VANTAGE WEST CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

HRIS Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2019
The management is supportive and I observed a work life balance. Every employee is valued. I would say they have a people first policy. They take care of their employees
Worse company EVER
Member Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2019
Don’t even try to work there they don’t care about their employees it’s all about the numbers they should just be a bank They don’t follow guidelines of a credit union. Worst management ever they micromanage and they suck
Cons
Excellent place to work, plus benefits and good pay.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 18, 2019
This is by far the best company as a whole that I've ever worked for. The pay is great, even for entry level positions, and the benefits are extensive. The company truly cares about its employees, and will do just about anything to help its people succeed. The only real downside is that the initial training teaches the basics, and from that point on, we are expected to look up anything we don't know in the company's information HUB--which was probably more often than it should be, as there are so many different aspects to the jobs here as well as a constantly changing set of rules and regulations to follow. All in all though, if you take your time, and check/re-check everything you do, you are going to succeed.
Pros
Benefits, pay, breaks, a company that cares
Cons
Lots of regulations to keep track of
I loved VW but...
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2018
Working in the branch was great; sure the members can be difficult but they can also be great. My branch manager was a great man and a great manager and I was proud to work with him. Deposit Operations was a different story. If I'd known what was waiting for me there, I wouldn't have applied for the position. I'd have stayed at the branch. Don't go to Deposit Operations if you don't have a STEM degree or background. Management will treat you like you're a second class citizen.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
Untrustworthy upper management
soul sucking and frustrating
BI Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
There is little opportunity for advancement. Management pretends to want to be on the cutting edge, yet refuses to take the plunge required: e.g., unwilling to buy servers to support Data Visualization, even though they spend lots of money on training us in that area; unwilling to implement a geocoding plan, even though a huge amount of resources were spent on planning. The SQL database is fed by an antiquated flat file hierarchical database, which should be sunsetted and replaced by an up to date financial tracking system.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
entrenched management and outdated systems
Great place to work!
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2018
Very nice environment, culture is exceptional, outstanding benefit package and the people are very friendly. The premier credit union in Arizona!!!!!!
I learned from this company the fiannacial world.
Senior Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2018
I would go back it is a very good company.they give out yearly bonuses. The CEO is excellent. The managers have open doors to help employees. A lot of help feo other departments.
Pros
Every year we will get bonuses
Cons
With 2 breaks and 1 lunch
Good place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2018
I haven't worked here long, but all banks have great advancement opportunities. They spend a lot of time training tellers to bring them to a comfortable level before sending them onto the line.
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 20, 2018
Good Company to work for. Strategic vision for the growth of the company is in alignment for desired growth for a company this size. Supportive executive management is crucial to the independent growth of the employees, however, executive management is not held accountable for their behaviors. Turnaround is more frequent which ultimately hinders service to all members and employees.
This job stressed me out
Member Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
They say they want people to move up and get promoted, they really dont. Expected to have systems up and running prior to clock in. Some schedules require going to lunch one hour after arriving and NO other paid breaks.
Fast-paced dynamic environment
Design Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 4, 2018
A typical day at Vantage West was never typical. The environment is very fast paced and you need to be able to react to constant change. I learned never to take anything for granted. The management at VWCU is mostly fair, and try to play by the book. The workplace culture is one in which it is felt if the individual thrives, the whole company thrives. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fallout from lack of communication between stakeholders on any given initiative. The most enjoyable part of the job was having built a unique position where I felt I was needed and helping people out.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment
Classic Credit Union
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2018
Outstanding benefits (great PTO!) and very supportive of a strong work-life balance. This is a great place if you are looking for a low-stress workplace. However, if you are "doer" or an innovator this may not be the place for you. 30 years behind the times technology wise. Culture is a talking point; not an everyday practice. Preach and demand innovation but will not follow-through or listen to new ideas; very fearful of new technology. Top performers are not rewarded and frequently shutdown; long tenured employees are shielded from accountability. Zero transparency in HR. IT division lacks industry specific knowledge/skill. Retail is focused (poorly) on sales over service. Back-office support/partnership with the front line staff is often non-existent from those in senior management.
great place to work BUT
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 7, 2018
training is out of Tucson, and so are most of the advancement opportunities. I feel that if you are not in the Tucson area then you may have difficulty getting the training and advancement your seeking. Overall I like the company.

The marketing used is not very diverse unfortunately but hopefully that is something they will change!
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
opportunity for advancement, locations, positions
Competitive wages
PR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2018
Competitive wages and benefits are good. Company culture is unique. Employee recognition through yearly bonus program and other incentives. Encourages professional development. Great tuition reimbursement program.
Extremely high favoritism
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2018
A company that has a workplace culture they do not follow. A "credit union" that does not truly want to give excellent member service. A company that is allowed to leave an employee defenseless, taking all rights away for no reason. Upper management is horrendous the CEO let people from chase and other Financial institutions come in and take over. People that are well deserving should be promoted and are not!!! I have seen people get fired over money ( under 200) that wasn't ever missing and then other that were missing over 1k and got to keep their job it pathetic.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Upper management
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Vantage West, I only left when an opportunity presented itself that I felt would better utilize my talent and skills as a supervisor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
direct supervisor
Vantage West was a good employer
DIRECTOR OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Vantage West is a fast paced company looking to serve its members financial needs. I learned to work independently to help over 16 Branches in opening both deposit and loan products. I have extensive knowledge on both state and federal banking regulations.
Pros
Fast Paced working environment
Cons
Company Reorganization
The worst organization to work for in Tucson
Imaging Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2017
Micromanagement at its finest, the most incompetent management you will find in any industry. The "Culture of Accountability" is a complete joke, do not work for this company if you would like to advance in your career.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
If you work collections pray your manager isnt crazy
Lost Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2017
Typical day go in do your job try to avoid drama

I learned that when you have 3 managers in less than 2 years and one of them was not stable to be a manager you will fail.

other managers with this organization were amazing. For front line collections not so much.

Culture was great until the micromanaging started. However i do believe those managers are no longer with the company so that may have changed.

Hardest part of the job at times was walking through the door.

Most enjoyable was some of the people you get to work with
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
IT was ok
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 12, 2017
Not for me :( I enjoyed it in the beginning but the culture or maybe the people I worked with made it so that i eventually hated going to work.
I ended up leaving the job