Vector Security Inc.
56Below average

Vector Security Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA37 reviews
Semi laid back, some management is very nice, and easy to get along with. Lunch breaks are an hour, that is a good thing. Very clean office to work in.
Vector Security in Gainesville, VA demonstrates racial bias. Black employees are not mentored in the same fashion as other employees resulting in black employees failing to learn the tasks at hand or walking away. An investigation needs to be had. Worst experience I have ever had with any company and I feel sorry for those stuck between the walls of racial diversity.

Outside of discrimination, the staff is not friendly, the culture is antagonistic, and the management is incompetent: consisting mostly of white, uneducated individuals with an authority complex. The new employees are your only allies because they are going through the trenches with you.
Pros
Free food on holidays that you will not be allowed to take off
Cons
Discrimmination, Favortism, Lack of competence and Leadership
never in my life felt so Bad working for a business. When I first started I was happy that I found a place to work 6 miles from home. Once they decided to hire me I got more work with barely any training and my pay was the same. Manager talked to me as if I was nobody. I couldn’t take it anymore so I left .
Pros
6 miles from home
Cons
The list is huge
Most of the people there are amazing and willing to help it is a fast paced environment. Some of the supervisors from other departments are full of DRAMA and supervisors are more worried about what others departments are doing rather than their own employees. A lot of the employees there believe that one of the female supervisors is discriminatory towards a select few. It’s an job good for if you don’t have a lot of personal matters to take care of
Vector used to be a good place to work but things have fallen a part as of late. Poor leadership hires and Directors seeming to do whatever they want regardless if it's good for the company.

One Director has a relationship with another employee that is very, very noticeable but no one wants to say anything out of fear of being disciplined. Even if the person turns out to be a close friend, how are you allowed to have a friend hired and work under you when you are the Director? If regular employees see this, it has to be seen by upper management or at least by HR. The favoritism is unreal. How do you report something to HR if the staff feel as though it's not going to be taken serious, be swept under the rug, or end up in retaliation.

All HR would need to do is talk to the staff and they would get all of the information that is needed but it's not going to happen. How do you convince people to report on their boss when they NEED their jobs to survive? It's a shame that things like this go on and no one who matters will do anything about it.

I just decided to keep my head low and mind my business because I have a daughter to take care of. Such a shame.

The hardest part of the job is navigating inexperienced leadership. The most enjoyable par about this job is some of the people and being a part of a team.
Pros
Hours, Some Nice People
Cons
Poor Leadership, Lack of HR response and corrective action for clear violations.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Work with vendors, bi-weekly meetings, required to produce weekly updates for customers. Scheduling Technicians, and following up on contracts until completion of project.
The team effort and work ethic is amazing at VSN. The senior leadership of the division is driving the bus off a cliff. They make uniformed decisions, don't value the opinions of people doing the day to day, and refuse to actually learn the business they are leading. The company has wonderful C-Suite leadership with the exception of the VP of VSN and the GM under him. We had a great Service Director leave for a better opportunity within the company but we also lost one of the best people leaders in our organization because the poor leadership of the GM.
Pros
Teamwork, co-workers
Cons
Leadership of VSN
As stated above, I have met friends for life from Vector. As for management, it is only about the numbers and nothing more. No room for advancement either.
This is a perfect starter job to get you used to an office environment. Management was great and the job gave me many useful skills to help me thrive in other jobs.
I love Vector! It is a great place. The location is excellent. There is always something exciting to learn, and management is open to hearing new ideas to improve the processes.
Typical day is busy, the team is friendly and helpful. Management is watchful and the company is ever changing. The hardest part is there is alot to learn. The training could be better.
VSN has taught me many about myself, both in my love for hard work and how to take time to enjoy my personal life. The people I have met and the business knowledge I have gained are appreciated.
A typical word day at Vector Security is assisting a numerous clients on security products we monitor and supply for them. Management is helpful and willing to work with you on performing you job to the best of your ability. The work environment is down to earth, fun, celebratory at times. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the constant changing with client/contractor relationships. The most enjoyable part is the people and the daily learning and training the company provides.
Pros
Training
Cons
Slow Career Advancement
The most irresponsible company I've ever worked for!!! Vector Security hired me as an experienced customer service representative. I was to be trained asap. It was my first week on the job and they did not have any method of training new employees. I didn't meet with the 'trainer" until the following week. My "supervisor" was gone directly after due to health issues. It was extremely irresponsible to bring me on.The office duties were poorly delegated. The management is non existent. This company DOES NOT provide ANY training for new employees. I have never seen anything like it before. It is a total waste of time working for this company. Especially if you have a family. This company is not stable enough to train employees. I strongly suggest doing your research on Vector Security before wasting your time and talents with this extremely irresponsible company.
Pros
There is absolutely nothing positive about this company.
Cons
Horrible decision to consider them over other solid companies. Incompetent from top to bottom.
Learned a lot about alarm systems and the type of customer service retail managers and store associates need. Learned how other systems (like HVAC, Sprinkler, Door repair) interact with security systems. Worked with our service techs throughout the country. Learned how to handle a high volume of calls on a daily basis and provide good customer service and data entry, learned how to work with the other teams. When people worked together, it made the job enjoyable, feeling of accomplishment. Unfortunately, the workplace culture at this company left a lot to be desired. Some people did a lot more of the work than others and there were no consequences for those that didn't. Some teams were supported by management with regular perks, while others were ignored. Also, there was a lot of favoritism towards certain people and unfair treatment of others.
good place to work but the hours were long and there were definitely quick paced times where it felt that hours were worked every minute with no room for breaks.
I've learned how to troubleshoot burg and fire systems. Provide technical support to techs on site. I also learned how to program security system, and fire as well.
Management is promoted based on nepotism, bias, and personal friendships over work performance. There is no set up for advancement within a position based upon experience and aptitude. The hardest part of the job was being told to perform a task and then being verbally assaulted for performing the task as written.
Pros
tuition reimbursment
Cons
lack of incentive, poor management
Working at Vector I gained a lot of experience however the job work/life balance was off, leaving little time to "shut off" from the day. Management was sometimes helpful but overall the company was more focused on their wallet than employees well being
The work place and setting is comfortable and friendly. The pay is very bad though. A very high turn over ration for the company because of everyone being underpaid.
I enjoyed working with Vector Security, my coworkers and team and supervisors. I was able to learn a lot about the security industry and the products that are available for consumers in this market.
Pros
3 days off due to scheduled time
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Vector Security Inc. Reviews by Location