VariQ Employee Reviews

Great company, until conflict arises
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
Great company overall with great benefits and great pay. However, the trust for contractors is non-existent if one of the companies complain. The contractor’s view doesn’t matter at all.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Trust
Great Place to Work!
Senior Security Analyst (Shift Lead) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2018
Great Pay/Benefits, Good Work/Life Balance environment, Great Project Manager, Management cares about their employees and frequently visits client location
gg
Cybersecurity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2018
its was a contracting position for the government. we didnt work at HQ. i thought the job was fine. Traffic in dc wasnt fun going ang coming from work
Are they really there?
Business Data Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2018
Working on one of their sub-prime contracts VariQ has given me a level of autonomy and independence that is on the one hand liberating, but on the other isolating. I have had one meeting with my VariQ supervisors in 2018. Skills development and career advancement were left up to me. I was not given access to tools or courses for continuing education in methods relevant to my job, nor was I pointed in the direction of recommended tools/courses. It was, however, added to my required goals to complete the skill development courses that I had brought up. No reward or recognition was given when I completed them. My responsibilities ballooned rapidly after taking the position but no changes to my compensation followed. Subsequently, the hardest part of this job has been identifying priorities and establishing goals to accomplish, as the limited input from both the VariQ team and the immediate supervisor at the client site has lead to an amorphous job with a growing list of disparate work responsibilities.
great working environment
Cyber Security Assessor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
A great place to work, friendly and warm staff. Great work and life balance. It's good to feel at home when you go to work. Great team work too. I like that it is a family owned business.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Government job
Great Company
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2018
This is an excellent company that has been steadily making a name in government contracting. It’s a family run business that cares about its employees. The only issue is managment needs to push back more strongly on unrealistic requirements from government product owners.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
Working with the government
Boring and tedious
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 21, 2017
It was a boring desk job that taught me professional office skills. The work was menial and repetitive. My supervisors, ever changing, were less than competent. I was over tasked, underpaid and underappreciated. Despite all this I learned a great deal.
Pros
Work from home was possible
Cons
low wage and rude coworkers
Very flexible work environment
Team Manager/Audit Plan Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Great place to work. Project was 100% telecommute and provided a lot of flexibility. CEO cares about the client and the employees.
Pros
Work at Home, Flexible work hours.
Cons
Work at Home
Variq
Senior Cyber Security Engineer / Architect (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
We work on site at a government's location. Great place to work and learn.
Pros
New technology to learn
Cons
Commute.