Vasa Fitness Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed working at VASA only because I could bring my son. Other than that the management was very bad and they do not care about their staff! I never felt like I was treated very well.
sales focused fitness company
Fitness Team Lead, West Jordan (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 27, 2019
Ive worked for Vasa for years as its always been fitness focused. However, in the 12 mos to 18 mos the focus has changed from helping the members achieve fitness to more of a sales, numbers driven focus.
Pros
lots of opportunity to move up
Cons
no breaks. days off are difficult to come by
Its High School
Fitness Counselor (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 26, 2019
If you watch a movie about high school and observe the jocks and coaches. That is the atmosphere of Vasa Fitness.
The day to day of the company makes you feel like you job is on the line if no one comes in to buy a pass.
Yes, calls need to be made and appointments need to be set. The problem is that if the customer doesn't want it, they don't want it. That isn't the sales persons fault.
The management seems to motivate by anger, fear, and disgust.
Pros
Free gym pass
Cons
managment
A Puzzle With All The Wrong Pieces
Fitness Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 7, 2019
VASA Fitness has the makings to be an incredible company. With so many things that are right, it is truly a shame that, at least in some locations, there are so many things that are wrong. With the quick expansion they are attempting, there is a glaring lack of organization and communication between corporate and each branch. In addition to this, the fantastic culture that VASA is striving to maintain is suffocated by the cutthroat sales environment and faulty operations communication. There is hardly a balance between civil conflict resolution and heated confrontation as well. Either a blind eye is turned or there is employee and manager turnover. As stated before, the saving grace of VASA Fitness is the uplifting culture, at least when it's not being drowned by regurgitated motivational speeches found on social media. In conclusion, I recommend getting a membership, but I strongly recommend looking for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Free membership, can wear shorts to work
Cons
Poor management, lack of organization, inconsistent expectations
VASA has gone way downhill
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  UtahDecember 26, 2018
I worked for the company for several years. They did have fairly competitive pay for a personal trainer when I left. However you had to get most of your clients on your own to really succeed. That would normally be fine But they micromanage everything. All PT sales goes through the sales team and they have to close the deals. If they close it you get a new client but you split the commission. The only control you have over the sale is a great workout before you drop them off to the salesman. They are in the process of building to sale and no longer care about the people that work for them or the clients that sign up. They just want to build a grand illusion of success in order to sale in a year or so. Most of my friends that still worked for the company after I left have now quit or are extremely unhappy with the new direction of the company.
Pros
Decent pay for a new trainer
Cons
Culture has taken a real dive
Fun atmosphere
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2018
I love the facility and all of the employees. It is very clean with all of the latest equipment. They stay positive and up lifting. The membership is a great value.
It’s a great fitness center.
Greet clients and check in each member (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 8, 2018
Working for Vasa is like any other retail job just without the folding of clothes. It’s definitely a fun place to work at and to get motivated to workout. You meet fun people and get to hear some of their stories of what they have accomplished so far in their workouts.
Worked as Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 8, 2018
A tyrpical day at work consisted of getting up at 1:50am to be there at 3:30am. This would give me enough time to open up the gym, turn on all the TV's, check for any trash, and to start the system up.
Childcare
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  American fork UtahNovember 7, 2018
Recently got a new manager at the American fork Vasa. There is a male employee working in the childcare who yells at the kids and it’s allowed. Other staff members <management> yells at the kids and tries to run it like a preschool and how is that possible the kids are only there for a short amount of time etc it creates stress. Last manager was fired for gossip. But she was kind to the children and members were happy. I quit yesterday. And would never recommend anyone taking their kids there
Pros
U can bring your child to work
Cons
Poor management
Great employees, feels like a family
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 14, 2018
Loved working at the Corporate Office in Orem, UT! I learned so much in my time here and grew professionally with my amazing coworkers. It is a fast growing company which provides lots of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Low pay
never go there definitely don't work there pay is too low management has no common sense too high of a turn over
GM (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 26, 2018
accused of harassment
never told what i did wrong
was laid off.
they handled the situation all wrong
had not even received a verbal warning
was told cooperate would be in contact with me and had to call them.
Pros
eye candy
Cons
vasa sucks and smells bad
Great, energetic work environment
Cycling Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTSeptember 20, 2018
It's so great to come into work and be greeted by friendly faces! From staff to members, I would recommend VASA to anyone! VASA has a fun, motivating environment that makes it enjoyable to come to work.
Pros
Free membership
Good for a part-time job not a career
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 16, 2018
Overall the environment can be pretty positive depending on who your coworkers are and which location you're working at. Turnover rate is high. Had 4 different managers in my 1 year of employment. Left because company wouldn't relocate me to a location with more traffic and current pay wasn't cutting it for me.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No benefits
Good company with good people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2018
Vasa is a company that likes to treat the people who have been loyal the longest with them the best and if you work hard they will make sure you are recognized for that hard work.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
like high school sometimes
not a career path, undervalued
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 20, 2018
With the change in leadership and the many company changes, employees are feeling undervalued and expendable. People who have been working for the company for years feel confused and not taken care of. It is a great job for a year or two but not a career path.
Pros
Can help set your own schedule, can make decent money with a low degree
Cons
unstructured, minimal benefits, don't have much of a voice
The management is terrible and does not advocate for their employees
Child Care Attendant in the KidCare (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 5, 2018
I loved my co-workers, but the management is horrible. They do not listen to their employees, do not advocate for them and do not follow policies. The KidCare manager is unqualified, doesn't handle confrontation appropriately, and is not a leader. When concerns from employees are brought up, management does not listen or advocate for anyone except themselves. It is very frustrating to have a manager that is not capable of managing or doing their job.
Pros
fellow employees are great
Cons
management
Fun
Front Desk/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 4, 2018
I loved working at Vasa because I had the opportunity to meeting new people. The management as pretty great as well, I learned a lot from them in the sales department.
Competitive and quickpaced enviroment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2018
Work is busy. It's all about people, so if that's you then this job is great. It's competitive so if you're not on the top of your game you will get pushed aside or replaced. They don't provide good benefits, and you don't get enough time off for how much you work. As a personal trainer you're at the bottom of the totem pole and it's very noticeable. Management runs VASA like a fast food chain which means they make decisions based off the business not the people. I love my job because I love the people and helping them but its not the place for you if you don't have a really strong WHY.
Good for college students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 3, 2018
I worked as a front desk receptionist while in college and it was great. I loved the people and the culture of the gym. It made it fun to come into work. I know this is not the case at the Utah gyms, culture sucks in Utah. The longer I stayed, the more I saw the management decrease which is why i am glad i left when I did.
Pros
Free gym membership
vasa
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 21, 2018
Fun environment to work in. Depending on the Vasa you work at, the employees are going to help you out. You are there to serve the members and uplift everyone around you.