Vankirk Electric Employee Reviews

Low voltage
Low Voltage Field Tech Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 24, 2018
The low voltage dept and people in it are great. The rest of the company needs alot of work. The people upstairs need help as long as they dont get involved in your job you will be just fine.
Horrible
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 14, 2018
No training, long hours, scapegoating and the blame game. Insane dictator running the show who fires people at the dorp of a hat. Not family friendly. Terrible pay, no raises. People in the office drink on the job and curse you out in public. Go somewhere else, this is not a good company. Federal immigration laws are broken all the time. You have been warned.
Pros
Breaking laws, drinking on the job
Cons
Pay, turnover rate
Poorly Managed Company
Job Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 10, 2018
The company does not support their employees of color. There is no room for advancement if you are a person of color with this company. There is a racist tone to the work environment.
Revolving door
PM (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 12, 2018
Typical work day never ends. Always required to answer phone or emails at all hours. Little crew management and no training. When you need help, little support and don't even ask for a raise. Pay is low and benefits are worthless. Backstabbing work environment leaves you feeling like you're back in high school.
fun relaxed place to work
Travel Coordinator & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 9, 2018
The owners are amazing and the managers work with you if you are having any issues at the work place or at home. Very relaxed atmosphere but at the same time extremely busy.
Excellant
Electrical Apprentice9 (Former Employee) –  Jscksonville floridaAugust 7, 2018
Enjoyed my job
I can run any company
The best you can hire
Work hard
Go beyond the call. Of duty
Willing to do the same for this company
My work at van kirk
Very interesting
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
If you're a good employee, you will go far!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMarch 30, 2018
I've worked at Vankirk for years. What started off as a small success-driven company, has continued to grow into a well oiled machine while still holding on to its small town roots.
I have seen many people come and go and one thing remains constant, if you are organized, detailed, able to rise to a challenge, and can clearly prioritize your work, then you will be rewarded with a solid career at Vankirk.
Its easy to spot the employees that will be successful at Vankirk, they take on challenges without hesitation, and drive them through to completion. This company requires critical thinking, and demands excelence.
Overall, You get what you put into the company. I've seen this happen for dozens of employees over many years, myself included.
I highly recommend this company for those that are self-driven, and those with the mindset of "Let's knock this out", towards anything that arises.
If you strive to be your best at work, you'll fit right in. It's this pursuit of excellence that makes Vankirk a rewarding company to be part of.
Pros
Salary, Paid Vacations, Benefits, Outstanding Management
Cons
Health Insurance costs can be high for Family coverage, but do match private insurance quotes.
Great Company with Great Opportunities!
Corporate Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMarch 27, 2018
I have been with VanKirk Electric for 2.5 years. There have been many changes and growth in that time. Every day gets better and better with people developing into more stable and effective employees. Great family atmosphere. The owners are very involved and willing to help out. If you are willing to ask for help you will most definitely get it. Expect to work hard, but get compensated for it!
Pros
Compensation Package, Atmosphere
Cons
Previously High Turnover rate
Worst company I ever worked for
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
Every aspect of the job is micro-managed. I was never able to get the materials I needed or the man power to get the job done. The help was completely inexperienced. The project managers that are supposed to have my back would rather throw me under the bus than tell the builder they are wrong. The management in the office won't give me what I need or get the questions answered, all they do is send more people out to the job site to basically take over. The easiest job sites are made into such a hassle that it makes for an extremely stressful environment. The communication is non-existent. Professionalism is out the door with this company. I don't see how they even turn a profit. I would not recommend them to anyone. The pay is good though. lol
Pass on the offer of employment!!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Work there only if you are aware these points.
1. There will be no training.
2. You will be dropped in with no support or direction.
3. Your supervisor will be a small dictator, who is grossly under qualified, habitually late for work with frequent days of unexplained absences.
4. You will be bombarded with endless useless emails, attended more and more meetings with less and less resolution.
5. You should be acutely aware of the office cliques and never approach them when they are having a bad hair day. Reminded me of high school.
6. The leadership there if you will, or as they refer to themselves, THE UPPER MANAGEMENT are a group of chest beating messy Boy Scouts who are pron to temper tantrums, yelling and finger pointing.
Pros
Small town, easy commute.
Cons
See review.
Dysfunction To The Fullest
Other (Former Employee) –  Winder, GANovember 8, 2017
Be prepare to be job scared and deal with childish, unethical behavior on a daily basis. The foundation is extremely weak with no support or training.
Pros
Mediocre pay for the area
Cons
Unaffordable benefits, untrustworthy, childish unethical behavior daily
its ok
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2017
Its an ok company to work for. the money is good. the management side of it needs more work, but overall its not too bad of a company sometimes things can get a little hectic but thats any job,
Pros
easy going/money
Cons
poor management
Vicious, never-ending nightmare
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 30, 2017
Most unstable work environment I have ever been a part of. Not a question of if you get fired, but when. Highest turnover I have ever experienced. Worse than high school with bully management and cliques. Vicious and high stress. Absolutely no support and no training. Uneducated people poorly attempting to do educated work. Unskilled amigos are the labor force that do 90% of the work incorrectly. Project managers and superintendents are the fall guys for all that is wrong on a project and are set up to fail. Micromanaging in the office by those who have no field experience. Never seen so much red tape. Impossible to be sucessful.
Pros
Semi-decent pay for the area
Cons
Set up for failure, unaffordable "benefits", vicious cliques that the run the office, no ethics, no trust, no stability
Good stuff
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 10, 2017
Great company - Expect to work hard, and be loaded with projects. The harder you work, and the more you take, the more you will be compensated. It is really no different than any other place.
Amazing Company!
I.T. Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJune 30, 2017
Good people and friendly work environment. It is always an interesting day at work (can be fast paced and hectic but also calm and steady). The owners (The VanKirks) are wonderful people. Truly a great place to work.
Pros
Company leadership, environment
Cons
very productive company but over works superviseors. to many hours for the amount of money they pay.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I believe Vankirk Electric would be a good company to work for if they had enough management people on the job site and payed better.
Pros
Cons
they do nothave enough management on the job
Don't work here
Office (Former Employee) –  Winder, GADecember 12, 2016
Was the worst place I have ever worked. They don't care about anyone. The turnover is incredible there is no training. They have uneducated people doing educated work. They don't help the superintendents in the field. The crews they have go to the projects last week were working at Taco Bell and this week they are electricians messing up everything. "They don't even know what a wire nut is" they are not ethical. There are way to many other reasons to even mention.
If I was you I would NEVER work for this company.
Cons
Company reviving management and project goals
Low Voltage (Former Employee) –  CarolinasNovember 20, 2016
Once revisions are complete I hope they will become the company to stand out in the industry.
Wish them the best!

Don't have anything else to say.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Lots of travel involved
They did not seem very supportive,
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Winder, GANovember 15, 2016
I was the superintindent and felt like I didn't have the support I needed from the project manager. They are good people and were going thru some growing pains. It was a good job.
Very stressful and not enough support.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2016
Lay out workers for the day. Attend contractors meeting and meet with city electrical inspectors.
Keep track of all progress and labor hours for personnel. The hardest part of my job was trying to delegate labor when i didn't have enough men to complete deadlines.
Pros
Material i order was on time.
Cons
not enough electricians for job.