Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Boss was friendly
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 12, 2018
I really was just a telemarketer taking calls to set up appointments for people to get a security alarm. When you made a sale you get paid 20 dollars more.
Pros
Chill job
Cons
Really wasn’t any
Outstanding
President/Owner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2018
Great Company, forward thinking, growth is unlimited. Day to day mindset is what else can we help our clients with in today's world. How can we make them feel safer to help them enjoy their lives even more?
Pros
Work schedule, support
Constantly hamstrung
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJune 24, 2018
Internal department meetings that drag out while people discuss every little detail of what they are working on instead of actual productivity.
Restrictive budget due to zero spending flexibility.
Management sometimes is non-communicative.
Company culture can be summed up in one word: workaholic.
There are never enough people available for any given project or task to be completed on time because they are constantly dealing with whatever is the current emergency. Emergencies almost always result from poor planning, lack of maintenance due to short-handedness or lack of due diligence.
What little joy there is to be had from any shared success is quickly stifled by the reminder that there is an avalanche of other projects, tasks and incompetence just ahead.
Pros
Flexible with time off.
Cons
No room for advancement, compensation is weak.
Great Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 15, 2018
VSN has taught me many about myself, both in my love for hard work and how to take time to enjoy my personal life. The people I have met and the business knowledge I have gained are appreciated.
Productive and fun workplace
Alarm Dispatch Operator/Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 29, 2018
Typical day was very productive and always challenging as no two days at work were ever alike.

Management was always attentive and listened to their employees.
Pros
atmosphere
Dispatch Operator
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 25, 2018
Standard Call Center environment. Take calls and make them. Work does not change predictable days. Could be good or bad depending on person. Overtime always available.
Great experience
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 23, 2018
Fast paced. Helped me with customer service. Management is pretty strict, but understanding. Co-workers are very nice. Help is always provided. The hardest part is sitting for 12 hours staring at a computer monitor. Not really a flexible schedule. Management does make it somewhat bearable with music and fun activities. This is a great job for experience. Policies are strick, but this is an emergency dispatch center so it's understandable.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long shifts, no flexible schedule and oncall on days off
Good starting point in sales
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 18, 2018
Truly care about their customers and do a great job across the board. I can't say enough about the company as a whole. I would highly recommend working for them
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Money isn't really there
Busy, Fast Pace, consistent work load
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 16, 2018
A typical word day at Vector Security is assisting a numerous clients on security products we monitor and supply for them. Management is helpful and willing to work with you on performing you job to the best of your ability. The work environment is down to earth, fun, celebratory at times. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the constant changing with client/contractor relationships. The most enjoyable part is the people and the daily learning and training the company provides.
Pros
Training
Cons
Slow Career Advancement
Poor Direct Management
Commercial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2018
Upper management is more interest in numbers than a lifestyle enrichment. Installation quality is poor at best. No innovation. Installation does wonderful job on stick and glue jobs, but lacks initiative on thinking outside box. Staff is weary and overworked. There is no employee enrichment programs and sense of unity is fractured. Employees are showing up to collect a paycheck. Commercial Division Management makes promises that cannot be delivered on and is unresponsive to change. Ideas are recycled and die on the vine with no follow through. Middle management lack of experience in the industry impedes change at a department level.
Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15239April 10, 2018
INTELLIGENT PEOPLE TO WORK. AN EXCELLENT COMPANY.
An atmosphere of professionals and good atmosphere.
It is a pity that the company moved and closed its services for security personnel.
Pros
Good Company
Wonderful Experience
Branch Administrator/Office Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Working at Vector was a wonderful experience for most part. I developed a vast amount of experience studying the people I work with. The best part of my job was working with the various personalities and seeing them work together as a team for the betterment of the company

As a business in the service industry, your typical day at work will be attending to the needs of all Customers and ensuring they are satisfied and happy.
Pros
Tutition Assistance
Cons
short breaks taken due to demand of Customers
Very Unstable Work Environment
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 10, 2018
Vector Security has a lot of opportunities. For starters, the site I worked at was poorly managed and unorganized. Decisions were made on the fly and policy changes were not very well thought out.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor Management
Do not waste your time/talents with this company!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 21, 2018
The most irresponsible company I've ever worked for!!! Vector Security hired me as an experienced customer service representative. I was to be trained asap. It was my first week on the job and they did not have any method of training new employees. I didn't meet with the 'trainer" until the following week. My "supervisor" was gone directly after due to health issues. It was extremely irresponsible to bring me on.The office duties were poorly delegated. The management is non existent. This company DOES NOT provide ANY training for new employees. I have never seen anything like it before. It is a total waste of time working for this company. Especially if you have a family. This company is not stable enough to train employees. I strongly suggest doing your research on Vector Security before wasting your time and talents with this extremely irresponsible company.
Pros
There is absolutely nothing positive about this company.
Cons
Horrible decision to consider them over other solid companies. Incompetent from top to bottom.
Responsibility.
Security Guard (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 8, 2018
Got to meet a lot of people coming to and from the store. Was mainly responsible for the exit door and parking lot security. If someone exited the entrance door, they were required to show a receipt.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Short lunch break
Lead Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2018
Good company but there is little room for advancement. Management primarily wants to hire younger technicians in order to keep operational costs low.
It is an okay job
Switchboard Operator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 22, 2018
More praise less criticism. Keep employees engaged rather than feeling like anyone could be fired any day for any reason. Hire more from within. Pay should been comparable with requested job duties.
Lots of hard work, but you can learn a lot. Advancement available. Not managed very well.
service writer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Learned a lot about alarm systems and the type of customer service retail managers and store associates need. Learned how other systems (like HVAC, Sprinkler, Door repair) interact with security systems. Worked with our service techs throughout the country. Learned how to handle a high volume of calls on a daily basis and provide good customer service and data entry, learned how to work with the other teams. When people worked together, it made the job enjoyable, feeling of accomplishment. Unfortunately, the workplace culture at this company left a lot to be desired. Some people did a lot more of the work than others and there were no consequences for those that didn't. Some teams were supported by management with regular perks, while others were ignored. Also, there was a lot of favoritism towards certain people and unfair treatment of others.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 17, 2018
good place to work but the hours were long and there were definitely quick paced times where it felt that hours were worked every minute with no room for breaks.
Good company, good people to work with.
SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 16, 2018
As the installation manager I would see the technicians off every morning for their jobs. I would follow the day up with both customer support and technician support. Manage inventory in the stock warehouse and order equipment. Keep up on and schedule training on the latest products and equipment used in the field. Go over daily and weekly financial reports and work closely with the general manager as far as department productivity. I would also make field visits to technician for QA and customer visits for problem solving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight