Vanderbilt University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Supportive staff and great equipping of employees to perform job duties
Medical receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vanderbilt Hos[italNovember 16, 2018
It is a great place to work. Everyone supports their coworkers and managment is quick to step in anytime they are needed for all roles. Employees are treated with respect and appreciation. It is more than just a job, there are training opportunities constantly and room for advancement. Usually fast paced but not overwhelming lots of learning situations in a regular day.
Great Company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2018
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is great is a great company to
work for. Wonderful benefits offered- insurance, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Benefits
Cons
Parking Cost
fun and great experience
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2018
very interesting place to work, you would see the most uncommon illnesses and traumatic injuries. Great educational environment and everyone seem to be on the same team
Not bad
Clinical Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 30, 2018
i was in the supply chain department, put up supplies over night when the freight got to the hospital. worked 6-6 wasn't bad relaxed at times but did get stressful
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse Cardiac Step-down unit (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 29, 2018
This hospital really makes you feel welcome here. I felt nurtured from day one and had no issues trying to find answers to questions. Everyone is approachable and professional. Managment is very supportive of goals and ambitions. They actually do everything in their power to help you achieve your goals!
Pros
Sensitive to complaints and appraisal
Cons
not a lot to say here
Professional, patient focused and we earn our money for our work!
St Talent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2018
Love ❤️ the people and professional around every situation!

Top healthcare in the Nation and can depend on the team to care for you.

We laugh a lot!
Pros
Pride in healthcare
Cons
Like to earn more
not what it looks
Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2018
This place is NOT the best to work anymore. It used to be a great place to work but things have changed for the worst. Very much underpaid and overworked.
Pros
co workers are great
Cons
underpaid, you have to pay for parking
Financial Clearance Specialist
Financial Clearance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2018
It's a ok place to work for, there is no growth and room for advancement. I'm looking to grow ans move up. This just isn't the place for me. I thought it was but it isn't.
Cons
the pay, short breaks
not a good place to work
Accounts Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2018
Management is poor on the collection side. It is not a great place to work the pay is very low and they only promote friends. I would not work for them
Pros
nice building
Cons
bad mang
Na
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2018
Vanderbilt medical center and Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center and The Vanderbilt Breast Center are all under on umbrella. I cannot differentiate between them
Amazing co-workers but no support system from the ever changing managment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cancer CenterOctober 13, 2018
The hospital has given me the opportunity to use skills I never thought I would really use as a LPN. Sadly the nurse educator is not current in her own hands on skills so we must track down other nurses who are talented and trained to teach us to do new tasks. When new programs are introduced for patient access or documentation direct management do not take the time to learn the skills related to their departments so that they can help with any issues or when those departments are short handed. Co workers have been quick to jump in and cover shifts that are poorly staffed or when neighboring clinics are running behind.
Pros
good benifits great coworkers
Cons
Employees Pay large amount for parking
Needs Better Training
Food & Retail Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37209October 9, 2018
Loved the Benefits, the environment and the joy of making peoples Day from Saying Hello or How was there Day. It was satisfying to reach peoples lives with sick loved ones.
Productive. On job training. Autonomous
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
The Medical Center is the most awesome place. You are treated like family. Multiple cultures working together side by side for a common goal of safe patient care!!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Tough getting there
on site training
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
Vanderbilt provided onsite training and on campus activities for employees. There could be communication break down at times, but I worked with colleagues who tried to rectify the issue.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressful at times
Fast paced work environment
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2018
A very fast paced work environment, with a very multicultural and diverse organization, daily hands on job duties, must be able to assist medical physicians, as well as other medical staff with patients procedures as need
nothing
PATIENT REIMBURMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  nashvilleOctober 2, 2018
all Perks are going away. Its an ok place to work. Morale is always down. You shouldnt have to use your vacation time for holidays. flex time is going away soon.
Toxic, jealous and envious women
Denials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2018
It’s a great place for people who kiss up, like gossip, jealous and envious of others or in general love the high school catty environment. The job is fairly easy if you know your skill but I was let go simply because I “did not fit in”
Pros
Great to have on resume
Cons
Miserable people with authority
Welcoming work environment
Financial Clearance Specialist, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2018
I've worked in the Patient Financial Services department for almost 2 years now and I can honestly say that I love this job. My managers respect my opinions and allow me to suggest ways to improve the work processes for efficiency. Every company could make improvements but I truly feel that my department upholds the CREDO and it's a great place to work, I just wish there were more opportunities for growth.
Pros
Employee Assistance Program, Healthcare Benefits, PTO policy
Cons
Small rate of growth opportunities
It is great title to have on your resume
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 27, 2018
Vanderbilt is one of the lowest paying facilities in Nashville. The employee tution assistance is a joke you pay to park to come to work. It is always budget focus and the raises are only 2 percent but then parking or insurance goes up so they get it back. The new system is horrible nursing teams are pitted against each other and the morale is extremely low. Management makes decisions without speaking with those who do the work, and then make mandatory policies. If you come to work here get your experience for your resume then move on.
Pros
I like some of my coworkers
Cons
paying for parking, low wages
Interesting environment, poor work life balance
Research Scientist / Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
I was constantly exposed to incredible, cutting-edge research and was grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it. Apparently, this gratitude was considered to be a large part of our total compensation package as the salary, benefits, and time off were lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight