Vein Clinics of America Employee Reviews

A decent place to work
Practice Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 23, 2019
I don't have anything positive or negative to say...it is a decent company to work for. I enjoyed my time there, learned a lot and met some really great people.
Focused on $ not patient care
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticMay 16, 2019
Management always changing - has no clue what they are doing. Only good at giving orders - in no way a team environment. Company sucks when it comes to patient care - only care about profits. Don’t care about patients or their employees. Good luck if you get a job here - be ready to get treated like a child.
May 22, 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Vein Clinics of America. We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you had a less than positive experience at VCA. We take your comments seriously and consider it an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to providing nothing less than a fully respectful, collaborative work environment to every individual who works at VCA. While Indeed reviews are anonymous, if you would be willing to privately share your phone number or email address we’d really like to learn more about your experience as we absolutely do care about all employees at Vein Clinics of America. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. You can reach out to us for that confidential exchange via email at VCACares@veinclinics.net, as we would very much like to contact you and learn more about your experience. Thank you again for taking time to provide your valuable feedback.

Work experience varies by location, very unorganized overall
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 6, 2019
Working here definitely opened my eyes to the direction healthcare has gone. It’s defintely more about making money, more so than actual health care. Though, I could have lived with that if it was the worst part of the job. I worked/covered 3 out of 6 locations in my district. The Area Manager was horrible and gossiped with the practice managers, causing many problems and animosity between workers, that trickled down, making everyone miserable. The AM would promise employees things such as travel pay or bonuses to get us to cover in a location, where yet another person quit, and when you ask for the money, would say she never said that. The AM would give huge bonuses, outside of regular pay to the practice managers to get everyone to make goal, but the actual staff who do they work get pennies, if anything at all. But the gossiping honestly was the worst part. Employees medical conditions, family life and personal lives were not private, and disclosed to other employees all too often. Bonuses, mileage, and travel time were never on your check on time. Sometimes would be added a month later

The techs pretty much are overworked, well the ones who are actually efficient. They take advantage of the hard workers. Because they pay techs higher for sonography than most places that can offer a 9-5 type schedule, they complain, but say they don’t leave because of this. Every other week someone quit, especially the office staff, and medical assistants.

Several employees were promoted after threatening to quit, just to keep them on board. And they weren’t even successful in
  more... their previous role. Peopled were hired/promoted out of desparity rather than good work ethic, and proven track record. Almost all Practice managers I’ve worked with have never been in a health care management role, and defintely abuses their role and not having to clock in an out because of being on salary. Some didn’t even come in or worked half of the day and did not have to enter PTO if the area manager didn’t know. I think many of the front office employees in my area just stay because they were under qualified when hired, and the pay is more than they would be paid for their actual qualification. But someone of us actually were qualified, but underpaid. I can say working here was like watching and being part of a circus.

I don’t believe this is necessarily how the company does business, but experience varies by location. I think when healthcare companies like this, that have many locations, core values often get lost.
, because upper management can’t actually spend time and really put strong roots into each location.

The online training materials/live video classes seemed to be thought out but poorly executed (human errors- poor grammar/badly worded quizzes), and inconsistent with what you are told in the Clinics, but the intention was there. And I did like that the manager of employees (can’t remember his position) but he was like the head boss over everyone, not just medical, seemed genuine. And if you sent an email to him or had an idea, he actually responded and/or directed you to someone who could put action to your idea or question.

Overall, I think if you get hired in a location with a strong, Mature and professional management team, and you can read between the lines with the training (meaning connect the corporate training with the very different in office training) this company could give you a comfortable 9-5 office job, but it’s defintely hit or miss.
Pros
Little or no weekends
Cons
Unprofessional, accrued PTO, constantly understaffed, poor middle management
May 22, 2019

Terrible Place to work
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2019
Terrible place to work, in the beginning it was great. Patient Coordinator position Over work under paid. Managers shows favoritism to certain employees They have there little clicks. They're bullies and need to be investigated.
Had to leave
ML (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 12, 2019
Typical day begins with how much money are you going to make today. The day ends reporting you could not make enough money to meet goals.

Patients feel employees discouragement for not meeting goals. Office staff pressured to make patients buy treatment, discouraged when patients cannot afford the high cost and opt out of treatment. Office staff is paid bonuses if patients buy high cost treatment, the pressure is on them daily. Sales is paid from doctor referrals which realistically cannot be met, so the company saves money by not paying for sales efforts. High turnover in sales.

There are good people that work there, most don't last long, those that stay are stressed....was this low paying job worth it? NO!

Most enjoyable part was seeing practices and the friendships I made. Hardest part was keeping sane amidst the craziness.

The new CEO needs to make changes.
Pros
free vein treatment
Cons
had to leave, impossible goals
February 20, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. Each employee at VCA plays a vital role in providing our patients with a positive experience. As a patient-centric organization dedicated to delivering world-class vein treatment, the health of every patient we come into contact with is our utmost priority. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to ultimately identify and address underlying conditions resulting from vein disease. Treating vein disease is very seldom a “one-and-done” procedure, and every patient is unique and different. So, depending on someone’s personal condition, there might be a wide range or average number of vein treatments needed after getting an estimate from a Vein Clinics of America network vein specialist.

We take great care to see if we work with the specific insurance plan of everyone who visits our clinics on their initial visit. For patients whose costs are not covered, we do offer a range of financing options so that financial concerns don’t stop our patients from getting the relief that they need.

Would you be willing to share your email address or phone number with us via a direct message or email (VCACares@veinclinics.net) so we can contact you to further discuss your concerns? Thank you again for your feedback. We consider every review and every piece of feedback valuable as it allows us to better understand your personal experience and where we might improve.

Worst place to work, underpaid, overworked
Medical liaison (Current Employee) –  DC Baltimore metroFebruary 9, 2019
DC/Balt sales manager never led a team, no management experience, has poor and inconsistent directions, High turnover in sales jobs, cannot attract top talent, pay and commissions too low for the DC metro area. Sales goals are set high so sales seldom reach goals, most of the sales reps never make goals. Daily focus is how much money have you made for company. No compassion for patients or employees. Endless reports with duplicate, triplicate data. Pointless weekly and monthly meetings that have no value to the job. Work long hours at low pay, cannot support family in this job.
Pros
Vein treatment
Cons
Difficult manager, low pay, poor working conditions, low morale
February 20, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. Each employee at VCA plays a vital role in providing our patients with a positive experience. As a patient-centric organization dedicated to delivering world-class vein treatment, the health of every patient we come into contact with is our utmost priority. The goals set by the company are to hold each employee accountable and enable VCA to provide the best patient experience possible.

it was for my family
Medical Biller and Collector (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Loyalty was not a strong suit of VCA...I made great lifetime friendships but employee turnaround was very high..Mistakes were not allowed and no excuses. Good not great atmosphere for a working place.
review
front desk (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA 22182January 9, 2019
Love this company, great team.
I only left to go back to school
team works well together
great hours
great benefits
great practice managers
work flow
Pros
teamwork
Cons
busy
The worst company ever
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
NO REGARD for patients or employees. Revenue is the only goal. Sickening company. Embarrassed that I worked there. Absolutely appalling!!!!!!!!!!
November 13, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Vein Clinics of America. We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you had a less than positive experience at VCA. We take your comments seriously and consider it an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to providing nothing less than a fully respectful, collaborative work environment, to every individual who works at VCA. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to be patient-centric while ultimately identifying and addressing underlying conditions resulting from vein disease for those who need it. As a team member, we strive to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee.

Good Company/ Stressful Environments
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 8, 2018
VCA pays very well across the board and does offer opportunities for advancement. They choose to fill roles from within first and offer ample training time. Depending on your position and location the job can be extremely stressful with long hours and some Physicians you work with are very arrogant and difficult to work with. Good company to learn and grow from as you are put in a lot of different situations.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Vein Clinics of America. We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you are having a less than positive experience at VCA. We take your comments seriously and consider it an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to providing nothing less than a fully respectful, collaborative work environment, to every individual who works at VCA. As a team member, we strive to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee while acting ethically at all times. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to be patient-centric while ultimately identifying and addressing underlying conditions resulting from vein disease for those who need it. Additionally, every physician considers the specific needs of every patient who visits a VCA clinic.

Where to Begin
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 27, 2018
It didn't take long to see that this company did not care about its patients or its employees. As long as daily goal was met- you were good. The schedule was jam packed and the U/S techs were overworked and often times forced to stay late without conferring with them. The issue with management is that the inconsistencies started from the top and trickled down through to the clinic level managers. If it wasn't for the paycheck, I would of left a while ago. I am in a high grossing clinic where we have been bonusing frequently and it makes a difference when supporting a family on one income. I just wish the management cared as much about its employees as it does the bottom line
Pros
Salary, bonus
Cons
Work-Life Balance, long days, unappreciative management
Not worth it
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 11, 2018
Over the years the company became appearant to care more about profits than patients. We are forced to do sales type training rather than patient education about the disease. Our scheduling was changed to overbook patients time making it more difficult for the ultrasound technologist to perform in a timely manner. The physician at my clinic was amazing and his work exceptional. It's the upper management that is out of touch with its employees. They prefer complacency over ethics. When you choose to not comply you are put at risk for termination. This company would rather follow the lie than believe a true, dedicated, patient concerned employee. I only stayed for the doctor.
Pros
Decent hours, weekends off, a few great doctors
Cons
Profit over patient, lies over truths
September 18, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Vein Clinics of America. We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you had a less than positive experience at VCA. We take your comments seriously and consider it an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to providing nothing less than a fully respectful, collaborative work environment, while being as responsive and communicative as possible, to every individual who works at VCA. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to be patient-centric while ultimately identifying and addressing underlying conditions resulting from vein disease for those who need it. As a team member, we strive to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee.

Run
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
This place is so worried about money, and never worries about employees. If you do not meet there money goals you will be let go. Management has no healthcare experience and does not care about anyone. The morale is low and the turn over is high.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Vein Clinics of America. We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you had a less than positive experience at VCA. We take your comments seriously and consider it an opportunity to evaluate and improve our commitment to providing nothing less than a fully respectful and collaborative environment to every individual who works at VCA. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to ultimately identify and address underlying conditions resulting from vein disease and, as a team member, we work to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee. As such, we would like to try and understand your perception of any agenda that does not conform to our beliefs and values and where you feel there is an issue with how employees are managed. While Indeed reviews are anonymous, if you would be willing to privately share your phone number or email address we’d really like to learn more about your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. You can reach out to us for that confidential exchange via email at VCACares@veinclinics.net, as we would very much like to contact you and learn more about your experience. Thank you again for taking time to provide your valuable feedback.

Friendly coworkers, overworked staff
Technologist (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 1, 2018
They overwork their ultrasound and medical assistants and treat patients as numbers. The schedule is extremely packed and only good for fast ultrasound techs that can do exams way under time limits. People stay because of the compensation and bonuses. Upper management knows nothing about how the clinical staff works and runs so there is a big disconnect between patient quality care and numbers for revenue goals.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Everything else
September 4, 2018

In a very difficult job market and you need to survive.... maybe?
ML (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 23, 2018
Poor management, poor sales model, silo’s are welcome! To be fair the pay is ridiculously low... and do not buy into commission/bonus plan they tell you about!
If you’re trying to get into medical sales use this as a first step.... not a good first step but if nothing else is available!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Just about everything else
August 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Vein Clinics of America. We take your specific comments about the work environment seriously as our Mission Statement and Values are focused on acting ethically while being patient-centric at all times. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to ultimately identify and address underlying conditions resulting from vein disease and, as a team member, we work to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee. We work hard to cultivate a team oriented work environment and are disheartened to hear that you feel silos are welcomed. While Indeed reviews are anonymous, if you would be willing to share your phone number or email address we’d really like to learn more about your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. If you would be willing to share your email or phone number with us via email at VCACares@veinclinics.net, we’d like to contact you and learn more about your experience

Great job
Medical Business Development Liaison (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 12, 2018
Very friendly staff and physicians. I truly felt part of a team that had zero drama and a high level of productivity. The corporate office held quarterly meetings and was transparent in its communications to the associates.
Very uncomfortable place to work, dysfunctional training process
Clinical Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 4, 2018
Company is very focused on converting a patient into buying more product. This is a very expensive treatment plan for most patients without the time spent to educate. If the time is spent, there is consequences from leadership. VCA will draw the most out of staff without proper conversation, discussion and/or compensation. The culture is very punitive with constant searches for who caused the error without regard for prevention. There is confusion as to job descriptions without regard for the contentment of the staff. VCA leadership is never within the clinics so they do not understand the product. There is an arrogance from the folks that lead, therefore minimizing the opinions of others.
Pros
There was none
Cons
Overworked, lack of understanding the patient
August 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Vein Clinics of America. We take your specific comments about the work environment seriously as our Mission Statement and Values are focused on acting ethically while being patient-centric at all times. The goal of Vein Clinics of America is to ultimately identify and address underlying conditions resulting from vein disease and, as a team member, we work to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth for every employee. While Indeed reviews are anonymous, if you would be willing to share your phone number or email address we’d really like to learn more about your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve. If you would be willing to share your email or phone number with us via email at VCACares@veinclinics.net, we’d like to contact you and learn more about your experience.

Former
Eligibility Coordinator/Prevarications (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 22, 2018
Nice company to work for nice people great pay, and benefits. Fast pace bur relaxed, all around good people kind and friendly. Wouls recommend ro work here.
Summary
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2018
This company definitely need to work to have personal touch to the employee .. Listen to people issues, improved they health insurance benefits. and stop over worked Sonographers...
Pros
holiday pays, people.
Cons
healthcare, management, bonuses, schedules
I would not recommend working here
Sales (Former Employee) –  USAMay 22, 2018
Management does not care about employees OR patients. Short-sighted and poor communication. No direction given. Unfair bonus structure and low salary. Upper management does not know what is really happening "on the ground" and makes uninformed decisions. Will not listen to employee input.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vein Clinics of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight