vAuto Employee Reviews

Learned a lot working for big business corporation
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  AnywhereNovember 28, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at this company. The job itself was not fun. The coworkers were not easy to work with. The sales portion of the job was not controllable. The needs of employees were not met. Lay offs and felt like the door was always revolving. No care about the employees unless you were a favorite. Once you stop being liked as much you get pushed out. No regard for privacy on HR matters either.
Not Sharing (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 8, 2018
Unless you are young and in the "in crowd' of management, your job is not going to be safe. They will find a way to let you go if they do not like you. They will even create the situation if they feel they have to. Several employees have been let go this way. There is no culture, the HR department is a joke, they share your confidential information with management and there is no where for the employees to go. Once you air a grievance, it is shared with your manager and their managers. Employees do not stand a chance unless they are liked by their supervisors. It is like a personality contest.
Benefits
Cons
Complete lack of culture/bad culture
Terrible upper Management
Employee (Current Employee) –  ILLJanuary 8, 2018
Upper management makes bad decisions and the employees have to suffer from it. They lay off people when their profits aren't over 1 billion and keep people on who only know how to cheat the system. Just a number. Use to be great and had pension but it is now a pipe dream. Good luck to future employees.
Pros
lots of PTO and cheap health isurance
Cons
Pay is lower than average and no room for advancement. Bad decisions from managment
Decent job
Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 26, 2017
Overall it's a good place to work. Cox Automotive has the best benefits around. 401k match, super cheap healthcare, tons of paid time off and holidays. Additionally, the position is remote so you work from home. However, the work load is ridiculous, and the expectations attached as well. Understaffed by probably 10 people. Extremely difficult to be effective. Management is lacking, along with sense of direction. As far as advancement goes... get comfortable. There's no upward mobility at all, and no development initiative by the company. Basically a dead end job.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement, workload and stress
great growing company and gained experience
Manager of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 16, 2017
vAuto is great growing company and I gained valuable experience with the tolls provided. The benefits were outstanding and the local employee engagement committee is awesome at keeping it a fun place to go to work.
Great Company
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook Terrace, IllinoisOctober 11, 2017
Great company to work at. Excellent benefits. Work environment was very good. Plenty of work to do every day. A lost of systems were manual draws of data. Need better contact with Technical Support.
Pros
Benefits, Lunches, relaxed work environment
Cons
Lots of manual systems
vAuto performance management
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 29, 2017
vAuto Performance Management is a great job but brings a different type of stress than what you are used to in retail sales. You are judged by cancellations which sometimes can be out of your control. No matter the reason the result is on you. The company will throw every asset at you to help you improve and get better. If you can handle that type of stress there is no better job.
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Bilingual Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 17, 2017
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
it is a very good place to start and get some experience , and could also be a very good place for someone who wants to stick around.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
vAuto has no advancement
Level 2 Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 9, 2016
Company has no advancement and is very Micromanaged. Do not be one minute late in logging into the phone system. Management gossips worse than employee's. No advancement no matter how hard you work, Advancement is only through friendship.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, stable job
Cons
Micro managed, no advancement
technical support
Technical Support Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILApril 25, 2016
pay is good - medical benefits are not that great.

work/llfe balance is non-existent as they want/make you work from home after hours without any o/t pay.

No advancement unless you are on the "inner circle" and have sufficiently brown nosed your way in.
Pros
co-workers, pay
Cons
management, culture, work/life balance
Generous Compensation High Expectation
Lv. 1 Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 7, 2015
vAuto has a very high caliber of employees that work very hard to provide the best support possible to their clients. You will be challenged here on a daily basis and will always be required to learn new things as it is an environment of almost constant change. The clients and Performance Management team were more often a pleasure to work with than not.

The weakest facet of this company at least in regards to support would be the management team. It operates much differently than any other environment I have encountered and while in some regards this is a good thing, most of it leaves the tech team under supported and overworked.
Pros
free soda, free food frequently, good pay, stable hours, good benefits
Cons
poor management, stressful environment, cliques
Very good company
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 16, 2015
Very good company to work and lean new domain. Work environment was Excellent. I would love to recommend this to my friends and family.
vAuto is a viable place to work
Level 1 Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 15, 2014
At vAuto you are expected and held accountable for all things taught to you. You are expected to answer all incoming calls and either complete the issue or document it so it can be brought to the proper desk. The good thing about this company is they show you how to trouble shoot basic computer and technical issues. And since they use SQL for there database needs, you are given a course on how to utilize it to your needs.
VAuto
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
Wonderful working environment and great people to work with
Pros
Free Lunches, great benefits, etc...
Management Issues
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 3, 2014
vAuto paid very well and was a nice working environment for me. The person I reported to was completely unrealistic with my work load and did not allow me to work one second of over time to complete my extreme work load. Other than that I loved my coworkers and environment.
This company has a good product idea, even if it has been around longer than I had originally thought
Software Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2012
I knew and liked my boss. The building amenities were pretty good. This company was bought out between my accepting the job and arriving one week later. I stayed around for 13 months but never had the chance to use even one day of vacation time. The new parent company wanted a process driven operation, retooled from a seat of the pants operation. I agreed in the value of that, but I knew from the start that this was not going to happen. The existing staff had made numerous commitments to concepts that barred making that possible, and would not give.
I was severely unhappy that I lost even a vague resemblance to a window, when we moved to a bigger/cheaper space. I would have quit that day, on my own, if it had been viable, as a window was part of my original decision to accept the job at that pay rate. This was not a growth opportunity for my position, but a step backwards in methodology and tools. It was neither Agile nor waterfall, but something closer to seat of the pants design, code, and rapid testing. Still it had an SaaS delivery scheme reminiscent of an Agile product. The customers seemed generally happy, even though total lack of documentation meant everything had to be learned from Customer service calls. Even employee training was done largely by listening in on customer service calls. Beyond that it was "go pester the developer" rather than QA participation in designs and plans.
The TEST goal was to automate all/most tests on the live database, in the same way as the manual testing was done. This did not account for how automation works, so I suspect 10% to 50% at
  more... best is doable, ignoring the ever changing underlying data. Granted unit testing will mostly operate in such an environment but unit testing had its own test space, as did development. The fact that I alone kept test result matrices was considered a negative, with total faith that memory was better and quicker than marking down results. Of course that flies in the face of total automation, but they never even picked a viable automation tool, nor planned any training to get there.  less
Pros
free sodas and coffee, cool platforms to test on, a great product idea
Cons
tight schedules and no real planning/designing