Vasa Fitness Employee Reviews

Competitive and quickpaced enviroment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2018
Work is busy. It's all about people, so if that's you then this job is great. It's competitive so if you're not on the top of your game you will get pushed aside or replaced. They don't provide good benefits, and you don't get enough time off for how much you work. As a personal trainer you're at the bottom of the totem pole and it's very noticeable. Management runs VASA like a fast food chain which means they make decisions based off the business not the people. I love my job because I love the people and helping them but its not the place for you if you don't have a really strong WHY.
Childcare
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  American fork UtahNovember 7, 2018
Recently got a new manager at the American fork Vasa. There is a male employee working in the childcare who yells at the kids and it’s allowed. Other staff members <management> yells at the kids and tries to run it like a preschool and how is that possible the kids are only there for a short amount of time etc it creates stress. Last manager was fired for gossip. But she was kind to the children and members were happy. I quit yesterday. And would never recommend anyone taking their kids there
Pros
U can bring your child to work
Cons
Poor management
not a career path, undervalued
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 20, 2018
With the change in leadership and the many company changes, employees are feeling undervalued and expendable. People who have been working for the company for years feel confused and not taken care of. It is a great job for a year or two but not a career path.
Pros
Can help set your own schedule, can make decent money with a low degree
Cons
unstructured, minimal benefits, don't have much of a voice
The management is terrible and does not advocate for their employees
Child Care Attendant in the KidCare (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 5, 2018
I loved my co-workers, but the management is horrible. They do not listen to their employees, do not advocate for them and do not follow policies. The KidCare manager is unqualified, doesn't handle confrontation appropriately, and is not a leader. When concerns from employees are brought up, management does not listen or advocate for anyone except themselves. It is very frustrating to have a manager that is not capable of managing or doing their job.
Pros
fellow employees are great
Cons
management
Good for college students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 3, 2018
I worked as a front desk receptionist while in college and it was great. I loved the people and the culture of the gym. It made it fun to come into work. I know this is not the case at the Utah gyms, culture sucks in Utah. The longer I stayed, the more I saw the management decrease which is why i am glad i left when I did.
Pros
Free gym membership
Low wages, expensive benefits
HR (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 30, 2018
Things may have changed since I worked at VASA Fitness. I heard that there have been some major changes and not for the better. I didn't get a raise for over 5 years and was told that I would never get another raise. (how's that for motivation?)

Other people would see their workload double but would not receive any additional compensation. There are favorites and those are the people that see their wages raise and get opportunity for growth.
Good for a part-time job not a career
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 16, 2018
Overall the environment can be pretty positive depending on who your coworkers are and which location you're working at. Turnover rate is high. Had 4 different managers in my 1 year of employment. Left because company wouldn't relocate me to a location with more traffic and current pay wasn't cutting it for me.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No benefits
Great employees, feels like a family
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 14, 2018
Loved working at the Corporate Office in Orem, UT! I learned so much in my time here and grew professionally with my amazing coworkers. It is a fast growing company which provides lots of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Low pay
Good company with good people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2018
Vasa is a company that likes to treat the people who have been loyal the longest with them the best and if you work hard they will make sure you are recognized for that hard work.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
like high school sometimes
Fun
Front Desk/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 4, 2018
I loved working at Vasa because I had the opportunity to meeting new people. The management as pretty great as well, I learned a lot from them in the sales department.
Unsatisfactory
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 21, 2018
Poor management, loved the environment and the opportunity to meet new people but the job was very boring and didn’t receive a fair wage or feel like i could grow with the company. Felt as if managers pick favorites from employee prospective and didn’t provide equal opportunity
Pros
Free membership
Cons
never go there definitely don't work there pay is too low management has no common sense too high of a turn over
GM (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 26, 2018
accused of harassment
never told what i did wrong
was laid off.
they handled the situation all wrong
had not even received a verbal warning
was told cooperate would be in contact with me and had to call them.
Pros
eye candy
Cons
vasa sucks and smells bad
It’s a great fitness center.
Greet clients and check in each member (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 8, 2018
Working for Vasa is like any other retail job just without the folding of clothes. It’s definitely a fun place to work at and to get motivated to workout. You meet fun people and get to hear some of their stories of what they have accomplished so far in their workouts.
Great, energetic work environment
Cycling Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTSeptember 20, 2018
It's so great to come into work and be greeted by friendly faces! From staff to members, I would recommend VASA to anyone! VASA has a fun, motivating environment that makes it enjoyable to come to work.
Pros
Free membership
Poor Managment
Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
Worked up to 50 hours a week. was forced to make over 100 cold calls before letting me go home. management works with you when your doing hot. hates working with you when your cold. lied to Human Resources about physical violence. Area directors were snakes and liars.
Pros
fast money, gym membership
Cons
everything else thats not a pro
benefits and pay are not good
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 26, 2018
The Company itself is great but the benefits package are only good for those who are single or not needing medical insurance. For those that have a family no matter how much you make say goodbye to almost half your paycheck with benefits and taxes. The pay is extremely low for how much they as their managers to do. it's great for experience if you can hang through the rest just to gain it. The company pulls in so much money they need to worry about taking care of their employees first then the rest with fall into play.
Pros
great environment and meet a lot of people
Cons
pay is extremely low and benefits are outrageous
Good for some people, but generally a bad place to work.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 20, 2018
The time I worked at VASA was quite unpleasant. While I do not expect jobs to just lay down and give me everything, the way the system was set up left many trainers, including myself, out on a limb to fend for themselves on a daily basis. Long-term retention of clients is next to impossible due to the restricted limits set on trainers and the shady fees that come along with memberships at VASA in general. Some trainers do well for themselves here, but it's definitely only a few who manage to make enough to provide for a family. If you're single and need a place to gain training experience, it may not be a bad temporary situation, but VASA had not, at the time I worked there, been set up in a way to actually take care of their employees. It was "fend for yourself, and if you don't make us money despite our terrible system, then you're gone."
Grueling and harsh work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 27, 2017
you had to hit 120 phone calls, and text 80 people per day.
i learned good time management
management changed alot
the culture was fun till managers were around
worst part doing the phone calls
the best part were the members and some of the staff
Pros
most staff were cool.
Cons
management were sticklers for everything
Fun atmosphere
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2018
I love the facility and all of the employees. It is very clean with all of the latest equipment. They stay positive and up lifting. The membership is a great value.
New management= terrible work environment
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 30, 2016
Being a wellness coach at VASA used to be my dream job! I loved coming to work every day. However, with a new manager in place, the past several months have been unbearable. We have been micromanaged and given very unclear instructions. They tell you conflicting things all the time, and there is no job security. Compensation is not on par with the industry average. Most of the team is awesome and really fun to work with. I love working with my clients but hate the office environment- lots of backstabbing. The actual work at VASA is pretty good, but I would suggest looking elsewhere if you want to get paid a fair wage and treated with respect.
Pros
fun coworkers, great clients
Cons
terrible management and work environment