Vancrest Health Care Centers Employee Reviews

Just okay.
STNA (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
I’ve worked here for a few months and I feel that it has gone down hill. For example, since May, six or seven STNA’s have left for other job opportunities, leaving the place extremely short staffed, which puts the current STNA’s in a stressful situation whenever they show up to work. There have been a few nights in which I have not gotten my 30 minute break because I have been so busy and no one else has the time to help because they are also busy. Not only are the STNA’s short staffed, but the nurses are also. If more people were hired, the place *might* improve.

Secondly, some of the new employees are poorly trained or they just don’t care. I currently work third shift and constantly find myself in a mess when I get to work because of the previous shifts lack of knowledge and plain laziness. Some of the new employees are also very young and currently attend high school, which prevents them from showing up to work on time, leaving their partners and other coworkers to attempt to get everything done by themselves.

Third, the compensation is just not worth it. I do love caring for and helping people in any way that I can, but the stuff that I have to deal with is not worth $10/hr. I am on my feet for eight hours, sometimes doing the work of two people, and get dirt for pay. I’m constantly looking for another job that pays better.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Compensation, short staffed, management.
Mediocre
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHAugust 4, 2018
This place was okay to work at in the beginning, but they feel it necessary to have multiple Managers that step on each other’s toes and create a hostile work environment. Aides don’t get recognized for good work only patronized for taking short cuts. I used to get off right on time when I began working here and towards the end we were so short staffed and overworked everyone was quitting and calling off. Aides got yelled at for following procedures and using teamwork qualities by communitcating with each. Management said “we were wasting our time and the nurses time” while asking about patients. Overall if you’re going to work here I recommend the night shift. I worked second and one of the things I looked forward to every night was management leaving so I didn’t feel hovered over. We lost a lot of good aides due to managements poor attitudes. Night shift is more laid back, and management will not be there Good Luck!
Pros
Part time Worked the same days, Some co-workers went above and beyond for the residents
Cons
Management is only there for the money, Many bosses who don’t get along with each other and aides, communication between employees and management is poor, no advancement
Very fun and slow paced
Cook / Dishwasher / Server (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHAugust 3, 2018
Slow paced , fun , very nice and great to communicate . Lovely people to work with . Great community and people are really nice and friendly and everyone is very helpful
Good Start for Nursing Career but Time to Move On
STNA (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 2, 2018
Good place to start as an STNA but after awhile the same routines and habits get old, management gets to be overbearing. Guess its like that everywhere though.
Productive and fun work place
Other (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHApril 2, 2018
I love working for this company and my co-workers are great!!! The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone has a story and hearing the residence is a joy that I'm happy to be a part of. I learn something new everyday. The hardest part of the job that occasionally makes me question working with the geriatric population is death. The leaders are caring and always willing to assist with problems that arise. The therapy room is a little crowded, however the therapy team does a great job of managing it. It is a clean and caring environment to work in. If remodeling in future I would recommend private rehab to home rooms.
Pros
Good pay, leaders are easy to aproach, good food, and appreciative of good work, Donut Friday.
Cons
A little far from my house but worth the drive. I wish they would offer education assistance.
One of the most professional skilled nursing facilities around.
Other (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHApril 2, 2018
Vancrest of Eaton is one of the most professional skilled nursing facilities around. It's clean and smells fresh all the time. They have great food. They have all-facility luncheons, which are free for the staff that participate. The therapy department is a bit small, so it does get crowded rather quickly, however, the therapy team always manages it so well! The activities department is always coming up with new ways to keep residents entertained. The list goes on.. When I was in college, I told myself I could never work in a nursing home. I graduated in 2010 and have been here ever since!
Every day may not be perfect, but what job is? The management is always asking staff how they can help make their weaker areas stronger and they act on it to the best of their ability.
Pushy and bossy employees
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eaton OhioMarch 5, 2018
A lot of the staff is rude and I felt bullied. Like being back in high school all over again. If someone doesn’t like you, your talked about like your worthless.
staff could use sensitivity training.
If your unhappy with your job or the way you are being treated? Better keep it to your self or you will be treated like Vernon. And if you have any personal business that should be kept confidential by management. It won’t be.
Pros
Wonderful residents.
Cons
Very hard work for low pay. And you have to work with bullies.
Awesome place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holgate, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I love working here. We have the most amazing DON, right now and we rarely are short staffed because management comes in to help care for the residents. It is an amazing place to work and I recommend everyone coming and seeing for yourself. The kitchen staff is wonderful as well!
Vancrest holgate
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Holgate, OhioOctober 26, 2017
Excellent team work! Employees provide excellent care for the residents. Clean well maintained building. Awesome therapy team. Great food. Fun activities.
Typical nursing home mess..
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Vancrest of New CarlisleSeptember 8, 2017
Pros: Geriatric residents .New building. Set schedule for work/home balance. No mandated on call for nursing.

Cons: Benefits are the average overpriced with outragious deductible that most nursing homes have. Low pay ; payscale for every employee is different based on personal opinion rather than ones job performance. No shift differentials, no weekend differentials , no pick up pay . Lack of management and follow through of policy. Excessive pettiness and gossip. What needs to be a concern is overlooked vs. petty issues are more pronounced. Supplies not easily accessed.
Pros
Updated facility, residents, schedule
Cons
Pay/benefits, management
challenging
Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Delphos, OHJune 20, 2017
Every day is a challenge simply because you do not know whats going to be thrown at you by the residents. If you do not love people then i dont recommend this field.
Pros
the love of the residents
Cons
hours
Being able to make a difference in an elderly persons life on a daily basis.
Food Services Director (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHMarch 25, 2017
Great place to work,
Management paid attention to details/ complaints and offered solutions to resolve conflicts.
You could make a difference in someone's life on a daily basis.
Pros
Positive Learning, Earning experience.
Better than some. Worse than others
Prefer not to answer (Current Employee) –  Belle ManorMarch 9, 2017
Right now they get away with paying les than most nursing homes because the facility is very laid back. What I mean by that is that the staff to patient ratio is very low. This is because they are moving to a new facility any day, and are no longer taking any new residents. The skills needed for the nurses is very low. There is no shift diff or incentives to come in when they are short staffed. However, once the move is made it will merge with another nursing home and is capable of housing way more residents. The skill will go up with the census, but the pay will not. Management does try very hard to help you and work with you and have an open door policy. However if your main concern is pay this is not the place for you. Most places pay significantly higher than this company. I also want to add that the politics aren't too bad here.
Pros
Free lunches (for now). After the move you will be charged. They tend to work with you on scheduling
Cons
Minimum pay in the industry, no shift diffs. Changes to policy that are not made known to the employees in a professional manner.
Great residents
STNA (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. I love going to work here every day. Nurses help out when needed. Schedule is done for the whole month I love that. Vacation time in earned by hours worked per week.
Pros
Every other weekend off.
Cons
Call offs
Good Staff to Resident Ratio
STNA (Current Employee) –  New Carlisle, OHNovember 4, 2016
Staff to resident ratio's are much better than most long term care facilities. Flexible with scheduling, residents are well taken care of and I enjoy working with them. New facility is being built and it is exciting to get the opportunity to work there. Staff works well together and has fun with the residents.
Caring environment for residents
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Carlisle, OHNovember 4, 2016
Fast paced environment, with management that expects great care for the residents. Tough at times, as it is healthcare and people tend to call off here and there, but as far as staffing ratios, they cant be beat. Worked with my schedule realistically. When I followed the policy, or had any kind of emergency, the management team was quick to help me out.
Pros
Free lunch, great residents
Cons
Typical healthcare stress
Kitchen manager
Observation (Former Employee) –  Van WertOctober 6, 2016
Chef is not sensitivity trained. He only "cooks" pay is lousy. Chef will make fun of you and has no management skills. He is allowed to bully staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not a schedule or pay you can live on.
Company is ok to work for.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJune 21, 2016
Worked here for almost 5 years. Pay is not the greatest but working full time was good. Supervisor was alright but upper mananagement was not always there.
Pros
full time
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancrest Health Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about