Vanity Employee Reviews

Creative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 17, 2018
This job allowed me to be creative. It was more like a hobby while at work. I was able to create outfits. I enjoyed spending quality time with my customers. I am sad that retail is not like this anymore.
Growing small business
Office/ Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 7, 2018
Great opportunity. I was part of nurse/doctor team who were opening a small business. The business consisted of health and beauty for men and women. I was part of the initial workforce hired to get the company started.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Temporay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 26, 2018
Store was closing, but very comfortable work environment
Easy training
Helpful staff
Innovative ideas
Decent pay
Decent benefits
Flexible working hours
fun job
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 4, 2018
great job and work envioronment. company has since gone bankrupt and the lcoation is no longer here in rapid. but during my time there i enjoyed the company.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 2, 2018
Yay fun place to work. I loved it and miss it but it had to close. I needed to start my nursing career so I guess it was for the best. Miss my work friends and my awesome boss the most.
Business closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 25, 2018
the most enjoyable part was working with the public, management was never around and didn't check in to see if you needed anything, Stores ended up closing
Pros
working with the public
Cons
store closed
Vanity
Vanity (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAMarch 21, 2018
This was a great job, wish it didn't have to end. The people i worked with were some of my closest friends and i loved coming to work everyday with the idea that i not only have to work but i can see these ladies. Vanity was a great job to have and with this job i got to work in retail more upclose and it was great
Great but closed
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 20, 2018
Vanity was a great place to work at it was fun and very energetic. Unfortunately they went bankrupt about a year ago so there are no vanitys around the united states anymore
Temporary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 17, 2018
This was an amazing job. This was my first full time job and it was a really nice experience to have to get used to the work force. It's sad that all of these stores are now closed.
Very slow, not many hours, competitive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 13, 2018
There were barely ever any customers, and the only way to not get fired was to have a certain amount of sales a week. If you didn't reach it, you got less hours. Yes, meaning it was also harder to reach the amount of sales needed.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Terrible hours and system
Relaxed workplace with some stressers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 12, 2018
I would arrive at work 5-10 minutes early and get the run down on what all happened that day. I would then set a daily sale goal for myself and clock in. I would walk around and interact with customers asking if they needed help and told them our sales and discount going on at the time. I would then proceed to stock racks, and tables and do the mannequin when new cloths or a new season would enter. At the end of the day i would sweep and mop and also make sure the store is stocked for the nest day. The manager would normally have me double check the count. Then proceed to close down the stair. I learned how to handle money, really good social skills, and how to work with people and a lot of experience in retail and customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying to make every customer happy and find what they are looking for and if I couldn't i would try to find something similar. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working with different people.
Pros
Discounts, learning a lot about customer service
Cons
After new management hours were cut and store went bankrupt
Loved it! Very fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha NebraskaMarch 11, 2018
Vanity was my first real job, iv'e never worked in retail but not very long after i started i fell in love with it. It became my passion, i loved working with clothes and helping people find and pick out clothes. Everyone i worked with became great friends!
Pros
Positive workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Workplace for anyone who loves clothing
Sales Lead/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 1, 2018
My time at Vanity was great! The mangers I had were kind and always understanding. I got very close to them even outside of the job. Although they are closed now, if they ever decided to open up, I would love to return.
Pros
Paid lunches, kind management
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 28, 2018
They never had enough hours for part time employees. They would only schedule once or twice a week and expect you to come running in when they were short staffed based on poor scheduling.
went out of business
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 27, 2018
closed all locations due to bankruptcy
retail business for womens clothing
worked with all kinds of people via employees and customers
could be fun and very stressful
the company itself was cheap
Fast paced
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 24, 2018
Constantly on the floor interacting with customers having constant conversation and building that personal relationship. Rules were the same for everyone even managers. Always had meetings about strengths and weaknesses
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Didn’t schedule enough people on a shift.
Great crew of employees .Fast work place ,and a fun job.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 11, 2018
I wish they wouldnt of closed . Loved their clothes and everything else. Working their was always fun . I am a girl lol so of course i love clothes . It was a amazing experience.
Pros
40% off for us
Cons
Had to work on my wedding day...
Fun environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 6, 2018
Fun job in a business that catered to the ever changing whims of the teenage girl customers. The fashions changed faster then i could change my socks. So that being said the best sales people for me to hire were teenagers! Never a dull moment!
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2018
I would not recommend someone to work at Vanity because it is no longer in business. I worked there part-time while I was in high school. I was a sales associate and was complemented on my interpersonal skills. My manager always talked about promoting me if it was allowed, which was not due to my age. The work environment was healthy but slow. I would recommend working in a mall to anyone that is in high school, but not older than that.
Good job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 22, 2018
It was my favorite job thus far... Although they closed down in the mall that I worked at so I no longer could work there... wouldn’t have quit though