017
- Flexible work hours (ranging from 7am - 4pm to 9am - 6pm or anything inbetween).
- Interesting and challenging work to meet constantly changing customer requirements.
- Main programming language is Coldfusion which is not a huge draw.
- Working with an Oracle database is a great experience to have.
- "Fun Fridays" the first Friday of every month, food and drinks are provided at the end of the day and people hang out for a while.
Pros
Laid back culture, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Healthcare isn't great, PTO package is small to start but grows.
Middle Management Issues
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 26, 2016
I worked for Valuecentric as a developer for 2 years. During that time my salary increased significantly and I received nothing but positive performance reviews. I believe this is because our department head was actually paying attention to who did what, who was useless and who was not. But middle management, i.e. My direct supervisor, did nothing but try to set me up to fail. I had many basic questions when I first started and I was literally screamed at for asking them. At the time I really didn't know how to handle this type of situation so I basically just tried to appease him. I witnessed similar situations wth other coworkers. The culture seems to let the veterans do whatever they want to their underlings.

I eventually had enough and found another position and couldn't be happier. I noticed this place never stops hiring so I just wanted to leave this review for anyone considering making this their next move. Just make sure you get along with middle management during the interview or you never will!
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Bad Middle Management
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Working here is fun. The co-workers are very welcoming and the management is extremely supportive. I have learnt a lot as an intern.