Veeva Systems
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Working at Veeva Systems: 48 Reviews

United States48 reviews

Great Team Dynamic

Team feels like family and are willing to help out. Work hours vary week to week but get very busy during release cycle. Fun team outings and there was a recent ACR bonus that helped employee retention.

Pros

Free lunches, good work culture

Cons

Low pay, hard to switch to different roles

Fun place to be.

With a very flexible work environment and supportive team, you can get obese since you work from home, and mental health is needed. Too many expectations

Pros

teamwork

Cons

too many expectations

Veeva Systems insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

High energy, high performing people with solid pay and ability to work from anywhere

I've been with Veeva for several years. After a grueling and time consuming interview process, I started and joined a team of like-minded individuals who are smart and goal oriented. I love that I can work from anywhere and can still contribute to our team's bottom line. I find my job personally, professionally and financially rewarding. My manager is great and I also like the senior management at the company.

Okay place to work, pays not too well

The job wasn't hard or that stressful at times. Really monotonous work. Pay could use an increase as salary very low. Usually can't talk to other coworkers without getting glared at.

Short term job

Contract work. Unless you meet the high unattainable quotas, you won't be here long. High turnover rate. Only positive was working from home and the hours were fine.

Pros

work from home

Cons

quotas, contract work, no benefits

A disorganized company that does not adequately prepare its staff and undervalues the work they do.

The amount of training given at the start of the job was limited and woefully inadequate. The training process was rushed and lasted barely 2 two full days. The training did not cover all of the types of scenarios encountered during the job and the managers were not receptive to questions.The company set parameters that hindered the data steward’s ability to finish tasks successfully. Metrics for success were lofty and difficult to achieve.Pay was insultingly low. Management was unhelpful and uncaring.Avoid this company.

Pros

Remote Work

Cons

Disorganized, low pay, poor management, inadequate training.

entrepreneurial fast paced environment, no jerks

Great work from anywhere policy. Highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. Management is very accessible, transparent non- hierarchical.

No WLB, people are good

My team is really busy but everyone in the team is supportive. The workflow here can be frustrating sometimes, take you a while to build and deploy. The pay is not good compared to the bad work life balance. I don't like the CEO

Pros

poor wlb

Cons

people are talented and supportive

Unorganized

I worked for veeva for about 3 months and they expect you to learn everything in 1 week then send you to work remotely. Mess up you get a write up !!!

Pros

Boring, low pay, no benefits, but low-stress

Supervisors are friendly, job is not stressful, but it is boring and there are no benefits. Everyone is employed through a staffing agency. It’s a good place if you’re just starting out.

Great Place to Regrouop in the Work Force

This job was a Great job the atmosphere was friendly a lil strict but open to change. This company was very understanding to personal life of its employees and helpful when u needed time off..The workplace environment was calm and relaxing and filled to max with plenty of work and projects were fun.

Poor management

Poor management. Run mostly by software developers versus business- minded individuals. Will be hard for them to scale do to zero people management skills

Excellent Company and Culture

Solid engineering! Great place to work. There isn't a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you live in California. And there is definitely an insular culture of favorites.

Doing meaningful work with great people

Veeva lives by doing the right thing and customer success, and it comes down from the CEO and even upper management. There is always a bunch of work lined up, and people work together to make impactful features for customers. Upper management is also very approachable, and takes time to try to get to know people, even the ones that may not be directly under them. Because we're customer success driven, there is definitely pressure to get things done on time, and people work more than average hours. Being on the Vault product line, the product itself has a lot of functionality, and is backed by a enormous code base. Because of this, it takes a few to many months before engineers become self-sufficient and productive employees. Overall, a fun and engaging environment to learn and doing meaningful work if you're willing to put in some extra time.

Great place to get things done, but opportunities to advance are scarce.

Great place to work and gain experience, and the people who work there are, for the most part, fun and interesting. You can work your tail off, take on side projects, go above and beyond at every step, and never get recognized or promoted. Promotions are very political; as are most things at Veeva.

Pros

Free lunch, flexible PTO, remote opportunity

Cons

Biased benefits package, No diversity, Not many opportunities to advance

Smart people, fun collaborative environment, healthy food options

I am excited to join Veeva Systems as a Principal Software Engineer for the Vault CDMS Team. En-route to building a product which has huge expectations from the market, the clients and the end users. A journey for me that started with eCommerce for many years has now shifted to enterprise cloud software. Raring to go and innovate, add value to the product and the team with my experience. #veeva #veevasystems #enterprisecloud I love the workplace culture and very chilled out people. They have very healthy food options along with free lunch, and everyone is very approachable. At times, you will find yourself having lunch with our CEO, and that's always a nice treat. Great game room and a nice place to relax with team mates. Opportunity to innovate, speak up your ideas and strategy, ability to approach anyone and discuss, welcoming team and a fun competitive place to be are on the top of my list. Best is yet to come !

Highly collaborate workplace solving interesting problems with strong growth potential

Veeva is a place that I feel I can grow my career for the foreseeable future. Every day brings new interesting problems, with a good mix of bugs and features. Whenever I have difficultly with a problem, I have a great set of reliable and communicative coworkers to discuss the problem with, which means I'm never fumbling around by myself. I've found management to be very supportive and knowledgeable, from both a technical and a management perspective. In my experience, they are always ensuring that I'm moving forward in my career and I'm put in the best position to succeed, whatever task I may be given.This support also shows itself in aggressive but realistic timelines, with a willingness to move things out if necessary. The company has grown a lot in the time I've worked here, and I feel that it will continue growing. I have had a lot of opportunities to professionally grow thus far, and feel that this will continue as my career progresses.

Pros

Good coworkers, strongly collaborate culture, supportive management, free lunch

Cons

401k matching could be more competitve

Good Workplace, Good People, Room to Grow

Average Day: Regular days for a developer involve a meeting or two, fixing some bugs, and working on a feature. You have an app area or two where you do most of your work, so you get pretty comfortable with your part of the codebase. You might still get assigned issues outside of your area but it doesn't feel as daunting because you can ask others about that area. Work: Hours hover around 40 a week and managers are pretty good about balancing workload. You can start work late or start early, work from home or come into the office, doesn't matter too much. As long as your work gets done and you can work with others when necessary its pretty much up to you how you want to do it. You do that consistently and you get recognition for it. Getting a promotion as a developer doesn't feel like a matter of politics its more about the work you do. Work Issues: No company is perfect and there's always going to be things that make the job more difficult. Getting your environment set up sucks. It's a large, old codebase with a lot of content over a wide array of areas you will know nothing about. There's the usual tribal knowledge. A PM promises something before a single line of code was written and it ends up rushing into a release. Things that are frustrating but ultimately fixable. With enough people working against these issues you prevent the worst of those aspects from taking root. Legacy code gets better testing and refactored. Tribal knowledge is documented. PMs wait until more concrete technical details are researched. There's always going to be setbacks but for all that it -

Pros

Great culture, good communication, interesting problems, free lunch

Cons

PM driven development, low 401K matching

Healthy work environment with good opportunity!!

Customer-focused and more emphasis on doing the right thing. Management is receptive of new ideas and willing to give employees an opportunity to try and succeed. With the pace, Veeva is growing everybody pays attention to quality as well. Best thing I like here is equal opportunity for women and often we kick off Women in Tech meetings internally with a good breakfast :)

Best job I've ever had

I've enjoyed working for every manager I've had in my time at Veeva. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and apply new technologies and skills. Every day is a new challenge, and the company is willing to take on even the "scary" challenges if it means keeping the product and people moving forward.

Good workplace for freelancers, good menagment

Veeva is an successful company, and it`s my pleasure to be part of this company. But I want to learn something new, for that I`m looking for another job

Common questions about Veeva Systems

Answered by current and former employees at Veeva Systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veeva Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Veeva Systems.
Powered byComparably

Compare Veeva Systems with

• Veeva Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?