Veeco

Veeco Employee Reviews

United States60 reviews

businesslotcompanygoodemployeemanagementpeoplegreat

Good technology

Lots of opportunity to take responsibility and get things done. Lots of smart people. Strategy is focused on the right things (making great products) and differentiating these products from others.

Pros

free fruit

Always busy but mindful of breaks

Ever since I started 2 months ago I’ve met incredibly smart people and learned an all-new system in a small amount of time. This is because of the team. Everyone is helpful and respectful along with management which accommodates to the time off you may need.

Veeco insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Very poor place to work

My managers were bad. Always talks down to us, treat us like dirt. HR never listens to our complaints. Management is allowed to hire their own friends and place them into management roles. Without having any true experience within the department. That they're managing. They refused to pay out all my money, towards the end. Felt like I was underpaid, compared to others within my own area. Same field and experience. They micro-managed our team continuously.

Pros

Short term free lunches, working with the people there, close to my house

Cons

see my review

Overtime

When I was there they had all overtime you could handle. Interesting job lots of new things to learn. They bring you food for your breaks. Comfortable inviorment.

Pros

Free snacks and overtime

Cons

internal conflict between managers but lots to learn

Had three tax managers who had their own area of focus but lack of staff caused a lot of stress to help with each managers tasks. But it is a high starting salary and lots to learn.

Pros

High starting salary

Very productive work place

Good management a lot of loading/unloading of containers but you can definitely grow from this job and learn a lot far as how to load and unload the containers

Lively, good team spirit

Fast paced and limited hand holding. Engineers under much pressure to innovate yet meet production deadlines. Work force highly educated technically and willing to include all members in the team. Good senses of humor.

Don't lose you time.

That company has no respect to the drivers and you want to work and have a dicent move a day you need to pay to the dispatcher and the the person who is in charge of the drivers is all ways drunk .

Management is trying to make improvements

Fun but frustrating work environment. Management is trying to improve. The areas which need the most improvement have not been recognized for improvements.

very good place to work

I loved working at Veeco. wish the semiconductor business was not cyclical ,and i could have continued working. it was a very friendly environment. and i had the opportunity work with some great and smart people. My only concern was JOB SECURITY a very unstable and cyclical industry in general.

Needs improvement but what company doesn't

Great people great culture but the business is so cyclical its always either feast or famine. If it wasn't for that I would give this company an A rating.

They have a PingPong table

The pingpong table was put in to foster collaboration, which had an unintended consequence of creation competitive tournaments. They also have a "Bring your child to work day", which is a nice benefit

but be prepared for volatility..... when business outlook is good things are ok. Work balance is reasonable. During downturns it can get very tough to stay motivated

Veeco

Excellant company to work for. Great product line. Great support from management. Training outstanding and on going. Unlimited resources with broad and interesting customer base..

Horribly ran company

Company was horrible. Managers were terrible and they willingly and knowledgeably violated OSHA standards and requirements. The whole manufacturing floor in GRP area where I worked was full of Supervisors and team leads who made racial comments and put those that reported those instances to HR thru unbelievable grief with punishment. I was almost electrocuted there and management let it go and when it was done for a second time went out of there way to cover it up. People mostly my first manager stole loads of copper out of a location and got away with it. It just seems Veeco is using the investors. They continually violate manufacturing work instructions and then lie to the customers about it. This is the most unprofessionally run and organized company I have ever worked for.

Cons

racially biased, very poor management and HR ethics

Nice place to work

Struggles because of size - relatively small in its space - but it's a very nice place to work. Genuinely concerned about employees, their work-life balance and their careers. I left because of the commute; but for a horrible commute would be happy working there.

Opportunities to learn

Veeco has provided me the tools and direction to grow my career due to it's culture and organizational structure. It's a demanding environment that requires you to be fast paced and accurate but enables employees like myself, who are still new to their career, to learn by being a part of vital tasks that are in direct line with managements decision making processes for future growth of the company.

Pros

Knowledge, Skills acquired, great atmosphere

Cons

Demanding hours, limited bandwidth and resources, limited growth

Excellent

Met or exceeded goals established on Success Factors for: Account Management and Development; Interaction with Veeco GM's; Closing orders against much larger competitors like Applied Materials, Nikon and Canob at Intel, GF, TI and Micron Technology

Great Place to work

Cool place to work. Most people are friendly. Company offer party for Christmas, and summer fun. I enjoy going to work everyday. It's a flexible work schedule for all the employees.

Pros

Cool place to work.

Cons

High stress and poor upper management understanding of day-yo-day operations

The employees were great, but highly stressed due to work load and unrealistic demands from upper management. Shipment commitments from management did not take into account actual work required or time of day. High level of experience of New York Materials team was only reason we were able to achieve our success. Team now all terminated when operations moved to NJ.

Pros

Great team to work with in Plainview plant.

Cons

Upper management out of youch with physical work requirements.

long hours, but fun plase to work

great team with long hours. Was involved with all parts of the program made you feel your opinion made a different. Great pay if you worked hard and put your time in.

Common questions about Veeco

Answered by current and former employees at Veeco

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veeco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits