Vanderbilt University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Outstanding company
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2018
Overall outstanding experience. I enjoy coming to work, and i feel extremely productive within my team. Leadership invests in us with recurring training. Open door policy is really effective.
i love my job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 17, 2018
I love my job my co-workers and supervisors are the best. I could not ask for a better place to work they really care about their employees, I simply love coming to work daily...
Great place to work as an RN
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
It is a superior work environment, for nurses, in comparison to other facilities in the area. Nurse to patient ratios are ideal. Nurses have significant autonomy, get to participate in shared governance, and have many opportunities for career change or advancement.
Pros
Great nursing culture
Cons
Poor monetary compensation compared to other facilities.
A wonderful place to work.
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2018
My days were great. I learned how to deal with the patient and their family. The management was good. There was no problem with culture. The hardest part for me is when the patients are suffering and i can't help them to make them feel better. The most enjoyable part is when you do your job and get along with everybody.
lovely
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
i can not find a job i say to this day to be better than what ive incountered at vanderbilt wonderful people great place to be cant say anything really wrong
great
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2018
great place to work. great people to work for and it had great benefits. I which I could offer more information but I had no problems in the 11 years I worked there
Pros
great
Cons
Fast paced, high productivity call center
Access Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2018
I worked for two departments within the Vanderbilt call center (Orthopedics and Cardiology). Both were high volume call centers. Each had great teams and were very productive.
Stable and enjoyable company to work for. Many have worked here for years.
Systems Analyst/Programmer I, II, III (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2018
Stable and enjoyable company to work for. Many have worked here for years. The company has recently reduced office space and I have gone from an office to a small desk in an open area with people packed into a large room.
Pros
Stable environment, one is not worried about layoffs
Cons
Perhaps too stable, little advancement opportunity.
it's fine
Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
working for large not-for-profit companies is challenging. Like with any job, you could love it or hate it based on the team you are on/in. The medical center is focused on patients and as a result the research side suffers. Also, faculty run the show so don't be surprised if they "get away" with things staff would be written up for.
Love working at VUMC
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2018
VUMC has taught me so much. I work on a critical care floor. My patients are very sick. I learn some new/useful every single shift. I credit VUMC for advancing my career and I'm very fortunate to work here.
Great place
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2018
Great place to work. General consensus regarding management is that they're easy and open to speak with. They are very understanding - provided communication is open and proactive.
Vanderbilt workplace
Medical Coding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed many opportunities I have had at Vanderbilt, and I would go back and work because they are ethical and moral. Humans resources is great. Vanderbilt has unlimited opportunities however, some department managers fail to know about these great opportunities to stay polished and to prepare yourself for growth and better promotions, that tend to not allow certain employees attend such functions which are available to every employee with management approval, for example black belt opportunities, coding classes.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary is low for experience.
Staff and co-workers are pleasant
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2018
Managers sometimes forget that the driving force behind the hospital are the Nurses and ancillary staff! They seem to make arbitrary decisions without taking the employee's account of a situation in mind.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Poor training in Cardiac Cath Procedure Area
sucks
Cardiac Device Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2018
we have the ability to work remotely but they wont let you. Oh and you have to pay to park. Mine cost 1495 dollars/ year to park a half mile a way, This is really all I need to say
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long trip into work/ bad training/ pay to park
great place to work
Hospital Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 10, 2018
working at Vanderbilt was a wonderful experience. The only thing that made me leave was the pay and management did not seem appreciative. It seemed like they liked the fact of having a person there rather than also appreciating the employees in my department. I was also not getting paid enough In my department. I had to do what was best for me and my family so I had to leave. Other than those things I really enjoyed my years spent with Vanderbilt.
Pros
The patients and making them feel better, The skills that i learned.
Cons
The nonappreciation of my mangers and thoughtfullness and the pay.
so stress
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2018
Working at vandy was exciting at first it was my dream job or so i thought. There's. No room for advancement at vandy.i was told i had to be a sitters for as long as i worked there even though i have experience in scheduling,office management.so i quit and moved forward now the sky is the ceiling.
Awesome work place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
Very busy OR. Vanderbilt is the only level 1 trauma center in the area. It's a great place to learn and get experience. Staff very friendly and helpful. Surgeons are great!
Pros
Great place to learn
Enjoyed working the float pool
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
Was about to relocate to different services everyday and experience other sides of the medical world. Vanderbilt offered a great amount of medical services which was a plus to being able to see and learn so much.
Fun place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (RN)/ MICU (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2018
Vanderbilt is always provide the opportunity for its employees to learn and grow. The opportunity to work as a team including patients doctors and nurses. Everyone is included in the healthcare of the patients is always a pleasure to see your patient heal.
Terrible supervisors, understaffed, overworked.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Diagnostic RadiologyMay 8, 2018
Look elsewhere. Cannot maintain staffing. Is clueless as to how to run the dept..Low morale and stressful work enviroment. No faith in management or future improvements. Incompetent supervisors not held accountable for anything.
Pros
Pay is ok. Benefits are ok.
Cons
Everything alse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight