Vans Employee Reviews

Found 1,004 reviews matching the search See all 1,166 reviews
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 20, 2019
love it, everyone was friendly and enjoyed working there. It was always a show working there and I personally tried to make work fun while being there
Exciting
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 19, 2019
Very fun job only because we do get a lot of discounts and free stuff during holiday/ back to school. However management is very stupid and we get very little hours every week. Sometimes only working 8-12 hours per week.
Pros
Free stuff and 50% discount
Cons
Poor hours
Skate Park Environment
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
Skate Park, Pro shop, and Retail Store all in one location providing a diverse set of job responsibilities to experience. Plenty of opportunity to change and rotate responsibilities and learn new things. Fostered lots of growth in staff knowledge and skills. Location has since closed and only a few remain in the United States.
Pros
Environment, Culture
Cons
Job Security
Good
Label Maker (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 18, 2019
This was a good work place to work it was not hard ,good hours and days ,day off we're perfect,fast pace, enjoyed working for this company , employee were wonder full persona
fun place to work
sales associate, help customers on the floor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 16, 2019
working at Vans was a nice experience. The team is always helpful and fun which made coming to work easy and stress free. They always had store competitions which provided with incentives for the winners.
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2019
had too many personal things going on, not exactly leaving personal and workplace set apart, making things for me and others uncomfortable so could get fixed
Youthful and fun working environment with likeminded coworkers
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2019
My time at Vans has been a great experience. One of the best customer service jobs I have had. The biggest down fall is only being part time unless you’re a manager. Other than that I would highly recommend to others. Unless you are planning on being a manager, this will probably only be a temporary job. Even if you’re only with them a short time, it will be worth it.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid time off, morning to late shifts, part time, full time
Cons
Limited hours
Vans lifestyle
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 13, 2019
At vans I was given the freedom to manage in a way I thought was best, and because of this I was monumentally successful. It’s hard to find a place with the right balance of freedom and support and they nailed it.
Productive work place
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 11, 2019
At vans I am the inventory associate and im always on top of my work to prevent any delays within the system. I use Windows computer and have a inventory desk to work and also help out in other departments.
Pros
Realxed work paced
Cons
I do not have any cons to say
Fun work place but not a place to be if you want hours
Sales Associate and Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
The hours and pay are really bad here. You get one day a week sometimes not even that. Their is no holiday pay or overtime available. The shifts are only 4-5 hours long. The only way you can get hours is if you are a manager or one of the Favorites. They don’t really care about the employees only about the stores goal. Your check could end up being $60
Great atmosphere- bad mgmt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 8, 2019
Working at Vans was my favorite retail job I've ever had. However, the new manager that started there at the same time that I did was a heck of a micro-manager. Manager made working there unbearable for everybody. Manager ran off everyone that came in to work. If manager was gone, I'd probably go back and work there again.
Pros
Discount was amazing!
Cons
That manager specifically
Awesome fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 7, 2019
I absolutely loved working with Vans, they are good to their employees, and offer many outlets for continued growth and op0portunitys to move up developing ones skills.
Chill environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 6, 2019
Fun place to work and great work culture. Wouldn't want to stay there forever but it was a great first job experience. Good discount for friends and family
5 Years In
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILMarch 6, 2019
We're like extended family, for the most part. Communication is phenomenal. You know exactly what's going on in the company whether you work once a week, everyday, on the lower end of the company or the highest. My manager as of the past few years has been great - one of the best I've ever had. They make coming to work fun. I don't feel as though I can really say there's a "hard" part to this job. With the correct management styles and staff, work doesn't ever feel like, well, WORK. I've had nothing but good things to say about Vans since I started here and worked my way around the store. It's fantastic, and I hope to continue being a part of the Vans Family for quite a while.
Loved it!
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  SugMarch 6, 2019
I only left for personal reasons, although while working there I enjoyed it very much. Its very fast paced and exciting, you get to meet a lot of new people and all of the other employees are very friendly, although it can be a little cliquey.
Great job for someone just entering the workforce.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 6, 2019
For my first job, it was an average place to work. The culture is very relaxed, similar to who Vans wants to sell to. Leadership was not up to par, in my opinion.
amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2019
it is one of my favorite jobs. i enjoy the environment of the whole place. I would love to continue to work here with the hope of advancing in the future,
Great company and a good entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 4, 2019
I worked there back in 2015 and it was eh. The manager at the time wasn't the greatest to work with, but the job itself was easy and fun. I learned a lot about customer service and the brand itself. It's a good job for people who are in school. The company is wonderful and it's definitely somewhere I would consider working for again.
Great place to work for
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 4, 2019
It could get busy every know and then but for the most part it was always very laid back and as long as you were able to get the job done the team was happy and so were the customers.
everything is fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2019
The job s fun and the customers are all super nice and the management is cool and the discount is awesome, the only thing is you have very little chance for vacation days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.