Vector Marketing

• Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Not great unless you have a network or leads to already work with

Not great unless you have a network or leads to already work with. They do a short training period and then have you reach out to people near you in order to generate sales

ehh just go somewhere else if you're starting

if sales is your thing and you're really good at it and know a bunch of people who also don't mind being called at all hours by us, the receptionists, to see if they're interested then this for youif not then don't worry about it and move on to something else.

Fun workplace

I just started working with the company! I love it the training was useful, everyone around you in this environment will help you! Very positive! A lot of fun

Pros

Positive and fun workplace and you get to work from home! With daily to weekly bonus!

Flexible hours and management is always available to you when needed

You are able to make your own schedule which is really nice. Management is always just a phone call or text away if you need them. There are weekly meetings to help you get on track, which is helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting enough clients to support your income. Your income also really falls on you. You can either make $2,000 or $50,000. It depends on how many clients you get and how many sales you make. I have had slow months where I only made $200. Keep this in mind. Leads are not provided so you have to ask your clients for recommendations. I always found this a little uncomfortable. This is a cold calling industry, so it can feel discouraging at times. When you land a big sale though, it is such an amazing feeling. This company always says, "there's nothing like the first sale." This is so true. This job set me up for a career in sales. It also improved my confidence level.

Pros

Full access to management, make your own schedule, great commission opportunities, free rewards after so many sales, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Micro management at times especially in the beginning, cold calls without leads, once you run out of clients you are stuck

Sneaky

I was a secretary there and my job was to make calls and try to convince people to come in for an interview. They didn’t let me give no type of description of the position they’ll be interviewing for. The work place was fast pace and the management made the coworkers compete with each other. The manager also used to talk bad about people behind their backs.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hostile Environment

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Learned a lot but management was very manipulative

They teach you a lot of skills needed for communication, customer service, and sales. But the culture is a little weird and cult-ish. I was an assistant manager for a summer and that’s where the job got a little strange. Their withholdings program is advertised as optional but becomes mandatory if you want to nove up in the job. Once I pulled my money out of withholdings I was instantly demoted. The income is pretty good “if you sell” but I would not recommend going into management. The higher you go in the company the more time commitment you have to make. I would work here for a short while if you were looking for some extra money but I would take everything they tell you with a grain of salt. Every conversation you have with them is pushing you into management.

Pros

Income, skills learned, fun culture

Cons

Distrustful managers, manipulation

Long hours for basically zero pay.

Even being the top sales rep in Cincinnati, OH I barely made enough money to cover the gas it cost me to drive to potential clients. Albeit at a discount, you have to buy ALL of your own materials, put miles on your own car, buy your own gas, and on top of all this, management is constantly in touch with you, wanting you on your own personal phone at home calling people constantly, and I made maybe a whole $80 after all my efforts, which wasn't even enough to cover the knives or clothes I bought out of pocket.

Pros

You're essentially your own boss, bit time off is irrelevant as you wont be making any money.

Cons

No benefits, high starting costs, low turn outs, presentations are long and drawn out so by the off chance you make a sale, you're usually wasting your time due to the prices of merchandise being so high.

Fun times

Did it for a bit. Enjoyed it. Made good money. Hardest part is building the net work. The knives are good and sell themselves. If you do it focus on getting referrals. Referrals are better than sales

Pros

Fun, teaches you alot

Cons

No benefits, pressuring friends

Don't waste your time applying this company

They only hire if you're pretty or good looking.They only pay $18 per appointment.You have to be comfortable with being on camera all day .This isn't a job for shy people. You have a very aggressive to get orders . If you don't get appointments you don't get paid because we're going to return the orders you don't get paid.

Good beginning job

This job is great to get experience with the public and how to handle yourself in different situations. I wouldn't recommend it for the long term, but it was a great job

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

cold calling, using your own vehicle, stress to make sales

Skills

The ability to learn & practice skills that will provide you with an outstanding resume. You learn sales & customer service, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills. You are encouraged to continue professional & personal growth.

Great Place to Learn

I was accommodated and from the get go learned how to best achieve goals; something I hadn't quite been able to prior. I recommend anyone that is looking to strengthen their resume to work for Vector.

It was okay

It was okay. Easy for the most part but not the best for what you get paid to do. There is too much extra effort and things you need to do for your own pace job.

Fun and Productive work place experience

I liked the way the company is structured to give you the freedom and flexibility to work freely from home. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for work.

The pay is very low for how much time and effort spent trying to sell knives

If your looking to get started in Sales/Marketing this is a good place to start. I only worked at Vector for a month or two but while I was there I learned some very valuable communication skills as well as teamwork skills

Pros

Work at own pace

Cons

Pyramid scheme

Kind if sucks tbh

They try to give you a false sense of hope right when you get in. There will be plenty if checks that are more than $3,000.), making you think its a great place to work, but getting work is the hardest part.

Pros

Nice and clean work environment

Cons

Really hard to find work

Great for part time, difficult for full time

During my time at Vector (CUTCO), I enjoyed the skills I learned. A large portion of their work base are school students (specifically college) and the extra cash they can earn + skills they can learn is absolutely a huge plus. The downside is because your pay is determined by your sales (all commission) I feel it is not a full-time job for everybody. You get paid as much as you work- which can be awesome for those with a serious skill & love of sales. But if you are not a person driven and made for sales, you may find this difficult for a full-time job. Great part-time! Difficult full time

Pros

work from home, lots of opportunity to learn/grow your work skills, super energetic managers that are super supportive

Cons

people who aren't great at selling things all the time with confidence struggle to grow, pay is commission based

Excellent job, pay, management, and flexibility

This place is awesome! Good pay, always on time. Learned alot from VMC to take in my career. They will give you so many experiences. In addition you get to meet alot of professional ppl on this job and learn tons. I would recommend VMC to anyone.

Pros

Eork from home, flexible, awesome management and so much more

Cons

No cons

Good for people who are already good at sales.

As my first job it was good to learn that I really don't like selling. It did really cure my anxieties about talking to strangers on the phone though. It can can feel directionless and unless you just happen to be amazing at selling already, it's not going to be very fun for you. It's a very... "you schedule your day" kind of thing. If you wanted to sell at 3 am and found a way, you probably could. So if you're okay with not having structure then it could be fun for you.The training is paid which was nice. The little trips they take you on are pretty neat and if you love the type of job, you can definitely advance in it fairly easily.If you live in a particularly... well, average income place, it may be harder to make sales. You start out with selling to people you know and then they recommend people and so on. All I got was like 2 or 3 pity sales from family members. So everyone else I would sell to outside of that, (because of the average income area I live in) would always tell me that they didn't even want to hear my pitch because they couldn't afford it. It felt very hollow and fake to have to repeat the same lines over and over to each customer. It was annoying and often the customers themselves found it hollow and fake as well. I even got told so a few times.It can be fun for some but it's not for everyone so be aware of that!

Pros

Work anywhere you get cell phone service.

Cons

Get paid for how much you sell and there's no routine unless you make it yourself.

Get ready to work, and eat what you kill

Sales position that is great for those with a sales soul. A fantastic place to thrive for a young ambitious outgoing personality with great culture. Not possible if you're looking to skate by, you don't make any money if you're not making sales.

Pros

Push you to be your best

Cons

Always grinding for more

The experience is phenomenal

I worked there for almost 3 years. 2020 was one of the best years and 2021 is when recruiting was low and we couldn’t support ourselves anymore. It’s a great place to work but sometimes it comes down to the economy.

Pros

Flexible schedule, no cap commission, advancement opportunities, skills that school doesn’t teach you etc

Cons

No support in low income times, unhealthy environment at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K
1.1K
1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Vector Marketing with

• Vector Marketing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?