Vans Employee Reviews

Found 917 reviews matching the search See all 1,056 reviews
Its a good enviorment
Sale's Associate (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 15, 2018
starting off its a good place to connect with others. The company works well with others. It is also a driven company with a higher purpose. The company is a good place to grow before you branch out.
Fast pace atmosphere
Vans Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 13, 2018
It was alright. It was just a temporary job for me at the time. Management was not so good as she was all over the place but in those type of jobs in retail, you have to pretty much learn on your own as fast as you can.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
There were times when it can be just you running the place and that can be quite overwhelming.
Excellent Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2018
I love working at Vans, the brand is something I hold near and dear to my heart. I also appreciate being able to work on my people skills selling something I use every day and can talk about for hours!
Pros
Amazing discount, wonderful environment
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CANovember 12, 2018
the traffic here at this location is crazy when busy, but the staff makes it a very fun place to work here. I'm glad i work here at this location. nothing really to complain about.
Great company, terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IllinoisNovember 10, 2018
Walking into this company I was super stoked, I never had a job in retail so everything was new to me. I grew up with wanting to skate, the music and the culture but all it takes is one or two bad managers to ruin it all. My store manager did nothing but pick on me and no one else, there were situations where the manager was the only ones targeting me and I would feel so upset that I would cry. The manager also never wanted to give me a chance to move up. I never wanted to feel this way about a company that I looked up to for so long but it’s not that campany it’s this specific store and the store manager.
Pros
Discounts
fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 10, 2018
I had a relaxed and fun work place at the mission viejo store. Management was helpful and there were great customers. There weren't many hours at the end of the holiday season I worked, so I moved on.
Cons
hours
Productive and fun place to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 10, 2018
* To Greet customers, Help Customers as needed, Stock *How To Deal With And provide Great Customer Service *Hardest Part Of The Job Was To Great all Customers In a Timely Matter
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks and No Benefits
vans
Cherry Picker (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 10, 2018
its a great place to work at 53 hours a week. You work every day expect Friday when busy. 9 hours for 5 days and the day of overtime is just 8 hours. its a great place to work
Pros
its good hours
Cons
hours is late
Best Company Ive ever had the pleasure of sharing my time and life with.
Full Time Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 9, 2018
Its just so loyal to the people who work there. this is a company that truly cares DEEPLY about their customers and employees. Everyday was all about smile and greet, knowing our customers using identifiers and open ended questions, always adding on is a must whether or not the customer takes an item its important to share product knowledge with the customer. Ive never had so much fun doing my job, and Ive been with the company for four years, they have also allowed me to travel all over the country. Best Company Ever!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Almost None Unless your work ethic is low.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
I loved working at Vans. It's a very fun environment. The only thing I would change is giving sales associates a chance for commission. I've sold over $1,000 in shoes before with no benefit financially for the hard work.
Productive and Fast Pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 6, 2018
One of my favorite jobs to work at because I get to work with people at the mall and help them find what they are looking for specifically. The managers as well as the coworkers are all hardworking and know when to have fun.
Pros
Discount benefits. Lunch provided sometimes
Cons
Short Breaks
Company can be amazing but can have "high school" drama
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 5, 2018
I have worked at two Vans retail stores, with two different styles, or cultures experienced. The first store was store 270, I worked there for about a year and a half (fall of 2016-summer of 2018). The management team was amazing, they encouraged a competitive and friendly work environment. Managers cared about their coworkers and strived to create an amazing mix of professionalism with a great "family" attitude. This store and team was very special to me and I miss this environment.

The second store I worked at was store 163. The experience that I had/have at this store is disappointing. Management is very gossipy, rushes new employees through training, and are slow to take responsibility for much.

I love this company, there is a lot of passion in the brand!
There is an amazing employee discount
Moving up/ promotion from within is rare
Pay is hard to live off of
Great place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 3, 2018
Vans is a fantastic company to work for and the environment is amazing here. The management team that i worked with with was amazing and really helped me with my own personal goals and skills.
Pros
management, training, advancement, flexibility
I love Vans!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2018
Vans is one of the best places I ever worked, I made so many friends and learned a lot about retail. They're great to their employees, I only left because I moved and it was too far away.
Small Store, Laid Back pace
Stock Room Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 30, 2018
Small Store. Sometimes reaching daily sale goals can be a challenge. Store is small so very easy to navigate and oversee. Not many employees work at same time so good communication is necessary for success.
Pros
50% Discount, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Challenge to reach sale goals.
productive and a fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 26, 2018
workplace is real chill, the management team is real nice they make you feel important and that you matter. overall it’s a pretty cool partime job to work at.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work at, great people I worked with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAOctober 24, 2018
Vans was a place I wish I never left, I only left because of school and I already had to jobs, and vans didn’t really me more than 4 hours a day, but the experience was great, the people there were super friendly, always had a great time working.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Cons
Hours
I loved their products and the life style they promote
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2018
The whole team was great and if it was wasnt for money issues, i would work there forever, managment worked with you and the schedule was as flexable as can be
Pros
Great people, great enviroment
Cons
Non
Amazing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAOctober 23, 2018
working at vans is such an amazing place to work. its fun to talk to the different customers. the discount is amazing and they also make sure the staff is ready for the different seasons coming up. Management is very understanding the the employees different needs.
Fun enviorment and amazing co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 22, 2018
Vans ultimately wanted all their employees to advance in the company if they wanted too. So it was an overall fun experience and learned a lot along the way.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.