VANGUARD UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

fun
Assistant Director Campus Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA 92626July 12, 2018
Vanguard is a productive workplace. I had a great boss that made work enjoyable. It was more of a family than a job which made it fun to work there, the flexible schedule was great.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
compensation
Poor communication and followthrough
Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 7, 2018
Poor communication with supervisor. Critical of new or different ideas. Unorganized department. Funding was not secure and the direction from President was not reassuring.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
communication and planning
Vanguard University
Videographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 6, 2018
Great school to work for and exciting environment. People sometimes do not always communicate efficiently, which leads to things not getting done. The faculty and staff care deeply about the student body.
Great Environment
Mentor and monitor of 30+ men in the dorm (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 18, 2018
Working at Vanguard University such a unique culture. There are very few places that are as life giving and caring for you as an employee. There are many different events that foster community and relationships. That is their biggest goal, to create better cultures and to engage in them.
Pros
Awesome people, fun environment, young
Cons
slow ladder
Enjoyable Workplace
Senior Director of Campus Services (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 17, 2018
The individuals working for Vanguard University are caring, passionate, and dedicated to their work. The mission of the organization is lived out everyday.
Pros
Access to facilities
Cons
Limited promotions
Productive, fun atmosphere that really focused on community
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 16, 2018
Coming from a place at Vanguard where it was only part time was interesting. What is difficult about Vanguard is the expectation to mesh your home life with your work life. There is hardly a separation of the two. As much as I love Vanguard University, there will always, like any business, a very high expectation with low pay.
Pros
Amazing community, great bosses
Cons
Low pay for the cost of living in California
A great workplace environment
Assistant Coach Men's Basketball (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2018
Vanguard University is a great school and a great place to work. The school faculty members are great to work with, especially in athletics, administrators and coaching staffs are amazing people!
STUDENT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2018
Best place to work. The people are incredible in the IT department. It was a dynamic environment. I loved coming to work every day. There was always something new to learn and accomplish.
Great staff and faculty
Stadium PA Announcer (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2018
I was a student worker at Vanguard and loved working in the Communication Dept. and Athletic Dept. The staff was accommodating and worked to help maintain a healthy work/life balance along with school.
Very personal job, lots of work but worth it.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 29, 2018
A typical day of work is many 1x1's with residents, meetings with staff faculty, planning events, organizing schedules, and budgeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is cultivating a safe environment for students and building relationships.
Pros
Free housing on campus
Cons
year long job, no breaks
Excellent work experince
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRFebruary 6, 2018
Working For VANGUARD WAS grateful experince specially helping my Beutiful Island Puerto Rico. Conducting isnpections to ensure FEMA standars and compliance follow requiremets.
Pros
nice exnviromental
Cons
noneiam
Kind and welcoming staff, a great student worker job to grow in professional experience
Tour Guide and Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  55 Fair Drive Costa MesaJanuary 21, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Vanguard University, it gave me a variety of professional skills and helped develop time management, and interpersonal skills
Pros
office culture
Cons
low hours
Information Technology
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Working as student worker in the information technology department is a great way to learn more about the software and systems that the university uses.
Excellent small Christian University
Academic Dean and Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 10, 2017
The culture at Vanguard University was supportive and nurturing. I was treated well by management and my colleagues. I learned about the adult student.
Vanguard University was an amazing place to work because of the students and faculty or staff
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 14, 2017
Received three stipends for three separate full-time jobs at the university, which did not offer benefits at the time. Other than the long hours and low pay, I cannot think of a better educational institution to work at. The faculty and staff cared deeply for students and were highly invested in their success of program completion. VU is an A-grade institution of higher learning.
Pros
Faculty, staff, students. Great culture!
Cons
Lack of remuneration and advancement.
Caring, Christian environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 30, 2017
Great interaction with students and faculty. Learned the ebb and flow of work requirements for academia each semester. Lots of opportunity for professional development. Co-workers are warm and friendly.
Pros
Small campus with caring atmosphere
Cahier
Cashier-processed (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA 92626May 12, 2017
My job at Vanguard was my first job, so I didn't really know what to expect. However, I was given a lot of reassurance with what to do and they made sure I was very comfortable with my new tasks. The employees were all very nice people and they made me a lot more confidnet in my work. I think the hardest part of the job was getting used to how everythiing worked, but after my first week, I was able to get a hang of everything pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the people who came in and out of my workplace.
Amazing college
Teacher's aid (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 11, 2017
I only did volunteer work here, but Vanguard offers so many opportunities to get experience in many different fields. The professors there are so supportive and understanding and really help you succeed and get good connections.
Fun and Creative Workplace
Live2Free Club Member (Current Employee) –  Global Center for Women and JusticeNovember 9, 2016
Email Corresponding
Creating and maintaining on campus events
Outreach to schools,churches, conferences, and universities
Maintaining and creating agendas for weekly team meetings and biweekly leadership meetings
Lab Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day consisted of cleaning and sterilizing laboratory equipment and organizing chemicals safely and properly and also disposing of any wastes.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Few hours