VANTAGE WEST CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

This job stressed me out
Member Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
They say they want people to move up and get promoted, they really dont. Expected to have systems up and running prior to clock in. Some schedules require going to lunch one hour after arriving and NO other paid breaks.
Fast-paced dynamic environment
Design Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 4, 2018
A typical day at Vantage West was never typical. The environment is very fast paced and you need to be able to react to constant change. I learned never to take anything for granted. The management at VWCU is mostly fair, and try to play by the book. The workplace culture is one in which it is felt if the individual thrives, the whole company thrives. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fallout from lack of communication between stakeholders on any given initiative. The most enjoyable part of the job was having built a unique position where I felt I was needed and helping people out.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment
Classic Credit Union
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2018
Outstanding benefits (great PTO!) and very supportive of a strong work-life balance. This is a great place if you are looking for a low-stress workplace. However, if you are "doer" or an innovator this may not be the place for you. 30 years behind the times technology wise. Culture is a talking point; not an everyday practice. Preach and demand innovation but will not follow-through or listen to new ideas; very fearful of new technology. Top performers are not rewarded and frequently shutdown; long tenured employees are shielded from accountability. Zero transparency in HR. IT division lacks industry specific knowledge/skill. Retail is focused (poorly) on sales over service. Back-office support/partnership with the front line staff is often non-existent from those in senior management.
Competitive wages
PR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2018
Competitive wages and benefits are good. Company culture is unique. Employee recognition through yearly bonus program and other incentives. Encourages professional development. Great tuition reimbursement program.
Extremely high favoritism
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2018
A company that has a workplace culture they do not follow. A "credit union" that does not truly want to give excellent member service. A company that is allowed to leave an employee defenseless, taking all rights away for no reason. Upper management is horrendous the CEO let people from chase and other Financial institutions come in and take over. People that are well deserving should be promoted and are not!!! I have seen people get fired over money ( under 200) that wasn't ever missing and then other that were missing over 1k and got to keep their job it pathetic.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Upper management
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Vantage West, I only left when an opportunity presented itself that I felt would better utilize my talent and skills as a supervisor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
direct supervisor
Vantage West was a good employer
DIRECTOR OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Vantage West is a fast paced company looking to serve its members financial needs. I learned to work independently to help over 16 Branches in opening both deposit and loan products. I have extensive knowledge on both state and federal banking regulations.
Pros
Fast Paced working environment
Cons
Company Reorganization
The worst organization to work for in Tucson
Imaging Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2017
Micromanagement at its finest, the most incompetent management you will find in any industry. The "Culture of Accountability" is a complete joke, do not work for this company if you would like to advance in your career.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
If you work collections pray your manager isnt crazy
Lost Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2017
Typical day go in do your job try to avoid drama

I learned that when you have 3 managers in less than 2 years and one of them was not stable to be a manager you will fail.

other managers with this organization were amazing. For front line collections not so much.

Culture was great until the micromanaging started. However i do believe those managers are no longer with the company so that may have changed.

Hardest part of the job at times was walking through the door.

Most enjoyable was some of the people you get to work with
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
IT was ok
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 12, 2017
Not for me :( I enjoyed it in the beginning but the culture or maybe the people I worked with made it so that i eventually hated going to work.
I ended up leaving the job
It's a job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 7, 2017
It is indeed a job. I worked there. The people I worked with were usually cool. I could see someone else enjoying it for a good long time if that's what they're interested in.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
Overall a good place to work. The pay is competitive and reviewed yearly. The company is growing and becoming more innovative and creative. Career development made priority.
Great company to work for....
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
I learned composure and confidence from working at Vantage West Credit Union. Work was a team effort and everyone wanted each other to succeed.

The hardest part of the job was having to decline customer request due to disqualification. I learned how to be diplomatic and respectful to everyone, no matter their circumstances.

I really enjoyed going to work each day...the staff was like family.
Team work, member focused
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tombstone, AZMay 23, 2017
A great place to work. Focus on the members needs and not just the advancement of individuals. Team orientated and allows each team member to develop in a way that will make them the most successful. A strong focus on education and gives each team member the resources needed to continue their education.
Unprofessional management / co-workers, high favoritism, short-staffed, extremely hight turn-over.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 16, 2017
1. If you can not do work for two , then it's not good place for you.
I constantly was working hours beyond regular business hours, I had to work on Saturdays as well.
2. You can not learn your job , because of lack of time.
3. Management is unprofessional. High favoritism. Unwillingness to help.
4. No culture. I have no idea what Culture of Accountability they are talking about, but employees are constantly blaming each other, management, and raise their voice if something is irritating them.
5. Hardest part of my job-is no ability to do the job b/o constant cross-training newcomers and research (Remember NOONE CAN DO YOUR JOB- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS)
Unethical practices in management
None (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 4, 2017
Pros
At the start of position everyone seems to get along.
Cons
Training/Mentorship/Management
Customer Service
Member Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2016
Answer 100 - 120+ inbound calls per day. Have to reach out to so many different departments to handle a 1 call resolution. It made it challenging to have a positive customer service experience for the member because they would have to wait on hold for quite some time.
Cons
Not allowed time off when you have it on the books.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2016
Have learned a lot in the financial industry. Helping out members is a great feeling. Very sales oriented. Overall great company and can be a great place to work.
Great Culture and Good for Career Growth
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
This company is a great place to work if you are positive person and like to take ownership of your work. Lots of promotional opportunities and the benefits are insanely great. Strong healthy culture. IT and HR teams are nice to work with.
Pros
Benefits - low employee costs and great 401k
Cons
unproductive, unprofessional, horrible place to work.
Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
I have to agree with the previous comments on how out of touch this organization is. Their lending practices are for the most part predatory and illegal. Management team needs a reality check.
Worked for a year and the people that I worked with were mostly not great. horrible co-workers, management was below the line and just plain horrible. The entire team is being replaced year after year and there seems to be a common denominator -poor management-have been some good SVPs let go during this time. The managers that you interact with on a daily basis can make things frustrating and annoying at times. They never listen to you, just bark orders and accept it. Very moody and their daily interaction with the team are toxic. All they do during meetings is to gossip and criticize the top management the front of your peers. A lot of people have transferred out of the company due the constant negativity and lack of advancement and just a good work place. The Application review and the lending practices are predatory not to mention illegal.this is team in general is not a good place to work in. Lots of turn over and overall not good. If you really need a job and like getting kicked in the face, then go for it. Otherwise, go somewhere else.
Pros
good 401K plan
Cons
bad benefits, management, coworkers.