VCA Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Drama Drama Drama
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 17, 2018
Everyone is rude and you're threatened to be sued by customers on a daily basis. The manager hides in the back when receptionists get yelled at. They will rearrange the schedule without warning or notice. There are no emergency action plans in place and the dryer has caught on fire more than once.
Great place to work!
Veterinary Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2018
I was a Veterinary Assistant extern at a VCA hospital and it was truly and amazing experience.
Everyone was very nice and wanted to help my with my required tasks and more.
Happy, positive workers and I love that workers recognized almost all patients and clients by name.
Overall the best place to work and I would definitely recommend it!
Great place to be!
Veterinary Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  McCormick Ranch, AZJuly 17, 2018
I was an extern at a VCA hospital and it was truly an amazing experience. Everyone was nice and wanted to teach me and help me with my required tasks and more.
Happy, positive, reliable workers.
I loved that the workers recognized and knew almost all of the patients by name.
Overall a great place to work and I would definitely recommend it.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 15, 2018
very fun and great staff, nice pay and lovely animals. lol i love animals and they love me, again good people and super fun. now i gotta make it to 150 characters
Pretty good place to work
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 13, 2018
VCA is a pretty good place to work. The managers talk and try to help you if there are scheduling errors or questions. Pay is competitive and raises happen yearly.
Pros
Big discount on pets healthcare
Cons
Long hard hours
Love the animals....coworkers and management not so much
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJuly 9, 2018
Management lacks ability to manage and set examples. Management is always late and plays favorites with all their friends. Lots of cliches and favoritism by managers. Poor work environment with coworkers on missions to get others in trouble. No breaks. Managers friends get special treatment and can do no wrong. Generally feels like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Animals, some benefits
Cons
Poor management and work environment.
Great environment of people
Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2018
Great management and staff to work with. Everyone supports each other, for the most part, and tries to promote positive environments. Clientele are very loyal.
overall fun place to work
Animal Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 3, 2018
its a fun place to work and a very educational place to work i learned something new everyday. Biggest down side is some employees lack care for people they work with very unfriendly enviornment.
Busy working environment, Lack of work ethic/discipline
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 2, 2018
Over the 5 years I was employed with VCA, the lack of work ethic, discipline & accountability I felt never changed. It effects the ENTIRE company, not just me personally when people show up late, or in general don't take their jobs seriously.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, full hour lunch breaks, flexible work schedules
I was only an intern there
Volunteering at VCA Old River Animal Hospital (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 28, 2018
I don't have much to say. I wasn't paid and they didn't let me do much and weren't the teaching type. I felt as though I was in their way most of the time and no one bothered to learn my name or that I'm only an undergraduate at UC Davis, not an actual vet student.
Pros
Learned new things
Cons
felt like I was in their way
Family environment in clinic
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  COJune 27, 2018
I worked for VCA for many years, while the pay was the lowest in the area, they did have good benefits. The hours are long and we were constantly short staffed due to lack of pay. The clinic management team was fantastic, but the umbrella corporation was not. I would never go back to a VCA.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, under staffed, under appreciated
Vca
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 14, 2018
I was not happy with the managemnt while working at VCA i did love my felloe emplyees and i love animals and the customers were great as well i personally would not recomment working at this establishment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Vet Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at VCA. They really helped me to get my externship done. They cared about getting my hours and skills done. The doctors allowed me to get some experience. When asked questions about medications or procedures, the doctors, assistants, and technicians explained well, and they really knew their stuff.
Overall feeling of working here is ok, just ok.
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  WIJune 5, 2018
I've worked at 2 different VCA locations for a few years now and honestly, aside from some of my coworkers workers that i've become close with i don't have any real desire to stay. We were supposed to receive our yearly raise in January and it is now June. Still no raise but a promise of back pay when is does go through. Whenever that may be. Barely making enough to live off of. Unless you're married or still live at home with your parents don't expect to work here and live on your own. Upper management is a joke. When I find something that pays more and that won't make me stress about thinking how i'm going to eat next I will not hesitate to leave.
Great company to work for in the veterinary industry
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2018
VCA Magnolia has a great team that works very well together. The excellent communication and positive attitudes make the job experience wonderful. It can be a fast paced environment at times but the team keeps their focus well and stays on top of things.
Great Place to Work
Veterinary Assistent/Receptionist/Kennel Assistent (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 21, 2018
Great teamwork, doctors, and management. Although the pay may be low, the discount is amazing. The level of care that we provide is out of this world and it shows.
Stressful but rewarding.
Animal Care Attendant/Veterinary Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 19, 2018
It was really fun working closely with amazing doctors and with animals. The job itself is stressful sometimes, but rewarding when everything is finished.
Cares about the animals
Kennel Technician and Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 17, 2018
Overall, the VCA staff genuinely love the animals and always work as a team to put them first.

Generally also offer opportunities for growth and advancement for those who work hard.
Veterinary Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 17, 2018
A typical day involved taking dogs for walks, feeding, baths if needed.
I learned how to help with surgeries and shots. Great place for learning.
The hardest part was the poor scheduling. Yes - their are emergencies, but this was poor scheduling.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
No breaks - sometimes work thru lunch
Animals
Kennel Tech and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 15, 2018
I loved being a kennel tech at an animal hospital. I liked being a receptionist also. The atmosphere was pleasant and animals were kept clean and happy.