Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Vanderbilt University Medical Center selected this as a representative review
Great place for an undergrad to gain experience in the sciences. Each lab is different though, so as long as you get on well with the PI and lab members it’s great.
The workplace is not good, and the management team is bloated, the administration team is well bloated. No opportunity to be promoted. The work environment is very stressful.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
low pay, stressful, no promotion
I enjoyed working at Vanderbilt University Medical Center! I had great co-workers. They were always there every step of the way from the very start! Great place to work!!
I started working for Vanderbilt in 2019. I begin working in a department that I loved, but after a while I would dread coming to work due to poor management/supervision. My co-workers made the work days enjoyable. I transferred departments and I can say I am overall happy with working at Vanderbilt.
Pros
Working from home, pay, Pto
Cons
Poor management in certain departments.
I started working at Vanderbilt with the eagerness and excitement to impact patient lives and it slowly turned into feeling overwhelmed with disrespect and unfair treatment. I've learned so much from being at Vanderbilt however I do feel like it is time for me to transition to a different company that will value me as a person and an employee.
Benefits and especially pay are the best in Nashville. There are so many different opportunities and types of jobs for techs at Vandy that you can easily find something that suits you. They have a true career ladder for techs. I have had 2 promotions in the 2 years I've been here. Leaving my old job was hard because I had been with the company for 18 years. But, it was the best decision I could have made.
Pros
Pay and career advancement.
Cons
Parking. You have to give yourself extra time in the morning.
Run while you can. You’re underpaid and overworked. You will be doing a job that consist of 5 persons. Credo means nothing. Credo only means something at orientation.
Overall, VUMC is a wonderful place to work. Managers are very receptive and stress a work/life balance. The only pitfall is the pay. They’ve made market adjustments within the last year, however there is still a lot of room for improvement.
I had amazing coworkers at Vanderbilt but the pay and work life balance was very poor. We had mandatory on call shifts on almost every unit that we were always called into and had to pay for parking.
I do enjoy my job but we are expected to give everything we have for not much in return. I love the patients but compensation and management is poor. I do feel secure in my job.
Honestly, the best company I have ever worked for. They care about how you are doing, and really value employees. I could not ask for a better Job. I’m so grateful I got this opportunity!
Pros
Employees are appreciated and treated well, great opportunity for advancement, caring managers, welcoming team, Employee health and wellness is valued and promoted, healthy workplace boundaries and respect for personal time.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Being able to work from home is the best.Flexible schedule .Pay could be higher.Benefits are good.Do not promote people who are not capable of doing the job .
Pros
Flexible schedule, Benefits, Work from Home
Cons
Lack of communication, Pay, Stressful at times
I was fortunate to have a good manager but his hands were tied on all aspects. The two managers above him definitely did not have the employees best interest in mind. The hours expected are overwhelming along with the workload. PTO freezes consistently.
Benefits
Nice place to work. Management is great. They are flexible for my schedule. The pay is good. If you love people then this is the place for you. The staff is very friendly.
This hospital does not pay well but does have great benefits and PTO. Upper mangament and CEOs do not care too much for their employees but I do have great co-workers! I enjoyed the patients I work with but don’t always enjoys working with residents physicians.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
Never get my full lunch breaks and they do no pay time and a half for holidays.
Decent place...somewhat decent pay. Managers are little shifty at times. It’s not bad but not great...it really all depends on who is managing the department that you work for. They definitely play favorites
It’s great environment, pay could be better with the hours. Staff is friendly and welcoming and helps with any and all questions. Great learning environment.
Good environment and benefits. Feel my particular job is less stressful and I am respected at my job. Pay is less than most hospitals and overtime compensation is lacking but overall good place to work!
Vanderbilt is all about team work, gained so much experience as a CP, nurses are very helpful. I worked on the mother baby/ newborn nursery and I love it! Highly recommend!
Don't get paid enough for the amount/type of work done. Often have to work weekends in order to get job done. Positive and supportive management. Great benefits! Not so great work life balance.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Weekend work
It is very political. I think a lot of positions are given to people they know, not necessarily based on skill. I don't know though. I could be wrong. Some positions are not really formal training.
Pros
Breaks, Pto
Cons
Pay, parking pay