Vans
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Vans:

Vans Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Chill Part time
Love management! Great discounts, the pay isn’t the best but cool for holidays nd a family atmosphere ! I would recommend for those who are first time job seekers
Hardest part
Just a lot of stuff that was wrong. Managers not doing thier job and having personal issues with the employees. Unfair scheduling.. I'm not sure what else to write I do like the store and what they sell.
Fun workplace
Every manager I’ve had has taken vans very seriously but also made it feel like a second home. I never dreaded going to work, I was actually excited to work with such amazing and supporting people who made the whole experience fun.
The second worst job I’ve ever had.
I wouldn’t recommend working at Vans to anyone. This was a terrible experience. At the end of my employment they just stopped putting me on the schedule they didn’t tell me why or anything so it was right to assume I was fired but again i was given no reason not even a call or email after this. They would switch up my days to work on days that i wasn’t there so i missed a few days of work and i didn’t know until the next day i came in. There was no way i could’ve known they had changed it either because they didn’t send out alerts or anything to the staff.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
The managers
It’s ok
Working there was cool at first. But there’s constantly schedule changes which are really inconvenient, they don’t pay very well, and hours can get REALLY low. (Depending on payroll) It’s $12 hr for most floor sups but If u catch metro it will take up most of your paycheck considering Floor Supervisors are just part time. If you work too many hours they drastically cut your shifts. It’s cool for a first job or if u need a little money in your pocket, but if you’re an adult with bills this is not the job for you.
Pros
50% discount at vans and sister companies
Cons
Short or no breaks, constant schedule changes, low pay and low hours
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Productive and fun workplace
Always feel like employees are competing/but working together to have the best selling experience.
Manager ALWAYS willing to work with outside conflicts/ helps understand your place at the job.

Friendly work environment.

Discount.
Rewarding company
Great company, awesome culture and working for vans tends to put you around awesome people. Just like any retail job though, it can be stressful and the people who get rewarded for they're hard work can tend to get 1 sided as you go down the inner store chain of command.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working in a vans retail store is not nearly as "chill" as vans might seem
Fun place to work with great fashion to express yourself
I've had nothing but positive experiences since I've started with the company vans. From learning about the brand to engaging with customers genuinely, I've taking on such great customer skills and matured so much from when i started at the company.
Pros
Great fashion, amazing hours, great people hired, amazing opportunities
Cons
Not the best benefits unless you are at corporate level
Tight-knit store team
This was my first real customer service/retail experience, and I learned and grew a lot, both professionally and personally. Teamwork, leadership, self-motivation, focus, and time management were all key skills to have.
Good part time job, especially if you're a Vans wearer
It was a basic retail job. I learned a lot about customer service and interfacing with people with different needs and wants. The atmosphere at work was laid back, as were my coworkers. It's a great place to work if you identify with the kind of California/skate/surf culture that surrounds Vans. The hardest part was just meeting your sales goals, but they don't punish you if you miss them every now and then. The most enjoyable part was just hanging out at the store with my coworkers. The employee discount was great, too.
Pros
Cool people (customers and coworkers), great employee discount
Cons
High sales goals, canned phrases that were mandatory
Fun place to work
Must be a people person, and have some knowledge about the history of vans.
Pros
Local Events