Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews

A great entry level company to start your first security job.
Security Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, PAFebruary 12, 2019
A typical day at the site was to patrol the building. I learned how to interact with personnel on site in a congenial manner and still meet client expectations. The management was good in relationships with the client and security guards. Keep the client happy by surpassing customer service goals set by them. I found nothing hard about the job; all was rewarding especially making the client/ customers happy with the service I provided them.
Pros
A security company with sites near my home.
Cons
The paid was only entry level.
Great starting point
Regional Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 11, 2019
This is a perfect starter job to get you used to an office environment. Management was great and the job gave me many useful skills to help me thrive in other jobs.
a day in the life.....
Scheduler / Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 9, 2019
I typically enjoy Vector Security the job was challenging, I relate the scheduling portion of it to working a puzzle. The pieces need to fit perfectly for both the customers and technicians to be happy. And I enjoyed the puzzle. The customers needed troubleshooting help which was also fun to learn the process and walk them through turning off a blaring alarm, the payoff was always the best when you got the "thank you so much hun that was driving me crazy." The management was a bit on the horrible side but that's not what kept me coming back. The employees, customers, and challenge is the fulfillment of Vector.
Pros
co workers and the challenging nature of the business
Cons
management
Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21046February 6, 2019
Vector was a fun place to work. The people were great. Customer service was a big part of the job scheduling inspections for customers. I felt like part of a family.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
confusing practices
Terrific place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJanuary 10, 2019
I've been with Vector for a short while, but the experience here is amazing. The company listens to the employees and always does right by them. Do they make a mistake here and there? Sure, what company doesn't. However, they own up to it and get it resolved.

The passion for the customer is required to the passion for their employees. Processes are quick and hassle free. They strive to maintain a good reputation.
Pros
Management, advancement, pay
Cons
Training is loose but present
Great Staff.
Sales/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 12, 2018
Vector Security has great employees. Many tenured and season veterans, that know and understand all aspects of security. Therefore it is very easy to transition and work for the company.

They are growing company that deals with growing pains, specifically direction company would like to go
Pros
Tenured employee
Cons
Frequent Changes
Not worth it
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 11, 2018
This place is so negative. I didn’t mind working the hours at all I did love the schedule. But management is negative and it’s not a very friendly work environment. They will also try to get you to work overnight as well.
Pros
Loved the schedule
Cons
Negative work environment
was a good place to work at first
Central Station Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2018
Vector at first was good place to work. The lack of training towards the end affected how the job can be performed. The hardest part of the job was not knowing the product to help customers with issues.
Alarm Call Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 15, 2018
Work hours don't allow you to have a life outside of work or time for your family . When your off most of the time , your on call and they call you to come in at ungodley hours to cover a shift. The Management Team would talk badly of new hires right in front of you as if you were a child or stupid. No respect for people
Good but hours can be rough
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 5, 2018
You will most likely work 12-hour shifts four days a week. which means its great to have three days in a row off but those long hours can be draining and feel like you live at work. But the staff was awesome, and the hectic/emergency situations can give you a sense of accomplishment(and stress) at the end of the day.
Pros
good pay, great team
Cons
hours, stress
Zero Direction
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2018
I was there for 2 weeks before being given a desk. I was in "side-by-side" training which involved sitting next to a dispatcher and listening to their side of the conversation and watching them navigate screens. Wasn't even given a headset to split in so I could hear the full interaction.

The manager never communicated with me about what the plan was for my training. I got fed up and left as soon as I received an offer from another company. Don't waste your time.
Great place to learn
Service Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 14, 2018
I love Vector! It is a great place. The location is excellent. There is always something exciting to learn, and management is open to hearing new ideas to improve the processes.
n/a
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 3, 2018
Typical day is busy, the team is friendly and helpful. Management is watchful and the company is ever changing. The hardest part is there is alot to learn. The training could be better.
Boss was friendly
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 12, 2018
I really was just a telemarketer taking calls to set up appointments for people to get a security alarm. When you made a sale you get paid 20 dollars more.
Pros
Chill job
Cons
Really wasn’t any
Outstanding
President/Owner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2018
Great Company, forward thinking, growth is unlimited. Day to day mindset is what else can we help our clients with in today's world. How can we make them feel safer to help them enjoy their lives even more?
Pros
Work schedule, support
Constantly hamstrung
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJune 24, 2018
Internal department meetings that drag out while people discuss every little detail of what they are working on instead of actual productivity.
Restrictive budget due to zero spending flexibility.
Management sometimes is non-communicative.
Company culture can be summed up in one word: workaholic.
There are never enough people available for any given project or task to be completed on time because they are constantly dealing with whatever is the current emergency. Emergencies almost always result from poor planning, lack of maintenance due to short-handedness or lack of due diligence.
What little joy there is to be had from any shared success is quickly stifled by the reminder that there is an avalanche of other projects, tasks and incompetence just ahead.
Pros
Flexible with time off.
Cons
No room for advancement, compensation is weak.
Great Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 15, 2018
VSN has taught me many about myself, both in my love for hard work and how to take time to enjoy my personal life. The people I have met and the business knowledge I have gained are appreciated.
Productive and fun workplace
Alarm Dispatch Operator/Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 29, 2018
Typical day was very productive and always challenging as no two days at work were ever alike.

Management was always attentive and listened to their employees.
Pros
atmosphere
Dispatch Operator
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 25, 2018
Standard Call Center environment. Take calls and make them. Work does not change predictable days. Could be good or bad depending on person. Overtime always available.
Great experience
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 23, 2018
Fast paced. Helped me with customer service. Management is pretty strict, but understanding. Co-workers are very nice. Help is always provided. The hardest part is sitting for 12 hours staring at a computer monitor. Not really a flexible schedule. Management does make it somewhat bearable with music and fun activities. This is a great job for experience. Policies are strick, but this is an emergency dispatch center so it's understandable.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long shifts, no flexible schedule and oncall on days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight