Vanguard Emergency Management Employee Reviews

Productive and the schedule is very flexible
Home inspector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 13, 2018
The company give the right training to go into the field and do the best job posible. Is day by day work expirence big project and small project. You learn on ther go doing Inpection
Pros
Flexible work inviroment
Cons
Long day
Excelente trato
Inspector Fema (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 9, 2018
Muy buen ambiente en las oficinas para trabajar, el personal de oficina muy profesional en su desempeño.
Muy agradecida de la oportunidad brindada por ellos.
Pros
Muy accesibles con el personal.
Cons
Ninguno
Rewarding experience helping people thru their disaster damages
Disaster Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  orlando floridaSeptember 9, 2018
I have experienced losing everything I owned after a major hurricane (Katrina) and being able to sympathize and help begin the process of rebuilding a future for affected people was a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Meeting and aiding people thru disaster recovery
Cons
Long days, waiting for inspections at times, can be stressful with some situations
14 years experienced inspector+QC. Vanguard since 2014. Great Co.
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Many StatesAugust 20, 2018
This job (as a sub-contractor) is dependent on National Disaster Declarations for Individual assistance. To make sure people are living in a safe, sanitary and secure condition following a major disaster.

The conditions are just that, immediately following a disaster you are sent to that location with equipment and training to meet with disaster survivors and inspect their home for damages caused by disaster.

This job requires you to be self motivated and able to follow directions in a timely manner. It is not a hard job but sometimes you see difficult things in the field.

Great outcomes happen after your visit, you might even save a life out there by the report you send in.

It might not happen the first 1 or 2 houses you visit but at some point you will experience the importance of why you are there. Some people have lost everything, you show up to meet them at their house and they sit waiting in in two lawn chairs --where their house use to be. Well into their 90's, they have lost everything. Every family heirloom, every photo, medication and every piece of furniture. This is the moment you realize you are doing this for the right reasons.

That was about the job, now about Vanguard.

Simply put, the best contractor I have ever worked for (I worked for all in the last 14 years.

This last year, 2017 was the worst disaster year in a very long time and with that comes some slowness in response for reasons we can only begin to imagine.

I know for a fact things were slow going in payments, there was some miscommunication, etc. Things did
  more... get smoother and I was always paid on time.

I also know every supervisor, team leader, QC, and HelpLine people were trying very hard to make sure everyone was helped and got what they needed to get the job done.

Vanguard is a great company to be contracted with and I highly recommend them.

This job might not be for everyone, but if you want to help people then I encourage you to at least try it once! Then you can decide for yourself!
Pros
Fulfilling work that leaves you humbled
Cons
None.
Travel
Home Inspector/ Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2018
Worked for Vanguard for a short amount of time, I traveled to Florida to do inspections for victims of hurricane Urma. I would go to the homes of hurricane victims and inspect there homes for damages. It was an easy job, enjoyed Florida.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits, did not receive all of my money.
Workplace Culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 15, 2018
Vanguard is the kind of company you want to work at and enjoy coming to work. Though contract you make good money and have flexible scheduling I would definitely go back when called its like a family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Contract with no benefits
Every day was different
Individual Housing Program Inspector (Former Employee) –  Westchester, VAAugust 11, 2018
Worked sun up to sun down.
Had to deal with people not answering their phones or returning calls.
Not much down time.
Some days buried in work.
Great communication from supervisor.
Pros
Lots of travel.
Cons
Inconsistent work loads.
Great Place to work.
Disaster Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCAugust 6, 2018
Great Company! Not enough work to stay busy all year. It was a joy to help people in their time of need. Lots of good training. All you have to do is ask for help.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Temporary Deployments
Nice to work there
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 28, 2018
It was nice working there. The reason...not so nice. It was for disaster relief review. Sad stories from the people you talked to.

Training was pretty much not extent. "Fill out the paper work and follow someone"

The computer guy is very hateful, and didn't work and play well with others at all.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Very poor training
Productive, Structured and great workplace
Home Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great contracting company. I gained a lot of knowledge and professional skill. The hours were flexible and I was able to work independently. It was a pleasure working for this contracting company assisting with the needs in an effort to support weather related disaster relief.
Experience away from home
Inspector (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 23, 2018
everday was different, being able to walk into a different work environment everyday was intresting. Having the ability to organiz your own work schedule everyday was very rewarding. i learned how to use time management skills, and balance out work load. hardest part of the job was getting in contact with people to set up appointments.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
time frame
Great opportunity
FIELD HOUSING INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
Great opportunity to help those in need and assist in the time of natural disasters. Wonderful meeting new people from all walks of life. Would love to continue in this field and grow from all the experience that is provided.
Pros
Overall experience .
Cons
Short lived
Oportunidad de proveer ayuda a ciudadanos luego de un desastre
FEMA Independient Contractor (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJune 26, 2018
Maximizar ayuda a ciudadanos, evaluar daños a la propiedad y agilizar la ayuda para recuperación.
Pros
Pago por inspeccion completada
Cons
Trabajo temporero sin beneficios marginales
Disaster Housing Inspection
Disaster Recovery Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJune 25, 2018
Arrive at disaster field office at appointed date and time and receive briefing and equipment as necessary
Schedule inspections with disaster survivor on a first-in, first-out basis
Perform inspection according to specifications
Great experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 23, 2018
It's was a excellent experience working with this company. I always doing something for other people needs and to work with a team that always at your service.
Pros
Be part of a team.
Cons
N/a
You are paid for your amount of inspections.
Disaster Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 20, 2018
Vanguard EM is a great job for those that want to be paid for their productivity. All expenses are paid i.e., hotel, air fare, rental car. Many of the deployment areas have extreme damage and I enjoy providing help to people in need.
Fun and very interesting
FEMA Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 19, 2018
Enjoyed working there, very interesting job since i was my own boss i set my own schedule and hours. Inspected houses and recorded damages utilizing a tablet.
Pros
Paid fuel and paid tolls
Cons
No benefits since it was temporary
this is a self employee job
FEMA Disaster Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
this is a self employed type of job.. you worked at your own pace. you had to make sure you kept track of your expenses to be reimburse properly every week.
When you travel you get to stay in a 5 star hotel enjoy the Gym. etc,
Retired CEO / MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22603June 5, 2018
It's a very good experience working with Vanguard Emergency Management it give you a chance to meet and help different type of peoples, a typical day of work is what you make it to be like me I am a people person I schedule my appointments and enjoy my routes by performing what I was asking of me. learned to deal with different peers different capacity, management always there in case you need help. the hardest part of the job is get it done even on a rainy day and the what I enjoy is executed my project successfully on a daily basis.
Pros
your are a professional you work you own hours
Cons
you take you brake when ever you feel like
Buen empleo
Home inspector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 29, 2018
Buen empleo con muy buena paga, se aprende mucho porque nos capacitan
Pros
Buena paga
Cons
Muy poco tiempo en contrato

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard Emergency Management. Our community is ready to answer.