VCA Animal Hospitals
Here to help
Coronavirus update

VCA Animal Hospitals Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
A typical Day at work I wolud have to say would be saying the animal happy running arund playfull engery when you first come in the morning to let them out or when they come into the office for a docotars visit they lve greeting the all of the staff memebars in the office.it just make work a fun and enjoyable day to work to take care of them. I have learned alot from vca just by different medical case that have occered in the office sudden medical case that we have no control over but we try are best to help the owner out and take extensive nurse care to a pet in need such as a neurological condition.I would have to say I enjoy working with the my managment and Co works as a group to accomplish on care towrd the customers and patients. the hardest part to this job I would have to say would be letting a patient Rest in peace but we know it is the best for them so we dont see them suffering other illnesses. the enjoyabe work to my job is see the patent health and full of energy.
Pros
customer care and service
I loved working here and working with animals! My manager is awesome. If you love animals and a fun environment, VCA is the place for you! That is all
-Extremely rewarding
-Long hours

-On your feet

-High standard of care

-Good pay and benefits

-Pride in job

-Trust placed in technicians

-Take care of animals every day
They do challenge you to be the best. They pay well however you are expected to work overtime without being asked. (Which is part of the vet community).
Pros
They take care of there staff well
Cons
No breaks
Working here at VCA is amazing love the doctors and manager that I work with. It’s great job if your interested in working with animals all day. Hours are pretty flexible
Job seekers rely on your experience.
My time at SouthPaws was limited. Overall positive experience. VCA did not overtake SouthPaws vision for their hospital. Management style was not to be aspired to despite strong work ethic all around
Friendly fun staff and a great place to work. Difficult to obtain pay raises or put in your opinion in some situations due to upper management and being owned by a large company.
Pros
Discounts
VCA would be a great place to work if they had a better managenent structure. When having problems and going to corporate everything you say is an excuse. They only believe what management say. Lord forbid if you get sick they are very cold hearted no matter how serious your illness is.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I prefer not to discuss this type of questioning in an online forum. I have no problem discussing these items with potential employers, if necessary.
This hospital allowed the nursing staff to be collaborative and cohesive. There were many opportunities to learn and teach. The management was present and competent.
This specialty practice is fast-paced with lots of opportunities to learn and sharpen LVT skills. This hospital utilizes its technicians to the fullest.
An okay place to work if you have experience with veterinary hospitals. Not the best place for extended training or individual requirements. Did not offer growth.
VRA is a clean hospital and great staff. The management needs work but the doctors and technicians are wonderful. Their communication to clients about there pets is fantastic. They even send pictures to owners after surgery, appointments, and during hospital stays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the client's acknowledgement of the wonderful care their pet gets while they are here. Only downfall is that we never close even when there is a state of emergency you are responsible for trying to get here.
maintained clean work environment and living environment for animals, observed appointments, prepared examination rooms, took dogs out for walks. i learned how to read x rays and prepare medications. it was a bit hard keeping up with medical terminology but Ii learned a lot of it. i loved my co workers and never had a problem with them. it was a great internship.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
too slow paced work environment for my liking
This is the emergency room that sees it all. If you have to decide if you are interested in emergency vs primary care I would suggest to look into this ER. Wonderful doctors and great support staff.
While working at VCA I loved all of the doctors, staff, and management. The environment was always clean and safe and I always enjoyed coming into work.
Challenging yet rewarding work in the ICU. Hospital administration constantly addresses client and employee needs and spends a great deal of time and effort ensuring a positive client experience and excellent quality of medicine.
Assisted with medical exams, assisted with sterile surgical procedures; review patient release instructions with client; dispensed medications to clients
Pros
Wonderful clients and pets
Cons
Too fast paced
i love animals so i love my job.. I enjoyed the long days with the pets and their owners and the awesome doctors