Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Staff.
Sales/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 12, 2018
Vector Security has great employees. Many tenured and season veterans, that know and understand all aspects of security. Therefore it is very easy to transition and work for the company.

They are growing company that deals with growing pains, specifically direction company would like to go
Pros
Tenured employee
Cons
Frequent Changes
Not worth it
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 11, 2018
This place is so negative. I didn’t mind working the hours at all I did love the schedule. But management is negative and it’s not a very friendly work environment. They will also try to get you to work overnight as well.
Pros
Loved the schedule
Cons
Negative work environment
was a good place to work at first
Central Station Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2018
Vector at first was good place to work. The lack of training towards the end affected how the job can be performed. The hardest part of the job was not knowing the product to help customers with issues.
Alarm Call Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 15, 2018
Work hours don't allow you to have a life outside of work or time for your family . When your off most of the time , your on call and they call you to come in at ungodley hours to cover a shift. The Management Team would talk badly of new hires right in front of you as if you were a child or stupid. No respect for people
Good but hours can be rough
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 5, 2018
You will most likely work 12-hour shifts four days a week. which means its great to have three days in a row off but those long hours can be draining and feel like you live at work. But the staff was awesome, and the hectic/emergency situations can give you a sense of accomplishment(and stress) at the end of the day.
Pros
good pay, great team
Cons
hours, stress
Zero Direction
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2018
I was there for 2 weeks before being given a desk. I was in "side-by-side" training which involved sitting next to a dispatcher and listening to their side of the conversation and watching them navigate screens. Wasn't even given a headset to split in so I could hear the full interaction.

The manager never communicated with me about what the plan was for my training. I got fed up and left as soon as I received an offer from another company. Don't waste your time.
Great place to learn
Service Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 14, 2018
I love Vector! It is a great place. The location is excellent. There is always something exciting to learn, and management is open to hearing new ideas to improve the processes.
n/a
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 3, 2018
Typical day is busy, the team is friendly and helpful. Management is watchful and the company is ever changing. The hardest part is there is alot to learn. The training could be better.
Boss was friendly
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 12, 2018
I really was just a telemarketer taking calls to set up appointments for people to get a security alarm. When you made a sale you get paid 20 dollars more.
Pros
Chill job
Cons
Really wasn’t any
Outstanding
President/Owner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2018
Great Company, forward thinking, growth is unlimited. Day to day mindset is what else can we help our clients with in today's world. How can we make them feel safer to help them enjoy their lives even more?
Pros
Work schedule, support
Constantly hamstrung
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJune 24, 2018
Internal department meetings that drag out while people discuss every little detail of what they are working on instead of actual productivity.
Restrictive budget due to zero spending flexibility.
Management sometimes is non-communicative.
Company culture can be summed up in one word: workaholic.
There are never enough people available for any given project or task to be completed on time because they are constantly dealing with whatever is the current emergency. Emergencies almost always result from poor planning, lack of maintenance due to short-handedness or lack of due diligence.
What little joy there is to be had from any shared success is quickly stifled by the reminder that there is an avalanche of other projects, tasks and incompetence just ahead.
Pros
Flexible with time off.
Cons
No room for advancement, compensation is weak.
Great Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 15, 2018
VSN has taught me many about myself, both in my love for hard work and how to take time to enjoy my personal life. The people I have met and the business knowledge I have gained are appreciated.
Productive and fun workplace
Alarm Dispatch Operator/Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 29, 2018
Typical day was very productive and always challenging as no two days at work were ever alike.

Management was always attentive and listened to their employees.
Pros
atmosphere
Dispatch Operator
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 25, 2018
Standard Call Center environment. Take calls and make them. Work does not change predictable days. Could be good or bad depending on person. Overtime always available.
Great experience
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 23, 2018
Fast paced. Helped me with customer service. Management is pretty strict, but understanding. Co-workers are very nice. Help is always provided. The hardest part is sitting for 12 hours staring at a computer monitor. Not really a flexible schedule. Management does make it somewhat bearable with music and fun activities. This is a great job for experience. Policies are strick, but this is an emergency dispatch center so it's understandable.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long shifts, no flexible schedule and oncall on days off
Good starting point in sales
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 18, 2018
Truly care about their customers and do a great job across the board. I can't say enough about the company as a whole. I would highly recommend working for them
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Money isn't really there
Busy, Fast Pace, consistent work load
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 16, 2018
A typical word day at Vector Security is assisting a numerous clients on security products we monitor and supply for them. Management is helpful and willing to work with you on performing you job to the best of your ability. The work environment is down to earth, fun, celebratory at times. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the constant changing with client/contractor relationships. The most enjoyable part is the people and the daily learning and training the company provides.
Pros
Training
Cons
Slow Career Advancement
Poor Direct Management
Commercial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 16, 2018
Upper management is more interest in numbers than a lifestyle enrichment. Installation quality is poor at best. No innovation. Installation does wonderful job on stick and glue jobs, but lacks initiative on thinking outside box. Staff is weary and overworked. There is no employee enrichment programs and sense of unity is fractured. Employees are showing up to collect a paycheck. Commercial Division Management makes promises that cannot be delivered on and is unresponsive to change. Ideas are recycled and die on the vine with no follow through. Middle management lack of experience in the industry impedes change at a department level.
Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15239April 10, 2018
INTELLIGENT PEOPLE TO WORK. AN EXCELLENT COMPANY.
An atmosphere of professionals and good atmosphere.
It is a pity that the company moved and closed its services for security personnel.
Pros
Good Company
Wonderful Experience
Branch Administrator/Office Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Working at Vector was a wonderful experience for most part. I developed a vast amount of experience studying the people I work with. The best part of my job was working with the various personalities and seeing them work together as a team for the betterment of the company

As a business in the service industry, your typical day at work will be attending to the needs of all Customers and ensuring they are satisfied and happy.
Pros
Tutition Assistance
Cons
short breaks taken due to demand of Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight