Veggie Grill Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Customer Service Job with a friendly staff
BUSSER, CASHIER, SERVER (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJune 4, 2018
The Job consists of learning basic customer service, food safety, and dietary restrictions. It is a good first job with decent tips and flexible hours.
Great food and passionate people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 20, 2018
Very innovative food. Equipment and facilities are modern. Home office shows a lot of support. Restaurants are busy and popular. An all around cool place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Veggie Grill. Unfortunately the place I worked is now closed, but when I worked there the managers were very understanding and the other workers were amazing. There were a lot of regulars that made Veggie Grill a good place to work.
Pros
Great employee discounts, tips, good management
Veggie grill
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 6, 2018
It was okay i enjoyed working there but i needed room for advancement and i didnt neccesarilly recieve that i felt under payed for all the hours i worked. The food os good and over all a good company but i would not reccomend employment there
Pros
Fast pace tips
Cons
Treated poorly our needs were never met
Great older start up company
MANAGER OF ADMINISTRATION & OFFICE of CEO (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Work hard, play hard. Great company that's paying it forward by helping Americans decrease their carbon footprint by providing delicious, plant-based food.
Pros
people
Cons
location
Great food
Restaurant Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 21, 2017
they allways had fresh food that is made from great veggies. i like how the menu changes to new items every new season.........................................
Very fast paced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2017
Great company to work for they move at a high pace, great place foe vegan food for the guest so many options to choose from. Satisfaction of always taking care of the guest.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
better organization
Fast-paced, poorly maintained
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2017
My location was regularly understocked for shifts, we had one part-time prep cook, we were inundated with orders because along with customers from the store, we did to go orders from every single food delivery company existing in the area (at least 6 running at all times). Never more than 3 cooks working at a time. Regularly didn't leave the kitchen for an entire 10-hour day, except for emergency bathroom visits. Didn't take lunch breaks practically ever. Kitchen staff doesn't get tipped out and is expected to pay for food.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, way too much work, have to pay for food, literally no benefits whatsoever
Great Staff
Front Of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
Fun work environment all staff members got along. Non-college students typically worked lunch shifts and College students works the dinner shifts. Learned all the basics for working in the restaurant service industry.
Fun place overall
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 31, 2017
Overall it was a fun work environment only bad thing is management has a tough time separating friendship from being a manager often confused the t o and openly demonstrated favoritism and sometimes even picked on specific employees but it all seemed to be done at her convenience .
Pros
Good, healthy food
Cons
Price, and management
Fast paced environment that teaches the importance of balance.
FOH/ Cashier/ Busser (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day depends on however well the previous shift left you set up. Work load depends entirely on the random amount of people that decide to dine in during your shift. You must learn the urgency of completing tasks, balancing multiple responsibilities, and also helping out other team members in need. Management was okay at being lenient with schedule requests. The people weren't too about the vegan culture or the restaurant's goals. Hardest part of the job would have to be picking up the slack of absent members, or members who are busy helping any guests. It was enjoyable being able to help a restaurant run smoothly and deliver quality food that amazes guests.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted food, somewhat flexible schedules
Cons
Difficult to call off, high turnover rate, low pay
My Review
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  SeattleJuly 14, 2017
¥ Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons in dinning establishment

¥ Check with customers to ensure they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems

¥ Communicate with customers, resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction
Great workplace, amazing experience, vegan food !
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
This was one of the best work related experiences I obtained, veggie grill is a great company to grow with. Management was awesome and I learned a lot about customer service as well as leadership skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 13, 2017
Fun place to work where there is unique food items and business that makes the day go by. Good for highschool employees and non experienced individuals.
clean
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2017
great customers and great management is a busy store which is always good and high volume makes the day go back quit and you never have the feeling of ughh you have to go to work
management is learning the ropes to this new business
Server. Host. Buster. Dishwasher. Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 27, 2016
It is fun meeting all the people that try there hardest to manage veggie grill, but being understaffed was always a big issue. Casual dinning expects you to do so much.
Growing fast
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2016
This company is solid and invests a lot into it's growth. The only hard thing that makes the job hard is the constant turn over of staff and being micromanaged from the home office.
Pros
Excellent job culture and benefits
Cons
tedious and annoying redundant procedures
Fun family friendly Vegan Restaurant
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 11, 2016
Veggie Grill is an amazing family friendly restaurant that serves 100% Vegan cuisine. The food is hearty and healthy and I love that the menu changes seasonally.
Wasn't a good job for me
busser, dish, prep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 2, 2016
It was busy all mornings which is good cause time went by quickly. I learned how to work at a really fast paced environment. Learned how to think quicker on my feet. Management was kinda a mess. They didn't know what they were doing for the most part. kept messing up my schedule. Always complaining and making fun of others. Coworkers were ok. A lot didnt talk to me cause i dont spean Spanish. The hardest part of the job was working 6 days a week every week.The most enjoyable part was when i was able to interact with customers.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
6 day work weeks
One of the WORST decisions of my life.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
Where to begin? This company prides itself on being innovative, cutting edge, hip and courteous and it couldn't be ANYTHING further. The management is constantly confused and no one knows what's going on. The company's unofficial policy is "treat all employees as disposable and replaceable." It was a common occurrence that our manager leave gaping holes in the schedule, knowing well our busy periods, and the understaffing would obviously lead to complaints from guests and horrible yelp reviews, which the company swore by. I had seen NUMEROUS employees, both good and bad be terminated mercilessly because of some uninformed simpleton on YELP. The company as a whole was far too concerned with what others thought of them, as opposed to the wellbeing and working conditions of their employees. The ironic thing is that they make you call your coworkers team members but there is no team work going on at the VG. The higher ups and founders drift about their lives turning a blind eye to the unskilled and selfish people they put in control of their stores, and don't even reward you for waiting on them hand and foot, almost every day! If you want to sign up to be the free servant to a founder, and prepare intricate, custom, to-go orders for their families and friends, which they commonly and routinely place at peak volume hours, while their understaffed employees are trying to support the building from caving in with their very arms, then THIS is the job for you. I know minimum wage is a heated issue in our country at the moment, especially with regard to fast food employees.   more... It's this very experience that has made me EXCEPTIONALLY empathetic and understanding of why that is a good idea. Do yourself a favor and don't even put on the orange apron.  less
Pros
You could get a free lemonade if you were working?
Cons
Everything, from pant-based top to plant-based bottom.