Veeder Root Employee Reviews

terrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
The management at veeder root is terrible and there is no room for advancement. The management is not fair and shows favortism. there is no worklife balance they want you to work ell over 40 hours a week anddo not want to give any tpt of incentive
Stable Company
Planner (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Very stable company and growing within the industry. Competitive wages and benefits. On going community involvement. Many long time employees with many years of service.
Concerns I have with my current position
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 21, 2017
Company lacks a sense of team work and interdepartmental relations from the salary group.

I haven't had a manager in over a year to help with day to day business concerns.

Hardest part of my job is never having a day off. We work 7 days a week so there is no work / home life balance.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working with the associates I lead. I take great pride in my team meeting all goals and expectations.
Pros
My team / department associates.
Cons
No days off
Great Co workers , Weak managment
Engineering / Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CT 06070November 6, 2017
All and all veeder root is a good place to work. Strong engineering at the senior level. Middle to upper management is out of touch with workers needs.
Good degree of challenge without excessive stress
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTOctober 25, 2017
Good degree of challenge without excessive stress. I enjoyed the design projects and the fellow employees were very nice. It was a competitive atmosphere which I enjoyed.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Too many old guard privileges.
Productive good place to work
Line Laborer (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PAAugust 26, 2017
Good place to work good people did line work on production line and shipping and receiving soldering and building computer boards tested boards and repairs
Great place to work.
RELIABITY ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2017
Had much freedom. A very supportive supervisor. Flexible hours. Great team environment. Everybody stuck together. Everbody was willing to help and train each other.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, people wanted you to suceed. a real positive place to work.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits.
Would love to continue working there
Temporary 5S/LC/VSM Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work starts the first hour by checking the test logs of the day before, getting FPY log data, filling out the Daily Management boards and attending the meetings. After that it would be on towards working on projects, attending to critical matters around the department, attending any scheduled meetings, ordering supplies, working with vendors, submitting maintenance/tool room/metrology requests, and usually ending with a daily Material Review Board meeting. It would use up the rest of the characters to tell you what i learned; but to sum up the importance of what i learned - Safety First, then quality, and finally production.
Management and workplace culture can change often, and adapting to these changes are vital. Usually the hardest part about working at Veeder Root is making sure that temporary countermeasures do not become permanent countermeasures - it is easy to become overwhelmed with tasks in which priorities are constantly shifting. The most enjoyable part of the job happens when the most critical events occur, and your actions are the defining moment in what saved the day.
Pros
Safe, structured working environment, opportunity to advance, always something new
Cons
Contractual employees do not have full access to all utilities until they are hired on full time.
meters
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 12, 2016
Made parts for meter registers and put them into the meter. Learned to make small parts for meters that was used for gas pumps. Handles parts for meters.
Great to work for
Silk Screen (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 14, 2016
I don't work there any more.worked in the silk screen room and probe room and other areas. I loved going to work !! The people are great management is great. Fun place to work great Benifits good pay. If I ever have a chance I would work there again. 😊
Nice hours
General Laberor (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 26, 2015
I worked 2pm-10pm monday through friday. It was a nice shift with good pay. The work was fairly easy. The people were pretty nice to work with. They actually were concerned about safety.
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Repetitive
Very much a culture of blame
engineering (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 16, 2013
Lack of accountability among colleagues results in a lot of finger pointing among peers. Not a recommended place to work. High turnover ratio (1-2 departures every 3 months) Average tenure of professionals ~3 years.
Pros
easy manufacturing positions, not technically challenging. easy to leave work at work
Cons
No room for advancement. Atmosphere of blame.
A good place to work just not utilizing my degree enough, and not challenging enough. No room for advancement.
Engineering Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAJune 26, 2013
Perform various testing on Red Jacket pumps and equipment. Setup and utilize in house dynomometer to perform various testing on prototype electric motors. Setup and utilize test equipment to perform hydraulic performance testing on various pumps. Labview used extensively for data acquisition. The following tasks are completed regularly: design and fabricate test fixtures, setup test fixtures, complete daily work log for weekly team meeting, interact with engineering personal with results from testing, maintain lab equipment, machine shop work, wiring, plumbing, welding, etc.
Cons
No room for advancement, budget cuts (possible job elimination), not challenging enough
Educational opportunities and diverse workload
Laboratory Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTApril 23, 2013
A very bright and helpful engineering staff provides insights into the operation and maintenance of products. A typical day can have me working on a customer product issue, ordering spare parts and equipment for various projects and tests, or setting up environmental or electronics tests on new products. I enjoy being able to work on many different tasks that often provide me with learning opportunities.
Pros
learning opportunities and association with creative engineers
Cons
long commute in rural setting