Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Found 1,297 reviews matching the search See all 1,328 reviews
Honestly a Great Career Starter
Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 20, 2018
I have absolutely no complaints about working here as far as the actual work goes. Good safety culture, good communication culture; Valvoline really does care & think about every single one of their employees. I left due to disagreements with one specific manager. But I cannot let that detract from the very serious value that Valvoline offers in terms of career advancement, promotion from within, incentives, benefits, etc.
Pros
30-60min Breaks, Consistent Hours, Safe, Great Communication
Cons
Growing Pains in certain areas
Can be an amazing opportunity
Senior Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 23, 2018
When I first started this job I loved it. Then they switched from franchise to corporate and it just went down hill. We got a new manager that was just terrible. Rude, unknowledgeable, unprofessional. I called the area manager and was brushed off. I called HR and was referred back to my AM, so I left.
Over the company can be great. As I said at one point I loved it. Fun, fairly easy, fast paced, some down time, promotes from within. Just the management is bad now.
Pros
Other technicians, benefits, fair pay rate
Cons
Management, and upper management
Work and Learn
SENIOR TECHNICIAN, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2018
- Great way to stay competent with modern vehicle technologies. Fun working on cars.
- Most customers are skeptical about vehicle maintenance recommendations.
- Depending on management, most will recommend legit services. Every now and then you meet one that focuses more on the ticket average and net sales.
Pros
working on cars, remaining technically proficient, collaborate with coworkers to solve vehicle issues
Cons
messy work environment, constantly handling hazardous materials and chemicals, but no health benefits
It’s an OK company too work for being completely honest
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2018
The problem with Valvoline is how hit or miss the store you end up is going to be. My store at Michigan and Delaney is a very busy store, but the management and other employees are great, knowledgeable, efficient, and well organized. But other stores have bad management or a bad team overall, the pay, in my opinion, is a little to low for how much work they put you through, but the benefits counter act that. 30min - 1hr lunches are nice as well.
Great entry level automotive job
Certified Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Looks great on resumes and opens the door to more advanced automotive career opportunities. Work day can be very slow one period and very busy the next. Managers are typically lenient and easy going when the shop is slow, but you are expected to move with a purpose and be on top of your game when it is busy. Company is very fair with raises and how soon you do or don't receive them is entirely under your control.
Hypocrites
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 25, 2018
My experience working for this company was sub-par. Manager made decisions based on emotion, lied about pay raises, and prior to my leaving, hired a person outside the company for assistant manager. The store I worked at was profitting an average of 1.8 Million after paying wages and parts, yet underpay the workers for what they expect of them.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, burn out, lying, corruption.
Fast pase but can be fun
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Valvoline is a good company to work for. They are willing to work around your schedule and it is easy to move up. How fast you move up, depends on the person themselves. You go through training before starting to work on customers vehicles. The benefits are great and its a fun job if you have a great crew. Valvoline teaches you everything you need to know and more. If you don't know something all you have to do is ask and you'll get an answer without feeling stupid for asking it.
Pros
Great bennefits
Cons
Pay could be better for managemnent.
Fast paced, lacking pay.
Senior Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 5, 2018
Valvoline is a good starting job but the benefits kind of suck, and the pay isn't really there for as much as you are managing at higher positions. At least compared to other management positions else where. Would come back if I had to or wanted part time.
Pros
Friendly people, decent management, fast paced.
Cons
low pay. hours are everywhere.
Ehh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 28, 2018
Quality of work expected is not matched by salary, upper management micromanages and makes employment more stressful than needed, store managers hardly get days off, upper management focuses on pushing you to sell to customers more than being honest with them
Pros
50% off services
Good culture, job advancement
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 24, 2018
On site training and job advancement opportunities. Involved and progressive culture. Feels like a family and very positive oriented. Professional, and competitive.
Pros
Discounts, raises
Cons
Random work hours

Want to know more about Valvoline Instant Oil Change?

Ask a question
management is terrible and no room for advancement
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 5, 2019
this was a great place to work besides the higher up which do not help employees grow and advance within the company. very hard to ask for raises and I wouldn't expect one
Great work atmosphere with appropriate benefits
Certified technician (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MN 55124August 3, 2018
My time spent at Valvoline Instant Oil Change was very beneficial in more ways than one. Not only do they take care of their employees off the clock with full time benefits they provide their employees with knowledge exceeding outside the workplace. They provide employees thorough training courses to help achieve the next level in an employees career in the company.
Vioc
manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 10, 2018
Fast and Friendly environment.
Retail hours
Minimum Benefits
Minimum advancement opportunity
Minimum Training
Minimum leadership
Does not feel like upper management cares about their employees career path
Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 12, 2018
This was a busy steady workplace that had you provide preventative maintenance on vehicles company had benefits with 401k the hardest part of the job was training new employees that were not willing to work the most enjoyable was taking good care of the customers and seeing them return with smiles on their faces.
Pros
Manager Meetings once a year
Cons
Healthcare
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GaOctober 5, 2018
Overall the management was great and easy to get along with. It was never a dull day with the two managers that I worked with. They kept me laughing every other day.
Pros
On Saturdays they provided lunches
Cons
No health benefits
An Okay place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCOctober 18, 2018
An Okay place to work, No Benefits, 6 day work week, Fast paced environment. I left for more money and benefits, I never got the raise I was promised. No Medical Insurance
Decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
Its great for someone who is just starting off in the automotive field, you get very nice training and experience. Owner of the store never comes around if he does only to pick up mail. In my opinion pay grade is too low for the responsibilties and tasks you have to deal with.
Pros
Free oil changes and services
Cons
No real benefits, low pay
Good place to start
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 8, 2018
Must be able to work as a team. Good place to start your career. Great benefits, vacation time, vision and dental. Will work weekends and holidays. A raise is only given if you move up position.
Benefits
Cons
Open most holidays
Full time employment while you look elsewhere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I spent a long time with this company and ended as a store manager. They did not offer benefits to managers so I had to leave for better opportunity. The work was fun, the customers were a mix of fun and ridiculous.
Pros
Fun work, a small paycheck
Cons
a small paycheck
Fast paced / Friendly environment
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 4, 2018
Valvoline is always trying to push their employees to do better. From the beginning you are continuously training to get certified and after every certification you get a pay raise . The people there are great .
Pros
Nice people, good support, awesome culture
Cons
Doesn’t put you in a spot to where you can actually work on cars beyond maintenance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight