van healthcare Employee Reviews

Family like atmosphere
LVN/ADON (Current Employee) –  Van, TXJune 7, 2018
Great CNAs, Great Admin staff. Awesome residents. All pitch together and make great things happen. I love working here and love all the people that I work with.
Pros
great people, caring people
Cons
not good health insurance
Poor Management
ADON - Assistant Director of Nurses (Former Employee) –  Van, TXApril 5, 2018
Very stressful to work there. Work load expected for the position exceeded the hours scheduled. No support from upper management. Not worth the stress.
It was ok
Office Assistant/Medical Records/Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Van, TXMarch 30, 2018
Van Healthcare is a nursing home that needed a lot of head staff regrouping when I was there. And now that I have left, that is just what the nursing has received. Praise God. The management was all family and friends and had been that way for years on hand. They either went to school together, grew up together, or was in a relationship with on another and that is not how you conduct business.
On the other hand, I am a people person and I have been certified for over 20 plus years and I love my elderly people. They brings my heart so much joy and I just love taking care of them. I was always raised to remember those who paid the price for us to be where we are today. And I always, try to show the elderly no matter who they are, or where we are, how much I appreciate them. So, I'm always lending a helping hand, whether on job, in a store, at church or where have you.
I love the helping out where I can and when I can.
Pros
Seeing the residents smile makes my heart smile
Cons
Loosing a resident breaks my heart
a very good place to work for evreryone felt like family
CNA (Former Employee) –  Van, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I worked as a CNA PRN but i was a cook in the kitchen...i worked doubles on weekend from 6am to 7:30pm.the hardest part of the job was loosing the ones you would get close to..the most enjoying part of the job was waling in to work and knowing that they all love having you their working with family.loved my co-workers.my manager and i worked very well together and became very good friends.i learned all of my cna work their that is where i started working as a cna i learned how to plan there meals. a typical day at work was working hard and having fun doing it
Pros
free lunches wile at work/ took a 15 min break every few hrs
Cons
not enough hours
Working doubles!!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Van, TXSeptember 3, 2014
I learned patients with this place. Sometimes short handed always came in with a smile on my face, 16 hours without a smile and a sense of humor, your not going to have a good day. Nor make the residents smile or happy.
Pros
Smiles, getting 'thank you" from the bosses and plus residents.
Cons
No free lunches, short handed.
Warm caring small town home
Licensed Nursing Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Van, TXNovember 6, 2013
Beautiful place to be, very LOW employee turnover rate. Residents come here and become part of the VHC family. Employees are also part of the family.
Cons
Older building