Vans Employee Reviews

Found 877 reviews matching the search See all 1,012 reviews
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 17, 2018
Fun place to work and gain some knowledge of retail. I was able to really learn what it takes to work with a company that knows how to succeed. Really enjoyed helping people get shoes or apparel.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
very minimal work
Fun and productive team and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 11, 2018
It is a fun job with people who make you feel like you are part of a family. You will never have a boring day at work something interesting will always happen.
Was a fun place to work, high turnover.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 8, 2018
Retail job, high turnover. Used to be a lot of fun but the constantly shifting management left it not functioning very well at all. Honestly all the good skate stores have died
Productive workplace and very
FLOOR SUPERVISOR P/T (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Very productive work environment with great chances to move up and develop skills that will help you strive in the company or help you have experience for any other company.
Not a bad work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Management was somewhat stagnant and loose. Employees didn't necessarily have a want or need to move forward. Overall a great environment with a great customer base
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2018
I live the culture, the store has a great vibe. The employees are usually always as awesome as the stores atmosphere. It can be very trying at times since you can get walked all over by customers and considering not all stores will pay you more than the minimum rate it can be hard 🤝 sale associates.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great discounts, awesome employees and customers
Cons
Minimum pay, micro manage how you obtain sales. Not all customers want multiple pairs of does at once.
It was a great place to really go to take your mind off vans brand is like a family
Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 5, 2018
I’m just bless to have a experience like i did honestly so I’m just glad that i had the chance because i actually found myself while working. That store actually help me mature in some places and I’m just thankful
Slow paced but i like selling the product because i skate
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 5, 2018
I feel as if i had a different management team i would still be still working there. But then again the pay wasn't enough and i had hoped it'd get better but i jist didnt see it happening anytime soon.
Pros
Discounted shoes and clothing
Cons
Shortbreaks long shifts.
N\a
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 5, 2018
I was a floor manager for retail sales. I was in charge of opening the store and sales management and customer service representative. I have used these skills to improve my everyday person to person interactions.
Overall Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2018
I love Vans and what the company stands for. Not bashing the company. However, the store that I was ever so "fortunate" to work at was a nightmare. I don't believe that every Vans store was like the one I worked at which was at Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA. Management was awful to me and never gave me credit for my hard work. I was constantly bullied for my difference in interests with the "main group" who opened the store. I felt like I was in a cliche high school movie, being stepped all over by the "clique" who ran the place. I rarely ever got breaks but had to run and grab everyone's food order from the food court. Certain people were the favorites and got special treatment. There was a lot of gossip and drama and false accusation thrown around. It was just too much. I thought it was going to be laid back and friendly. Instead I always did double the work and got paid $8 an hour. Would not recommend anyone work at this store.
Associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 4, 2018
management would pick favorites and give most hours to them regardless of performance. Would hire from outside even if they had people they could easily train with in
Cons
bad managment
Best job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 4, 2018
It’s been the best job I’ve ever had!! We are all one huge family. Even corporate is amazing. It’s the best company I have ever worked for. If you’re thinking of working here, DO IT!
Pros
We’re all a family
rude, unfair
Sales Asssociate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 29, 2018
they are unfair and only favorite managers.they show lack of interest to their part time employees and they dont give part time any hours. they try to set you up for failure
A day at vans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 29, 2018
A day at vans can go from being busy all day, to being bored all day. If you're a person that sales a lot and meet your goal every single shift, then you'll get more hours. If not, you'll work 2-3 days out of the week. Overall, working at vans is nice due to the environment that you're around and also the discount that they give you, but sometimes the managers or other employees may not give you the recognition that you deserve or respect your hard work that you have put into the store.
You can have your own style on instore
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 28, 2018
Vans Store is an amaizing Company and great culture. The work flow is good to the person who hasn’t a job experience. The hardest part about the job is the hours.
inconsistant standards
Vans Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2018
Vans is great. Upper management seems to be a bit inconsistant. They need to pay their Managers better... I looked up the city wide pay average for 3 surrounding cities and I make less than all of them. Please take care of the people that are the face of your company...
Pros
discount
Cons
DistrictbManagers are rude
Great environment to be in.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 27, 2018
Overall had a pretty good experience working at vans . friendly people and loyal customers . pretty much always stayed busy and always had something to do .
Pros
Little birthdays for everyone that month
Cons
Not many breaks
Fun place to work
Valencia, Ca - Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with Vans. The employees are cool people and I love the culture. Working at Vans taught me a lot of beneficial skills to help me in the future.
Fun workplace great personalities
Cashier/ seasonal (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2018
I was very excited to have my interview at Vans, Ive always been to be the person to doubt my self saying "I wont get this job" and not even try but this job fit me well and i put myself out there. I bugged bugged bugged I couldnt say it enough put yourself out there and youll get noticed. Soon enough I spoke to the manger was ready with a resume in my hand and the next day I got a call saying I got an interview. interview aised it. soon to start working i loved the environment and culture.
Pros
first day of work you get to pick a 65 dollar or under pair of shoes
Cons
pay rate sucks you start at 8.25 an hour
Great part time job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 23, 2018
Friendly staff. great mangement. fun environment. always had something to do. talking to customers was always beneficial. a little competitive but in all very fun job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.