Vanguard Employee Reviews

Me agrada pero amo aeropuerto
Lider recreativa (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 15, 2018
Me agrada el trabajo pero necesito mas dinero y me encanta el aeropuerto estaria dispuesta a dejar uno d los 2 para tener mejor disponibilidad ahi
Pros
Seguro social
Cons
No cobro lo suficiente
Most enjoyable part of job
Retirement Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2018
The environment is great! The people you work with are very friendly and it is easy to move up in the company as long as you take the time to put the work in.
unreliable place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAJune 14, 2018
This job is poorly managed. The pay is not good at all for the work they expect. There was nothing enjoyable about it. Even though they had benefits, the insurance was expensive and not that good.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management, pay
Mundane regimented environment
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 11, 2018
This role is heavily monitored on a systematic basis with little opportunity to influence your own decisions and being heavily encouraged to stay within similar types of roles even after the time in job requirements are met.
Its very productive company to leand
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
I love to work on this company this its one I love to be working everyday I leaned about IT I like to be back to work with this company to be the best in my job
Pros
the best
Not a bad place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monon, INJune 4, 2018
Not a bad place to start at but after you have kids and stuff I wouldn't recommend working there at all people are grumps convicts come and go never know if stuffs gonna go down or not bomb threats every other month
n/a
FundAccess Support Liaison (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
n/a. I do not wish to answer this question. Different type of culture, it's about who you know, not what you can do. Schedule is good, dept. I work in is ok too. Pay needs to be adjusted substantially
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
pay
Vanguard
Corporate Fund Communications - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 27, 2018
Vanguard is an amazing company that helps you advance and develop personally and professionally. They challenge you but in a good way. Vanguard is one of those places you just want to be apart of.
Great company
Foreclosure Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
This is a consulting company that works to help consumers. They provide good training and I got as I gave. Definitely helped me learn about home mortgages.
Great place to start a career or die
Long List (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 19, 2018
This is a good place to start your career and attempt to take advantage of the programs they have to get extra licenses etc... Lot of bureaucracy takes place to advance jobs and you know how to have to play the game to get far in the company... I did learn a lot early on in my career but Vanguard would like drones to answer phones and get you to Index.

Want to know more about Vanguard?

Ask a question
Good Company but Growing Pains
Client Relationship Administrater (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 16, 2018
I loved my time at Vanguard. I have made lifelong connections and friends. I enjoyed my positions with in the company. The work life balance was fair.
Pros
Good palce to work
Cons
Corporate goals over look talent and individuals
Financial Coordinator for St. Mary's (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25301May 15, 2018
Vanguard financial services was a good starter office job. A good place to get your foot in the door while upping your resume but it was not the place to stay for a life long career. There wasn't much room for advancement as it was a small company.
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Had to use pto when they closed the office
a sunny day in the field
Inspector, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 15, 2018
work in the field, inspections desasters in homes and learn of different cultures persons, learn about every need of towns, view a lot of destroy houses
Pros
good company coworkers
Cons
no much time to eat
Great place to work for anyone interested in a call center environment
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2018
Pretty high paced call center environment. Excellent company culture and management truly focused with your career success and progression. Monthly meetings with management to keep you on track with your goals.
Its a great company
Financial Presentations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2018
The cons:

Poor salary
Have to have a "cheerleader" attitude, be bubbly all of the time and volunteer to do all of their extra curricular activities in addition to your own job which they are not shy about piling it on but with NO increase in pay. Other wise its okay.
Adequate training, stressful environment
Retirement Plan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2018
Training was adequate, still you learnred on the job.Clients were rude, often saying some very bad things to you; great work environment; more than adequate holiday schedule.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful mgmt
Terrific Work/Life Balance, Inconsistent Culture
Team Leader - Retail Investor Group (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 1, 2018
Vanguard is very suitable for a long and steady career. The company is growing to a size where bureaucracy and proliferating processes are at their worst, and leadership development must take a backseat to scaling the business. You'll find that the founding principles of Vanguard boasted by senior leadership do not resonate in the culture or identity of many groups, depending on who's at the top of a given reporting chain.
Good place to work with great work life balance
INTERNATIONALPROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 30, 2018
Vanguard is a great place to start your career and maybe even stay for the long run. I found that It was becoming more difficult to find new challenges and move across the set paths they have for people. The pay doesn't match a lot of the industry but with yearly (small) raises and bonuses/good benefits your overall package is competitive.
Stressless and collaborative workplace
Creative mobile developer III (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 23, 2018
good for people who want to balance work/life and to grow professionally, Management was too friendly.
It is fun to work with the team over vanguard.
Excellent Company
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2018
Excellent company. Certain advancement positions in career ladder would require relocation. Solid portfolio of mutual funds to offer. Only drawback is nearly all starting roles are telephone/call center positions. ..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.9Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.