Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search See all 1,256 reviews
Stressful. Lack of management
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 14, 2018
Would not recommend to anyone. Poor work/life balance. very little or no overtime ever.they try to keep hours between 34 and 36 per week. wont accomodate for school or second job hours.
Productive and fun place to work with a great team.
Certified Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHNovember 14, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. It is a great company who drives their employees to work quickly and efficiently as a team. I had the privilege to work with wonderful people here who want each other to excel in the field. I would recommend this workplace to others.
Pros
The management truly cared about the employees and was involved in the advancement of our careers.
Cons
It was outdoors so I was exposed to the elements.
You'll regret it.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 13, 2018
I made it all the way to GM before i realized that if you can't sell for them, then they will push you out , its all about the money , they don't care.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Lies upon Lies, If you can't sell for them then you mean nothing to them.
review
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 12, 2018
The company was pretty decent to work for, real flexible with schedules, no super later hours, having to do quite a bit of weekends was a downfall but the enviroment was great
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 10, 2018
a typical work day was 8-10 hours doing about 40 oil changes a day
the employees got along well with each other
it is a fast paced working job
it is a good place to work
Professional workplace that is a good stepping stone to other careers
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2018
Professional workplace that is a good stepping stone to other careers. The pay is marginal but they do train and provide opportunities to advance. Hours are usually very flexible allowing you to work many hours or as little hours as you choose.
Great place to work if you're dedicated to your job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 9, 2018
I work at Valvoline Instant Oil Change for 9 months and I have to say it was great.i lernd so much about cars it was great to greet customers management and staff were very positive .it was hard work I lost 30 ponds working there and summer time u will wish u didn't work there .shout out to Oswaldo.
Pros
Pay hours reputation
Cons
Heat no pade vacation
its nice.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTNovember 8, 2018
awesome ran company. takes care of employees. the managers and training stuff are all excellent at there job. and a great place to work. i would send friends and relatives to apply there.
Working here was the worst thing I possibly could’ve done it was stressful and a waste of time.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 7, 2018
This is was by far the worst job experience that I have ever had I really regret working for this company they do not treat there employees with respect at all if you were not best friends with the managers then you basically got treated like trash and pushed to the side I worked 50 hours plus more a week 12 hours a day and was told I will never get a promotion I would stay a Lube tech for my whole career which I thought was not right I would never work for this company again and wouldn’t recommend anyone working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Management pay and hours
Fast paced, lacking pay.
Senior Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 5, 2018
Valvoline is a good starting job but the benefits kind of suck, and the pay isn't really there for as much as you are managing at higher positions. At least compared to other management positions else where. Would come back if I had to or wanted part time.
Pros
Friendly people, decent management, fast paced.
Cons
low pay. hours are everywhere.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 3, 2018
Miami oil company is a wonderful Valvoline instant oil change franchise. Great at giving back to the community. Management is great. Localy owned and operated.
Hard yet rewarding job
Valvoline Instant Oil Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 31, 2018
If you're not use to hard work, valvoline is not for you. It does however offer in house promotions and is fair with its promotions. Hours are a bit long however
Pros
Good staff
Cons
wasn't a fan of some of the upper management
certified technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 31, 2018
over all it was a good experience working at Valvoline but you don't get paid that much and area coaches were incompetent at best and at times felt like the were holding you back no matter how hard the GM's pushed
Pros
easy work
Cons
area coaches
Poor Managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have worked for. The leadership team had no disregard for the comfort of their employees. Valvoline, needs to be careful of who they promote. Because not everyone is cut out to be part of the leadership team.
Pros
Cons
Leadership
Much better than jiffy lube and I love a challenge
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAOctober 31, 2018
My time working at Valvoline was a positive experience. I got to meet a lot of interesting people along the way, As a manager the hardest part of the job was finding stable employees. The best part of the job was when we would crush last years numbers and set new records.
Pros
It is what I love to do
Cons
Finding employees who take their job seriously.
A good company in some form
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 29, 2018
Valvoline Instant Oil Change is a really good company in general. I just feel that they can be better. They have room for improvement, they just need to find it.
Fun place
Automobile Garage Mechanic/Technician (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHOctober 28, 2018
I loved it at valvoline. The one thing I never knew I would like is working on cars and valvoline provided the experience. I learned a useful trade that I will carry on for a long time.
Pros
Fun work place, very valuable work experience
Cons
No cons
productive and fun work place
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2018
a great entry level mechanic job; a normal day consist of oil changes, tire rotation, radiator flush and ac services. A fast paced lube shop with great full time benefits.
Hypocrites
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 25, 2018
My experience working for this company was sub-par. Manager made decisions based on emotion, lied about pay raises, and prior to my leaving, hired a person outside the company for assistant manager. The store I worked at was profitting an average of 1.8 Million after paying wages and parts, yet underpay the workers for what they expect of them.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, burn out, lying, corruption.
Good culture, job advancement
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 24, 2018
On site training and job advancement opportunities. Involved and progressive culture. Feels like a family and very positive oriented. Professional, and competitive.
Pros
Discounts, raises
Cons
Random work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight