Vasko Electric Inc.

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

1st year or starting Electrical Trainees you will be set up for failure..

Job went fine.. busted my butt.. but got laid off in nov and they have the audacity to post a Job opening for 3yr Trainees just recently.. now you make your own judgement but that means they want nothing to do with 1st yr apprentices and actually help them out.. and give guidance.. There was guidance but not enough.. usually was doing grunt work.. I guess someone has to do it.. I was told to buy a impact and some other tools which were out of my own pocket .. there was no licensed Journeyman on the job most of the time.. with the exception of the foreman.. only unlicensed experienced "Trainees" with no Jman card. I was on my own to figure it out if I was given a task most of the time.. but at times If I got lucky I was paired with more experienced workers and they were pretty patient and I actually learned something at that time.. but that's at your co-workers discretion may be case by case basis.. I knew basically nothing besides schooling I got from a state certified school aka.. "Trainee school".. before I got this commercial job, now I know a little bit more.. So if you're a 1st year apprentice coming out of electrical school, you might want to go to a small shop.. because you'll be thrown away to roost with these guys.. Also I was driving an hour to work without compensation..

Pros

One free lunch was given .. Learned a lot .. but not enough..

Cons

Near the end of my employment the foreman started cutting break time to 15 mins only..., California requires 2 paid 10min breaks each for 8 hr days I'm not talking about unpaid lunch

Learn alot

You are always learning new things all of the time every day. It is such an amazing experience, the job/life flexibility is not the best but that's just all construction jobs.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Hard work sometimes

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vasko Electric Inc.?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vasko Electric Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Vasko Electric Inc. Reviews by Job Title

Vasko Electric Inc. Reviews by Location

• Vasko Electric Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?