Vanderbilt University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Stifling and toxic work environment
Materials Management/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
The management staff ranges from Micromanagers to completely don't care. The work environment is so toxic, people are looking for ways to be offended. Most of the support staff has an attitude of "I am here to be paid, not to work." While there are many "programs" to improve "employee engagement" and "employee relations", there is no emphasis on employee "value".
Pros
The job itself is fun and rewarding
Cons
The work culture is toxic and sucks the life out of you.
Stressful job
Patient Account Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with the public. However, if felt my devotion to my job was never appreciated. Often my position would be reclassified and a new hire would make as much as I was. The yearly raises were laughable and made no difference in my cost of living.
Very interesting atmosphere, job and people.
Receptionist/Admin & Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2018
I learned a lot. Was exposed to many various duties . As front desk person I communicated with many different people inside and outside of Vanderbilt. I had plenty of work to keep me busy, but as is normal, when technology becomes more improved, manual labor becomes less. It was an overall fantastic place!!
My most enjoyable part was dealing with people !
Pros
Good food, good work, good fun and good people.
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2018
Hours are great, pay is good, benefits are ok. I like work for the for the hospital over all but not the location. They care about there patients. you are first point of contact.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
traffic and location of call center
3rd shiftwa
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 1, 2018
it very okay but it was the pay rate for be a housekeeper was very less I don't think that was right at all .the people was very friendly to work with and very helpfully to other
Cons
houekeeper
Low Maintenance
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2018
A great place to retire as journeyman electrician , especially if you want to take life easy. The daily paced was too slow for me. I gave up after a year.
Pros
Good pay. Great benefits.
Cons
Not enough work for me to make the day go quickly.
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2018
Vanderbilt is a great place to work! I have worked here for almost two years. It is a very work-life balanced place to work. They have been very flexible with me as I am still in school. I have seen and learned a lot working here.
Pros
Learning, exposure
Cons
pay could be better
Good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2018
Very awesome organization! Great place to work and advance your career. Vumc creates opportunity for nurses to advance their careers and learn new skills.
Great place to work as an RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2018
12 hr shifts most days workload is acceptable caring management
youthful culture lots of perks encouraged to continue education and training overtime available
Academia
Quality Improvement Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37203August 18, 2018
Typical academia environment. Lots of talk, little action, littler compensation. Continued reduction in benefits and compensation. More focused on business that employees.
Eh
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2018
The pay is not worth the hype of working here. Management is terrible. The best thing to do is work here a year to have the name on your resume, then move on to better things.
Pros
they give you a free turkey during the holidays
Cons
pay, management
A large organization with room for advancement.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2018
The nature of this organization presents multiple opportunities for new and exciting projects. This job will provide you with the ability to work with cross-functional teams. The most enjoyable part of the job is the mission.
zdv
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2018
Vanderbilt is a great company to work for. there are a lot of opportunitys to advance in your career there. it is a teaching hospital and you will learn alot
Administrative Assistants are Underpaid
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, ILAugust 9, 2018
For the amount of responsibility a Sr. Administrative Assistant has, they should be paid more. The salary is an insult for the amount of work they do.
Academic, very PI focused
Professor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2018
I came here to bring a professional drug discovery/development expertise and culture to the center I work in. In the end, my ideas were ignored, and I was marginalized to allow others to take on my role.
Pros
Interesting environment
Cons
Very focused on individual investigators
The office atmosphere is laid back, fun, we meet monthly for team gatherings to discuss work related issues
Health Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2018
I love coming to work because my boss doesn't breathe down the employees necks and micromanage the employees. She is a boss that truly cares about her employees. The drawbacks of working in my dept. is that there is no room for advancement there, and the pay isn't great also. The pay should be at a fair market value in comparison to the surrounding hospitals but it's not unfortunately. The workplace environment is laid back and quiet. The hardest part of the job is meeting productivity quota.
Pros
Recognize Employees by having Employee luncheons
Cons
The pay isnt fair, The pay isn't at fair market value in comparison with surrounding hospitals, Productivity
Great Place.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 6, 2018
I loved this place. The staff was amazing and the environment was wonderful. The job duties wasn't over the top and the pay was pretty fair for the work.
Great place to work with benefits
SR. Financial Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2018
Plenty of work to keep you more than busy and occupied. Mind challenging, I learned to manage time and become better organized. I learned from management how to be professional in every faucet of one's life.
Great Company
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2018
I work with great people. My co-workers and I work together as a team to get the job done. Communication from management is great especially regarding new processes.
University Medical Center
Primary staff nurse Hepatology Clinic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2018
Vanderbilt offers the chance to expand professional horizons, provides a challenging environment where nursing skills are valued, and you become a member of a medical team providing excellent care.
Pros
Challenging fast-paced work environment
Cons
benfits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Reviews by Location