Vector Marketing

Salesperson135 reviews

Found 135 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,267 reviews
cutcoknifecutleryappointmentsalesellmarketingdemo

Increasingly unrealistic goals

At one point in time, selling products to people from their homes may have been possible but at this point, especially considering the ~$1000 asking price of the default toolkit, there's a very little chance that enough people will get interested. Not to mention the fact that most members who get recruited when they are either fresh out of high school or are halfway through college are the ones who sell the products. Most of their peers' parents are worrying about paying college tuitions and loans, leaving little money for kitchen products they didn't ask for. The work environment itself, however, is very positive and friendly towards each other. We regularly share tips of how to improve our sales skills and how to be more savvy when figuring out who to approach and how to manage our time schedules.

Pros

friendly environment, flexible schedule

Cons

referral based only, can run out of potential customers, expensive products, managable pay not guaranteed, travelling problems if without a car

Productive and fun workplace

It was an exciting place to work at. The workers were focused young adults like me, and were eager to make sales. I was struggling to make sales early on, but my co-workers tutored me on different approaches.

Vector Marketing insights

Based on 1,015 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Always Productive

Vector Marketing has taught me the responsibilities of what it takes to have a professional job. I have also learned how to have correct costumer service and how to properly respect other individual's opinions and property.

Jam Packed and Busy

Setting up appointments and giving demonstrations for the products when appointments are secured. Then securing sales at those appointments. Time management and responsibility/taking charge were skills that I earned here. Management was extremely useful in helping salespeople reach their targets and sales goals. Workplace culture is like a big family. The hardest part of the job is closing sales. The most enjoyable part is being able to share a great product with many people.

Pros

lots of help and coaching available

Cons

super busy schedules

Lots of fun selling great cutleryi was

Had a ball meeting so many new people while I was working with Vector Marketing, i was about 16 when I started there so I wasn't the best boss for myself

Pros

discounts

Cons

lots of people denying you

It's a company where you have to buy knives from them, then sell those knives.

Very sketchy. I did not have to do much to get a job there. One of the questions the interviewer asked was "what special qualities do you have?" I gave a very vague answer and still got the job.

Overall it was good

I had to quit because transportation became a big issue when I needed to make it to see leads. I started going door to door on foot but I wasn’t seeing progress that way.

Pros

I got to work on my own schedule

Cons

Door yo door sells can be a pain when you don’t have leads

Flexible Schedule and Great Pay

With Vector, I was able to work when I want, how I want, and with whom I want. The pay is strange. You get to choose. Either you get paid per appointment or you get paid the commissions. Whichever is higher is what you get paid. But with this comes a 1099 tax form, meaning you have to pay taxes at the end of the year. Also you have to make sure that you work enough because you have to account for the gas as well as money for the items you need for the demos.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good pay, great management

Cons

Travel for work everyday

Good Management

At Vector marketing we would usually meet on Wednesday to have a weekly meeting where we would discuss sales made and potential new clients. Vectors method of sales was a little off putting for me personally because their target clients were relatives and close friends .

productive and fun workplace

- typical day at work was me coming in to grab rope and string to use for my demonstration when I would visit potential customers and help persuade them to buy the product.

very positive workplace with amazing management

very great workplace for developing independent working habits and organization skills. The amount of intangible benefits and skills i have learned from this job will stay with me forever. They are very forceful on finding people to book demos and get referrals from. They have a book which tells you how to advertise their products and communicate with customers. Using their methods to communicate to my relatives and family friends this sometimes resulted in a lack of trust and created a sense of deception with the people i am close with which took away from my character. Aside from that It was a great opportunity that i will never regret

Pros

many learning opportunities, great staff

Cons

large time investment, forced sales and

Sales Skills for Sure

All commission based and somewhat uncomfortable marketing tactics. Asks people to use their friends and family to start their network. Uncomfortable way of building a sales territory to me at least. However I will say it is not a total scam and my boss was a good guy.

Not a Good Place to Work

The company was generally good to me about a semi-relaxing day of work, the learning was beneficial, management usually had a smile on their face and would tend to be straight forward with you. I did not enjoy how I had to argue with them for 2-3 weeks to get my paycheck because they moved it to an upcoming trip I had never agreed to go on. I could understand how the script they made would increase the amount of sales you would have, but I did not feel comfortable using words that were not my own, regurgitating the same information in the exact same way to every appointment you set up. A good sales job should let their workers relax a little bit, deviate from the script, let their charisma do the talking rather than a piece of paper.

Productive and great team members

Working for vector marketing while selling cutco, was a great opportunity and experience to see how the business works. I was impressed by most of the benefits you get by selling and setting up appointments on your own. I had to move on from vector marketing to focus on school at the time.

Pros

Your own work schedule

Cons

Setting up meetings with customers

Fun experience for right age

I was at a point in my life where I was looking to be productive and make some extra money for myself. The job was fun but I think for me, it was just the right job at the right time, and I do not know if I would want to do sell kitchenware again.

Eh

It was okay to try and make some money on the side, but the commute ended up being more than I thought by meeting more than once a week. Manager puts a lot of pressure for those under them to makes sales because its a pyramid scheme.

Salesperson

I did not like the way that people were paid and I did not like feeling like I had to prove that I was working and thus I would become frustrated not having to sell something.

Vector

I sold knives for two months. It was an experience that I look back on and try and remember what I learned in that short period of time. What I learned was how to be a salesman and how to take rejection.

Intersting

I learned how to manage my time between college, work, and fun time. Learned about personal sales techniques, consumer behavior, time management, and effective communication.

On the go work

flexible hours even while doing school and trying to make extra money for the weekends. Friendly environment with people who welcome you with open arms.

Pros

paid weekly and on your own schedule

Cons

going door to door

A good summer job

I enjoyed being a salesman and working door to door. It was challenging and rewarding but left you feeling a bit pushy when needing to close a deal to make a pay check.

Pros

Ability to acquire cutco product via sales goals

Cons

No salary/ commission only.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight