VAN METRE Employee Reviews

Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2018
The people there are terrible and the pay is $9/hr. Their systems are very sloppy they are unorganized and give you mixed instructions. I would definitely not recommend working for them.
Cons
barely breaks (if any), little pay
Great company - lots of potential
Management (Current Employee) –  DC/VA/MD areaApril 26, 2018
VanMetre is a growing company with the heart of a small business. Excellent life-balance and focus on its employees. As it continues to grow, oportunities are opening up for its current team members.
Pros
Employee-oriented, great life-balance.
Cons
Some growing pains.
Not a good place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 8, 2018
When hired at Van Metre I had very little experience with multi family building and they were very aware of that. They provided NO training, expected to know the culture and Business from the first day on the job. The Management doesn't take time to get to know you, they may have said 20 words to me the whole time I was there. I've been with several New homes builders and Van Metre was the worst by far to work with. The construction Managers (Superintendents) are hard workers in the field and are the backbone of the company. The management will send emails saying good job your doing good and than the next day lay you off, not a good environment have to watch your back all the time.
Pros
Superintendents are good hard working guys
Cons
Very negative place to work.
Work hard hours
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 16, 2017
Work long hours. Had to cover for a lot of people because they always fired people to budget money. Didn't have any help for the people. Complaints was never addressed
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Great place to work for
SharePoint Liaison & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 21, 2016
Great place to work for. Challenging environment and quality of care instilled. Would work there again. Family atmoshpere
Pleasant Company
Facility Operation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 6, 2016
Company is very involved with helping the community and it's employees. I really enjoyed working for them and gave me a lot of the manager experience I have today.