VCU Health System Employee Reviews

was sad to leave
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2018
I loved my unit & loved working here. I loved all the people I worked with. I was sad to leave but I could no longer work night shift. would recommend for an easy job.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2018
It was a job I can complain the pay was just not enough for me for the years I was employed there. I was there for over 12 years and I moved around to different positions I just wish the pay was more
Vcu health
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 30, 2018
A great company to work for .excellent benefits . Wonderful management and staff .always felt positive working for them .i learned a lot . Thier compensation was not that great
Pros
Benefits .smSchedule
Cons
Low compensation
Very busy and productive
Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2018
Productive and busy all the time. Management treats everyone great. it's a fun work place some days but you will come across different attitudes. I get along with everyone.
Pros
we have down time as well.
Cons
i wish we had a hour break
Horrible Management
Sr. Phlebotomist/PO Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2018
VCU Health System would be an awesome company to work for if they didn’t have such horrible management throughout the departments. Management is only concerned with making your life miserable and lining their pockets with money at the end of each fiscal year.
Pros
Certain Benefits
Cons
Inclement Weather Policy
great place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
I have a great job here at VCU. I get to provide quality, compassionate care to some of the most sick patients in Virginia. I work in an outpatient clinic that provides services that are amazingly helpful and supportive to our patients. I look forward to coming to work everyday.
Structured
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2018
Same tasks daily, so if you like structured environments, you'll love it here. Parking is very expensive so you need to shop aroud for an affordable lot to park in,
Pros
Close to public transportation, free shuttle to buildings
Childish
Valet (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 8, 2018
Inconsistent management and employees. They are lackadaisical in their operations. Harsh towards their employees specifically in regards with religious beliefs.
Excellent working enviroment
HIM Level II - Document Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2018
Although this was a temporary assignment , the staff treated you as a fulltime associate. VCU is a excellent company to work for. Training class was overall great and job was worth the time and I learned alot.
Great place to learn and work while attending pharmacy school
Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 1, 2018
This was a great place to work and learn while attending pharmacy school. I mostly worked in the inpatient pharmacy during my time there. Also mad IVs and compounded medications.
Very good
Patient Appointment Center Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 29, 2018
Awesome place to work. I loved working here because it was very satisfying know that I was helping sick people with making appointments teaching new staff.
Would not recommend
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230August 16, 2018
The management is horrible. Unable to provide answers, lacks management experience, culture, diversity, culture and work ethic. High turnover rates.

Management does not support their team, unable to provide answers or assistance for growth (no training), promotes “friends” within the department.

As long as you are a “yes man” you will be fine.
Pros
Shops at Willow Lawn, free parking (designated spaces)
Cons
Short breaks, no departmental training, will work you until you’re dry, managers are nasty
Long hours not enough support staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VAJuly 27, 2018
Long hours not enough support staff favoritism overworked money more important than patients management disrespectful to staff don’t abide by attendance policy
Pros
Close to home
Love having interaction with patients.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2018
A typical day for me would include taking message off the voicemail. Print the schedule for the clinic for the next day. Check in patients, collect co-pay and have patient complete new patient paperwork. Schedule additional appointments, answer phone transferring calls to correct location. Enter charges get insurance authorization., pull orders for the next day clinic. What I enjoy the most when working with the patients is seeing them improving with the help of therapy.
Pros
Supevisor is flexible when you have to take time off on short notice
Cons
Short lunch break
Poor Management Leadership
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2018
If taking on another role it is expected to bring with you most of the job responsibilities from the previous role.

Lack of capable leadership, lack of HR concern for employees
Cons
Stressful, lack of salary
Kids were fun, management was not
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2018
The best part of my job was being with the kids. The management didn't know how to motivate employees. It seemed like the only time we heard from or saw our supervisors was when we were being told we were doing something wrong. The teachers love the kids and should be supported better in their positions.
Excellence work environment
Medical Technologist Senior (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2018
VCU is an exceptional place to work for because of the safety culture fostered from upper management all the way down. I personally worked with coworkers who were enjoyable to be around and together we brought about high quality customer service to our patients.
great place to work
Nurse Manager Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2018
This urban hospital provides care for many people in the Richmond Community. I was able to move up the ladder in the company smoothly after learning my current job thoroughly. I found that management is not always the best and the most qualified but those who knew the job were amazing and well rounded.
Fun and stressful
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2018
It's a nice place to work at. I'm a volunteer so I can't give much detail but from what I have noticed it's a nice place to be working at. I have been there for almost 6 months now and it has been really fun and stressful.
Collaberation
Administrative Specialist/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2018
Very collaborative work environment at all levels of the healthcare system, from Doctor's, to nurses, to support staff, to security officers, to environmental services personnel. We all support each other in every way.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
High parking fees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VCU Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

VCU Health System Reviews by Location