Vantiv Employee Reviews

Terrible work place!!!!
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2018
I was one of the many people release from Vantiv due to being in the same time zone as HQ- Cincinnati.
They didn't care at all about there employees. Not enough to keep that location open.
They also hardly offered any help. There was terrible communication between us and supervisors. Very little help typically offered.
Good pay, terrible place!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
every thing else
It was ok
Associate Settlements Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 4, 2018
this company was ok was working as a temp very independent but that's it pay was low not worth the money for the stress they put you through benefits were ok
Pros
Cons
management salarty advanvement
Good Company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2018
Very different than most corporate jobs. Easy going and respectful to their employees. The management team has really changed over the years and has become a very respectable and reliable unit.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity for employees that are driven to succeed.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2018
Buen horario, buenas instalaciones, buenos beneficios
Pros
Segutos, buenos benficios
Cons
Nada
Not So Great There
Credit/ Debit Card Fraud Prevention Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2018
A typical work day is basically the same. I have not learned the different applications that is offered by the company. I have asked several times, but management have not put anything forward to make sure that the applications is learned. There is a lot of favoritism which make it a very uncomfortable to work in. There is nothing hard about the job.
My Opinon
Account Executive - Outbound Sales Only (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
My typical workday consisted of making 50-70 outbound cold calls a day to obtain monthly credit card statements from business owners offering them a complete side by side savings comparison on their current credit card rates.

I learned that credit card processing can be one of the most difficult industries for a business owner to feel knowledgeable enough by trying to figure out all the different types of rates and fees.

During work hours managers would allow employees to play golf, basketball, shoot nerf guns and most sadly the playing of tricks on their own colleges and employees. This caused an unfriendly and lonely environment to work in.

Lack of communication, Favoritism shown by management in the worse way possible.

The hardest part of my job was becoming well versed on all the elements pertaining to the job as quickly as I would of liked. bid turn over in management.

Making the calls and continuing to be the number one rep in receiving the most credit card statements from business owners and sharing my savings analysis as promised.
Pros
Health Benefits
No security
Dispute Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2018
You can't feel secure when there is cheeper work forces in other countries you train until there is no need for you. Management has no real value for state side labor.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
can't be secure in who you are to the company
Everything Depends on your Department
Sales Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 13, 2018
I personally work in a department that is very appreciated and valued with the company because of a great management team my department has. There are multiple departments with management put in place because of seniority and not abilities that are struggling because not only do the departments not feel appreciated but are asked to do more because management is showing a high output level of work with a low employee numbers so the higher ups look highly on the departments management without actually knowing what goes on in the department.
Pros
The right department is key, decent benefits, credit card industry is always growing
Cons
the wrong department can have you in a miserable job
High turnover, no yearly increase, high call volume
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Calls can range from steady to insane back to back calls for 2 weeks straight. The metric system works against you because if you use after call it works against your performance the limit is 10sec for the month else you considered a poor performer, if you are helping a customer and it passes your break scheduled it works against you and decreases your adherence, customer service surveys if they average lower than a 7/10 it can impact you negatively like I was denied a raise due to adherence. When I found out the black/white about adherence you are basically a number. The PTO IS GREAT!!! Great Medical benefits, 401 K match! There are opportunities for growth but who wants to stay around and fight for a raise.Going to the bathroom except on your breaks also affects your adherence and if you arrive late or car breaks down they use a point system which if they increase can cause a write up even if it's is out of your control eg you get sick, meet up in accident. Great place to just start off get ur money at the door.
Pros
PTO of 17 days, banking is interesting
Cons
Short breaks, Point system, Crazy metric system, lot of software to learn
Vantiv review
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Vantiv is a great place to start your early job career to gain experience. For me personally, I learn more about my career path than any job i work for before.
Good company, but very poor work place culture. H
Senior Database Administrator and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Good company, but very poor work place culture. High pace technology environment. Very technically challenging environment with great self-reward. Really good people and great diversity. Lower management staff lack leadership, management skills, and vision.
I hope they're done downsizing
Staff (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 30, 2018
Despite their rapid growth, they were letting so many people go when I worked there. A number of executives didn't live in Cincinnati, so weren't in touch with what was really going on.
Not interested.
Inbound Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 29, 2018
I'd rather not review this job, because I didn't enjoy it very much.

I know that I would never work there again, unless I were offered a significant increase in pay, and were provided with more than just one manager with proper communication and social skills. Too many people there (seemingly) care only about their paycheck, and not developing a proper business relationship with their coworkers. But that's not to say that everyone is like that, just that a lot of them are, from what I could tell.
Watch out for leadership
Merchant Services Referral Partner Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Management chain of command is a problem. Company is stagnant due to inability to organize and communicate. Call center is dog-eat-dog at its finest and management are the worst offenders. Don't cross the wrong member of middle management in that dogfight or your head will roll for a minor nuance. Unemployment sided with me.
Pros
on site cafeteria had good pizza
Cons
Management and leadership
Decent place to work.
Sr Business Banking Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Lots of hurdles to complete your overall daily job functions. Too many departments that don't have clear direction or tend to pass the buck onto someone else.
Produvtive and fun working envnironment
Merchant Liaison (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2017
Fast paced and lots of room for advancement, Learned how to work well in a team environment and work well in a hard but rewarding position. Workplace culture was fun yet hard paced. I enjoyed working with customers and being able to help.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
great workplace culture
Technology Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2017
Very collaborative workplace culture. ability to work remote. great work/life balance.
good benefits.
forward moving company with lots of opportunity to advance skills.
I loved that job very peacful and perfessional
Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
Was the best call center job I every worked, love my coworkers as well as the calls. Enjoyed coming to work everyday. Mangers was great and understanding.
Severe lack of leadership
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Company moves too fast to make sound decisions
Panic type atmosphere
Senior leaders with advanced degrees but zero leadership ability or skills
Company says they "do the right thing, but it's just lip service
Very little ethics within senior leadership
Employees used like pawns. Lied to and then disposed of like they aren't even people.
You can be the hero today and a zero tomorrow
Pros
Pay, some good talent
Cons
Cut throat, lack of ethics, no work life balance
Stay Away
Fraud Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2017
If you want to work for low pay, be taken advantage of and lied to on a daily basis then Vantiv is the place for you. They always promote people who know little to nothing about the job they do and upper management is clueless about how badly they are running the company.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
see above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vantiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight