VCU HEALTH Employee Reviews

Productive and fast workplace
Value Analysis/Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VAAugust 17, 2018
Currently maintain and manage the Lawson supply chain database, including uploading new supplies, inventory and purchasing contracts. I worked very closely with the Lawson consultants and VCU Richmond supply chain team on the Lawson implementation at CMH. I extracted all of the purchasing information from CPSI to convert and upload into Lawson. I was the main point of contact at CMH for the GHX conversion to VCU GHX onboarding. I extracted all of the CMH GHX boarded vendor information for the VCU conversion. Maintain and initiate the continual vendor boarding process for CMH. Specialize in the preparation, review and administration of supply, equipment and service contract proposals. Manage contracts and lease agreements to ensure competitive pricing and quality service. Identify and maintain cost savings from contract conversions and supply negotiations. Review contract terms, conditions, tiers, levels, pricing and commitment agreements. Develop vendor comparison analytics and perform data extraction from supply chain information systems/databases. Analyze product cross reference information from vendors and prepare comparative and computational analysis. Utilize GPO and other databases to continually monitor contract compliance and expiration. I’m responsible for the coordination of product and equipment trials. I’m responsible for continual evaluation of our value analysis process to ensure adherence to an effective and efficient method of monitoring and standardizing supply, equipment and service selection utilization and cost management. Maintain databases  more... and original records of all service agreements, contracts and leases. Maintains supply chain product inventory database. Currently serves as a member of the Value Analysis committee and sub-committees. Currently serves as a member of the Clinical Practice Patient Safety committee.  less
Productive and adapting workplace environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2018
Although I spent the majority of my time at a desk, I worked collaboratively with my supervisor on relevant, interesting, and personally valuable tasks, projects, and goals. Communication was open and I felt I was able to discuss any concerns I had during my time in the position.
Fun stress free environment
Nurse Manager Support/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2018
The hardest thing here would be communication. People are sometimes thrown off because of a lack of it. If this would be improved things would go a lot smoother.
A fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
Trained administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2018
As a temp employee, I worked in HR for a team project. Management was more than reasonable and understanding with daily questions and issue. Our project had a maximum of 6-7 months to complete so coordination and compliance were a big part of getting the job done.
Fast pace place encourages advancement
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2018
Typical work day, I usually work 12 hour shifts. I have to look at the board to see where I will be working within the emergency department. Triage patients, take Vital signs, start IV's, collect lab samples perform blood cultures. Depending on how may psych patients that come in, I may have to sit with patients. My immediate supervisor has always been kind to me, I really haven't had any issues. Workplace culture, we usually work as a team for the most part. Hardest part of the job is seeing patient's family as the patient may have transitioned to the after life. Best part of the job, is having down time, and building on camaraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
Nurse week, when we are fed.
Cons
Short breaks
Program Coordinator for Pauley Heart Center (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2018
VCU was a great place to work. The Pauley Heart Center was a collaborative effort. Diverse job duties. Physicians and management were great to work with.
Pros
Great team members.
Cons
Parking
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
Work environment is great, pay is not. They offer great chances for advancement there. Ultimately, your experience depends on what department and unit you work on.
VCU-Health
Registered Nurse Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2018
Quasi Government Facility. There is plenty of politics but the benefits are really good and compensate for the low salary. Parking is a pain and the patients are not the best. The policies are very geared towards nursing
Stressful but rewarding
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
I learned a lot from working there and skills that will help me later in life. The days are long and can be very stressful. Management was pretty good, but did not always give the days you asked off. The hardest part would be the amount of work on pretty much any given day. You are exhausted by the end, no energy to do anything after. The most enjoyable was good coworkers and the rewarding feeling of helping the patients.
Pros
Pto, good coworkers
Cons
Short breaks if any, low wages, long hours, few sick days
Upper Management had no vision or strategy
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2018
Nailing jello to a tree, pushing rope, aimlessly spending money...that sums up executive vision and dealing with their decisions. Great benefits, lots of awesome employees and room to grow.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Cons
Call Center was horrendous, upper management is clueless
VCU Health is a decent place to work depending on the dept you are in
Medical Technologist II in Microbiology Immunology (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2018
VCU Health is a decent place to work depending on the dept you are in. Microbiology Immunology is managed poorly and there is a lot of secrets and micro-managing. Changes are made without the input of those actually doing the work and there seems to be little regard for work life balance. Hard to go to HR and complain because people have been for the last 5 years and nothing has changed
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
management is poor
Vcu
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 11, 2018
For a child care center, this seemed to be very unorganized and under staffed. I found myself often working overtime because management did not provide proper coverage.
job that gave me friends for life
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2017
I was given the chance to learn many different things. With VCU, I was able to continue my nursing career. I was given the opportunity to better myself.
Nice place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2017
My Job as a dishwasher is under paid, but its a good job nice people meet a lot of different people. you can move up in hospital if you can find the right area for you.
Pros
food and benefits
Cons
hours worked and pay
Fast Paced
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2017
If you enjoy working and dealing with quotes. This may be an environment you enjoy. Very rewarding helping and extending your kindness and comfort to the ill.
fun place to work
Patient Access Representative Supplemental (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 4, 2017
Fun place to work, Great TEAM WORK, Wonderful staff, nurses and Doctors are very nice and support the patient access reps as well as the nurses. The clinic feels like close knit family
Pros
everrything
Cons
nothing
Fast paced environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 29, 2017
All the front desk staff enjoy the work environment. I have learned new medical terms and how to be more empathetic with patients. The hardest part is not being able to schedule a patient an appointment that was promised by a nurse but was given away by mistake.
Pros
great physician and nurses
Cons
facility is always cold
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2017
My typical day at work depending on the day could be stressful, but I try not to let it bother me because at the end of the day, patients need to be scheduled in a timely fashion. Hardest part is trying to meet everyone's demand on what time the appointment should be etc
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management/Pay rate
My co-workers are wonderful people. It was time for me to move on and fully utilize my talents and education elsewhere.
Registered Nurse CHOR- Pediatric Neurology Clinic (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 30, 2017
Although I enjoy working in a clinic environment, there were few opportunities for me to grow professionally at VCU. I realized it was time for me to move on and utilize my talents somewhere else in the community. I would like to take advantage of the education I have achieved to help veterans in our community.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and cohesive team work
Cons
Paying to park, fighting traffic daily to commute to downtown Richmond is stressful
Wonderful company to work for
Patient Transaction Supervisor SR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2017
Great place, casual but fast paced. I've learned many programming and reporting tools (Access, Tableau, Cognos, GE IDX) and month end financial processes. Management is heavy, but we are currently going through restructure. Hardest part of the job is the added staff and responsibility without compensation as we work through the restructure. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the mission we work towards.
Benefits