Vanguard Cleaning Systems

Vanguard Cleaning Systems Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews

cleanpaypeoplejobgreatworktimeday

Stressful but Rewarding

The position is definitely stressful at times - You need to have a thick skin (not taking complaints/cancellations personally) and be able to multitask at any given moment. You are provided a work cell phone, which often leads to answering phone calls during the evenings/weekends - Even though you were not required to, you could feel obligated during an additional service or during the acclimation period for a new account or franchisee. Lots of (local) traveling, but if you enjoy driving, it’s not a bother. Clients can be difficult at times, as well as franchisees. The job requires a balancing act to keep both customer and business owner happy. Monthly/Quarterly bonuses and commissions were excellent; You are definitely compensated financially when the company does well. Also received a generous monthly check for vehicle expenses. Management and colleagues were always informative and supportive. Additional training opportunities were a plus.

Great place for longevity

Best place I’ve ever worked. Management, coworkers, and ownership are all great. The franchise owners are easy to work with. You are in charge of your own schedule, free to be innovative, flexible, great compensation package, supportive environment.

Pros

Compensation, commission structure, great support

Vanguard Cleaning Systems insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

My experience so far.

I just started working for this company about a month ago and so far, I am very happy. The company is very understanding when life gets in the way and they do a great job at checking in with the employees to make sure they're doing well on the job without micromanaging. The pay is pretty decent and from what I'm told, there are opportunities for raises and promotions. One thing that really stands out with this company is the fact that they will give me a day off if I ask (and if possible) because differences in work schedules with my girlfriend, she works nights and I work days so we don't get to see each other very often but if possible, this company will let me take a day off to spend more time with her.

Flexibility

Pretty good company to work for. You work on your own and use an app for clocking in and out. Management is great. If you enjoy this type of work I recommend working here.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

No benefits

Great franchise opportunity

Old master franchise was great. Endless new offers. Under news management now. Loved the be old master franchisee. Achieved my dream at this place. Will recommend it

Pros

Easy to start franchise business

Cons

Make sure you are handling your customer yourself

Positive and fun work environment

The owner is a fair and understanding person, and the staff are easy going and friendly. Working here was a great experience I will always hold dear to my heart

Small Company

Only 5 people in office including Owner and his wife. His wife has very high expectations of passing accounts that aren’t reachable. Very hard to satisfy even when you’re trying your hardest!

Pros

N/a

Cons

Short breaks, Was the supposed to have a set schedule of 40 hours. I always kept changing from week to week

great place to work

amazing place to work with many nice people to work with that are happy to teach you anything you need help on. there are not any really hard things about this job

Job

It’s a job. It pays the bills There nothing more to say about a cleaning job. It’s in the name . You clean, and you go home. Depending on what business you clean will determine your hours.

Do not Clean the cheese factory/lactalis

Under paid for cleaning toilets while being told you don't do it well enough. Management communication is terrible. Management skips things and makes mistakes while asking employees to never miss anything.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Under paid, Hypocritical Managers.

Ive worked for this company almost a year, love the people i work for

Great company to work for, happy bosses, non judgemental.. a workplace where you are free to be yourself.. they value honesty.. I will always have a job here

Great Place to Work

I loved working here! I have been here almost 2 years but I’m taking a break for health reasons but as soon as I can, I’m going back. This is a great place to work and I have no complaints. The salary I put is based off one place to clean a night, 5 times a week so if you clean more, the money will be more!

Lack of manager communication

Don't have professional Team work ethic, poor Communication, Doesn't supply cleaning Equipment, in a timely fashion. Don't basically have enough time to Organize a professional Cleaning team.

Very good cleaning company with room to grow

Great place to work very friendly staff good hours and good pay no hard tasks thrive at your own pace with room to grow with the company work with others or alone

contract work

Franchise buyer it was janitorial work. I had contracts that i bought from them. I didn't like the way that they did business.The job was not hard , i learned alot about people , and learning to run a business

It was an ok job

If u like to clean offices and work away from others this is the perfect job its a quiet environment very soothing to work in a quiet environment....

Productive and flexible work place.

I have worked here for 12 years now and have been very happy with my experience. The people I work with have been very easy to work with and all of my coworkers have been helpful.

BEST investment I've made

Patience pays off!!! I've been a Franchise owner or 4 yrs. I started off slow with small accounts. My accounts has increased, my business is growing fast and my checks are getting bigger. Time management is the key!!

Good working environment

It is a wonderful place to work for. It allows me the flexibility to create my own weekly schedule, working at great pace. The only downside to working at this company is the distance between job sites. because of the distance, some work orders take longer than others. But overall, I'm 100% satisfied working for Vanguard.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Distance between sites

Don't Trust Them. They will smile in your face then get rid of you.

Pittsburgh Office minus the reception lady everyone else will smile in your face and stab you in the back and you won't even see it coming. Operations Manager review in 2017 is exactly true!! Run run run!!! Don't do it!! Unhappy Franchise owners. You have a handful they keep up with and give business to.

Pros

Receptionist

Cons

Everything else

Inexperienced people trying to run a discombobulated businsss

No regard for going above and beyond. No intent to promote and they are not people of their word. The leadership is family and they will hire family over a truly qualified person NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Pros

It was flexible

Cons

Low pay, no incentive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard Cleaning Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Vanguard Cleaning Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?