VCA Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Awful Managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 14, 2018
Management is awful!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. They also do not pay well at all for what you do. There is no way to live off of the amount you make here.
Pros
Discounts
great place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
they offer great discounts on food, and medications. a few times a year you can get free medicated food and preventatives for your pets. They also offer 100% discount on vaccines, and boarding for up to 4 pets !
Pros
great discounts for pet owners
Cons
constant changes to daily task
good place to work but very depressing sometimes
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 7, 2018
I did actually enjoy this job but you worked long hours sometimes without a break at all ofter more than 10 hours. The management was great though very willing to work with you but if you were a closer it would be sprung on when when you arrived for the shift. Was never scheduled.
Horrible hospital
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX (Louetta Rd)November 5, 2018
I’ve only worked there for a short time.
The co-workers are really horrible!!!
They just ignore you, they have their clicks. They talk behind your back.
The management is just the same. They just say it’s a mean world the vet industry! NOT agree!!!
The CSR are just like the techs ignore you, are mean, you have to figure out everything by yourself.
It’s really a childish behavior.
Even the hospital manager told me, that a lot of people left because of the coworkers, if that doesn’t ring a bell?!
Don’t work for The Louetta Rd location in Spring!!!
I was really depressed, because of that!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Horrible coworkers
Typical Pet Med
Veterinary Technician FT (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 5, 2018
The work is fulfilling most of the time, but they take advantage of people's passion by underpaying and overworking people. Typical ups and downs of a Vet Med. Emotional stress of having to Euthanize pets, clients Stress about $$$, clients who don't care and those that care too much.
productive atmosphere with a great staff
Primary care tech, Specialty surgery tech (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 29, 2018
When I first started there it was amazing. I learned so much working with multiple board certified surgeons. The staff and management was great and I felt like I was not only part of an extended family but there was room to grow.
Fun and busy
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 25, 2018
They were very understanding when it came to family matters. I was able to set my own hours day or night. The pay was good and on time. Management was very nice.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings
Cons
Picking up animal fescies dropping.
Fast paced and results driven
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FloridaOctober 24, 2018
Very advanced technology-wise veterinary practice that prides itself on offering extensive care programs for pets. Veterinary hospitals I've worked for in the past were not as interested in technicians being "salesmen" as VCA was.
Pros
401K, working with like- minded people who love animals
Cons
Lots of hard work physically and on your feet long hours
vca is a good enviornment
Animal Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLOctober 22, 2018
it was a great place to work if yo love and truly care for animals. i learned a lot of new things about dogs and cats. was defiantly a great place for someone who likes learning.
Vca vet
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 21, 2018
My workplace is a fun environment, excellent support staff, affluent clients. Ability to practice progressive medicine and provide standard of care. Love my patients and clients!
Overall, I'm more depressed when I started working here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2018
The only good thing about working here are the animals that come through here, they'll keep you sane. The doctors talk down to their techs, management doesn't appreciate their employees, and everyone is a two-face backstabber. I'm so ready to move on with my life from this soul sucking place.
Overall a good place to work
Certified Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
There were some bumps in the road, but overall a good place to work. There was a specific vet who hadn't managed previously, and I think she got in over her head, which really took the culture of the whole place down with her, unfortunately. But besides that, the team did its best to lift each other up, the pay was good/appropriate, there was utilization of my licensed skills, and the flow was not too fast or too slow most days.
Pros
good benefits, a healthy team besides part of the management team
Cons
part of the management team was inexperienced, brought the rest of the team down
Fun place to work at
Veterinary Technician/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 12, 2018
Working here at VCA is amazing love the doctors and manager that I work with. It’s great job if your interested in working with animals all day. Hours are pretty flexible
Great Place to Learn
Shift Leader/Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
VCA will teach you skills to become a successful VA. Definately a hands on environment. You will learn Customer Service, Surgery,Anesthesia and other medical training.
no one helps.
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2018
people who work at vca only cared about what they wanted to do and nothing else. a lot of unfairness. over worked you in the summer and if someone called in or did not show, the manager would not discipline them in anyway, so everyone else had to struggle on busy days.
Great Learning Environment
Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 6, 2018
VCA was a great place for me as a newbie vet tech to quickly learn the duties essential to my career. I was given the room to advance my skill set and move up at my location. Some downsides are that the staff was ever changing so it impacted schedules. Sometimes you weren't able to work a full work week, and other times you were required to do overtime.
Pros
Skill Acquisition
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun and productive working ienvironmnent
Animal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 4, 2018
I liked working there. If I hadn't moved I would still be there. THe staff is great and the company does care about there employees. I give them two thumbs up.
Everyone that works there is a bully
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 3, 2018
RUN FAR AWAY!!!!!!!! The ICU Drs, other receptionist, and management were all bullies. All of the other receptionist would sabatoge eachother and refuse to help anyone. If you didn’t pick up something the first time you were given attitude and the Drs would ignore you and do everything in their power to belittle you.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Management, Drs, receptionist
Very bad place to work
Certified Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PASeptember 20, 2018
Schedule was constantly changing, would work 40+ hours a week then would only work 15 hours a week. The environment and treatment from the doctors were horrible. Very bad work experience. Vets showed favoritism to other techs and limited others job duties.
Pros
Occasionally free lunches when company reps came
Cons
Very short breaks, business showed favoritism to certain techs
Lack of patient safety
Registered Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 19, 2018
The location I worked had a general lack of care when it came to patient safety. There was no holding anyone responsible if major mistakes were made and it seemed like it was ok to sit around and watch tv rather than actually do the job people are paid for.
Pros
Full time felt like part time
Cons
no room for advancement, lack of pay incentive