Vans Employee Reviews

Found 951 reviews matching the search See all 1,095 reviews
Good job
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
If you're passionate about Vans shoes or even are not. You will be! Its great place to work at and the discounts are amazing there. Honestly You will have more Vans than you thought you would end up with
yes i will work tere
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
i work there foll price in i will love to work for vans again ins yes i will love to be there for self my mom will love to work their with u in i have a sister thatove working full prise at your job in i love working for shoes
Pros
bhailbc
Cons
hdb
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Was brought on as a seasonal employee but had the opportunity to stay after the holiday season. Great place to work, great culture. Hard work but fulfilling.
Extremely fun place to work
Assistant Manager Vans Outlet (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 12, 2019
Was a very friendly fun place to work and get great retail experience but after the first manager left and we got a new district manager everything changed and got more strict I’m ok with change until it gets harsh and stressful mentally
Benefits
Cons
Pay/hours
Good Envirnoment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2019
Overall a good place to work for someone that needs a job to help develop skills. It can be an enjoyable place to work at and fun aswell. Sometimes things are done on time but they will get done.
great job, great discount, great atmosphere
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Honestly, everyone who works for this store at this specific location has problems with the manager. They all want to point fingers, place blame, act unethical and unprofessional, but don't take into consideration anything for themselves. They are quick to call someone out on what they are doing wrong but don't want to see that they could possibly be the one adding into the drama and making things chaotic inside the store.

I personally love the job, love the atmosphere, and love being a part of the team and company. The job is what you make of it and working hard instead of hardly working has it's perks. The pay is decent and the work is rewarding none the less. Overall no complaints at all and I enjoy what I do
Pros
discount, pay, the people
Cons
employee drama, lack of admitting their wrongs, too much turned a blind eye on
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAJanuary 10, 2019
It felt like a family while working there. Everyone was very open to helping you when you were in need. I loved being able to talk to customers and be able to bond.
Fast paced Job with a great culture
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Working at vans was a great first job experience that gave great life lessons. The workers and environment was great, the only down fall was me not knowing the newest merchandise and the stuff was sold out.
Pros
50 percent off on store merchandise
Cons
Always packed and never had a chance to actually learn about incoming stuff or what was sold out
Interactive and fast paced with great company pride
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Vans focuses on team building and customer experiences. We want all our customers to feel like they are part of the Vans Family. I enjoy being a part of a company that is not just one thing. Vans focuses on their four pillars: music, fashion, action sports and photography.
Highly recommend
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Best retail job I have ever work at! The company is great and cares for their workers. You have great discounts as well as a very chill work environment. Being in management was great! Yes it can be stressful at times, but honestly what job isn't?! But working for VANS was a great experience. I learned a lot about the Skate Culture as well as VANS as a whole. If I could work there again (I live too far away from a VANS store) I would!
Pros
Fun work place but dwindling
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2019
When I started, Vans had many opportunities with a free range of self expression. As of late, the " diversity and self expression" that they base many of their core values, is being taken away.Policies are changing by DM's and not with a company as a whole. It's not feeling like the " Van Dorren Way" anymore. This is mainly due to DM changing a lot of aspects of dress code. Vans strives on self expression and individuality; which is the biggest reason for wanting to work there. Sadly, it is changing and becoming very corprate, and to the book company.
Pros
hour breaks, great discount
Cons
limited hours, not much room for growth, contradicts core values
It was fun most of the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 8, 2019
At the time the manager hired alot of people he new from a previous jobs, so therefore he had employees he favorite, who he gave certain positions too, and the hours.
Pros
Discount
Fun place to work, pushes sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Vans was a fun place to work. Management was very good at encouraging us to make sales. Very driven but relaxed, we could do things our own way as long as we stay in the guidelines.
Pros
sales driven
Cons
busy
Fantastic Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 7, 2019
- Day Spent on the floor or in stockroom pushing sales to customers
- Learned quick thinking, sales driving skills, and cooperation
- Management is fantastic at most stores
- High energy work environment.
- Hardest Part of Job is angry customers
- Most Enjoyable Part of the job is working with fantastic individuals and making good friends with customers.
fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CADecember 28, 2018
great management team
ready to teach and help develop you
flexible hours
peak season is more stressful for new hires
great team
fun working environment
Fun work place with a lot of work to do within your shift
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 27, 2018
A typical work place would be greeting customers as they walked in following with asking them what brought them into the store and helping them secure their decision on what they came into buying. I learned to have patience when the store would get overly crowded with customers. Also follow the different work stations that were needed to have a successful end of my shift. Management was a bit tough for employees because we would receive new supervisors and had to get comfortable with how they wanted to start the day. Some days would be overwhelming depending on how much traffic we would get but most days it would be ok. I would say the hardest part was not being able to get what the customers wanted because they would be disappointed and you would always want them to have a good experience when coming into the store, also with not getting enough hours because of overly pay. I think just the environment and overall experience of how well they were determined to get their goal for the day was always a good feeling.
Pros
helpful, clean environment, good staff
Cons
short breaks, working less than 40 hours a week
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2018
Typical day was robotic. No motivation as well as minimal incentives for employees.

What I learned was to always have a plan/motive for the day and fight until that to do list is completed at all cost.

Management was very disorganized, it was every man for himself and favoritism wasn't sugar coated at all.

The workplace culture was great, zero complaints in that department.

The hardest part of the job was motivating the staff to exceed above and beyond and it not be shown in their paycheck. No commission equaled no motivation at times.

The best part of the job was the discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Scheduling
fun and great place to learn how to communicate with people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CADecember 20, 2018
every day at vans you met interesting people from all over the world. i enjoy working at vans because of how comfortable it has made me with talking to people
Love it
Vans Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 14, 2018
Best job I've ever had. Easy going environment, the staff is super friendly and most of the time the customers are nice as well. Definitely recommend working here to a friend
Quick Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 13, 2018
Vans is fun to work for. I am only a seasonal employee but I have no complaints. I have a lot of experience in clothing retail so the job is very easy and laid back for me. I really support the mission of Vans as a company and am happy to help and be a part of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.