Vasa Fitness Employee Reviews

Great, energetic work environment
Cycling Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTSeptember 20, 2018
It's so great to come into work and be greeted by friendly faces! From staff to members, I would recommend VASA to anyone! VASA has a fun, motivating environment that makes it enjoyable to come to work.
Pros
Free membership
Good for a part-time job not a career
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 16, 2018
Overall the environment can be pretty positive depending on who your coworkers are and which location you're working at. Turnover rate is high. Had 4 different managers in my 1 year of employment. Left because company wouldn't relocate me to a location with more traffic and current pay wasn't cutting it for me.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No benefits
Good company with good people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2018
Vasa is a company that likes to treat the people who have been loyal the longest with them the best and if you work hard they will make sure you are recognized for that hard work.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
like high school sometimes
The management is terrible and does not advocate for their employees
Child Care Attendant in the KidCare (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 5, 2018
I loved my co-workers, but the management is horrible. They do not listen to their employees, do not advocate for them and do not follow policies. The KidCare manager is unqualified, doesn't handle confrontation appropriately, and is not a leader. When concerns from employees are brought up, management does not listen or advocate for anyone except themselves. It is very frustrating to have a manager that is not capable of managing or doing their job.
Pros
fellow employees are great
Cons
management
Fun
Front Desk/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 4, 2018
I loved working at Vasa because I had the opportunity to meeting new people. The management as pretty great as well, I learned a lot from them in the sales department.
Competitive and quickpaced enviroment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2018
Work is busy. It's all about people, so if that's you then this job is great. It's competitive so if you're not on the top of your game you will get pushed aside or replaced. They don't provide good benefits, and you don't get enough time off for how much you work. As a personal trainer you're at the bottom of the totem pole and it's very noticeable. Management runs VASA like a fast food chain which means they make decisions based off the business not the people. I love my job because I love the people and helping them but its not the place for you if you don't have a really strong WHY.
Good for college students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 3, 2018
I worked as a front desk receptionist while in college and it was great. I loved the people and the culture of the gym. It made it fun to come into work. I know this is not the case at the Utah gyms, culture sucks in Utah. The longer I stayed, the more I saw the management decrease which is why i am glad i left when I did.
Pros
Free gym membership
vasa
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 21, 2018
Fun environment to work in. Depending on the Vasa you work at, the employees are going to help you out. You are there to serve the members and uplift everyone around you.
Unsatisfactory
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 21, 2018
Poor management, loved the environment and the opportunity to meet new people but the job was very boring and didn’t receive a fair wage or feel like i could grow with the company. Felt as if managers pick favorites from employee prospective and didn’t provide equal opportunity
Pros
Free membership
Fun and uplifting
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 20, 2018
I loved meeting new people and helping them work towards their fitness goal to improve their lives. I learned how to make hard decisions and deal with picky customers.
Low wages, expensive benefits
HR (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 30, 2018
Things may have changed since I worked at VASA Fitness. I heard that there have been some major changes and not for the better. I didn't get a raise for over 5 years and was told that I would never get another raise. (how's that for motivation?)

Other people would see their workload double but would not receive any additional compensation. There are favorites and those are the people that see their wages raise and get opportunity for growth.
Calls, calls, calls
Fitness Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTApril 23, 2018
This job was focused solely on calling as many people as you could in order to get them to come to the gym. It is full of talking to people who may or may not be interested. You definitely have good and bad experiences in this occupation.
Fun place to work But I’m going to school
sales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2018
Best job I’ve had just needed to go to school and further my education so I can have a job I love to go to and be happy but Vasa was a great company to work for
Good for some people, but generally a bad place to work.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 20, 2018
The time I worked at VASA was quite unpleasant. While I do not expect jobs to just lay down and give me everything, the way the system was set up left many trainers, including myself, out on a limb to fend for themselves on a daily basis. Long-term retention of clients is next to impossible due to the restricted limits set on trainers and the shady fees that come along with memberships at VASA in general. Some trainers do well for themselves here, but it's definitely only a few who manage to make enough to provide for a family. If you're single and need a place to gain training experience, it may not be a bad temporary situation, but VASA had not, at the time I worked there, been set up in a way to actually take care of their employees. It was "fend for yourself, and if you don't make us money despite our terrible system, then you're gone."
Poor Managment
Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
Worked up to 50 hours a week. was forced to make over 100 cold calls before letting me go home. management works with you when your doing hot. hates working with you when your cold. lied to Human Resources about physical violence. Area directors were snakes and liars.
Pros
fast money, gym membership
Cons
everything else thats not a pro
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 31, 2018
I learned more about customer service and how to engage with difficult customers. I learned a lot about integrity, passion, fun, and unity the most. There was great teamwork, great communication and everyone cooperated equally due to a work checklist. The management however i was very disappointed in.
benefits and pay are not good
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 26, 2018
The Company itself is great but the benefits package are only good for those who are single or not needing medical insurance. For those that have a family no matter how much you make say goodbye to almost half your paycheck with benefits and taxes. The pay is extremely low for how much they as their managers to do. it's great for experience if you can hang through the rest just to gain it. The company pulls in so much money they need to worry about taking care of their employees first then the rest with fall into play.
Pros
great environment and meet a lot of people
Cons
pay is extremely low and benefits are outrageous
relaxed atmosphere, fun coworkers
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 25, 2018
great co workers, fit and active lifestyle , flexible hours, quick paced , customer service. I learned the in and outs of how to move up in the company.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
healthcare
Unproductive work environment , poorly managed
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 23, 2018
A place with a lack of direction. You don’t seem to be able to talk to management well unless you get on their backs about it. People aren’t the nicest to work with as they all are egotistical with the acception of few.
Pros
Free membership to vasa
Cons
Doesn’t work well with getting days off
Grueling and harsh work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 27, 2017
you had to hit 120 phone calls, and text 80 people per day.
i learned good time management
management changed alot
the culture was fun till managers were around
worst part doing the phone calls
the best part were the members and some of the staff
Pros
most staff were cool.
Cons
management were sticklers for everything