VEIT Employee Reviews

Management not held accountable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 3, 2018
Management at this company are the first to to tell you you are not doing your job while leaving out they do not offer any clear direction. The last 6 months that I worked here there was a very intense workplace culture. On a weekly basis people were either turning in their notice or getting let go. Management did not rehire these peoples position instead divvied out those jobs to others until some of them even left. Most of the office staff are great hard working people that are great to work with.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management does not have goals/direction set in place for employees.
A little too far away from the metro to use metro concepts
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDJune 9, 2016
Union Specialty Contractor based in Minnesota. Union requirements make it a challenge to estimate competitively in a down market of ND.
Pros
Minimum leadership
Cons
Minimum Leadership
VEIT and Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Usually long work hours when work is good, sun up to sun down. Operation of various heavy equipment or laborer duties for the task at hand that day. Maintain tools and equipment in good working order, with daily pre- and post- inspections. The company has a safety hero program set in place. Discussing potential hazards at the being of shift and moderating safety throughout the day, recognizing safe acts and unsafe procedures. To ensure the safety of all personnel. There are strict deadlines and time sensitive schedules to ultimately ensure the success and money for the company. High attention to detail is a must with site blue prints, grades, and other workers in the area. The ability to show up to work on time, adhere to the work schedule, flexible hours with traveling, is a part of day to day operations.
You must be capable of adhering to the policies and rules set forth by the Company. Problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure, are good qualities to bring to the job site. Seeing other states and working with small groups of people I would say is the most enjoyable part of the job. Just myself am not looking to travel anymore.
Pros
benefits, work environment, staff
Cons
travel, seasonal
Great people. Very professional and safety oriented .
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 21, 2016
It's a group of professional go getters. Never worked in a better team atmosphere. The pay is good and the benefits are exceptional. The management is well connected with the employees and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Top notch
Pros
Great work atmosphere. Excellent management.
Cons
None so far
A professional organization made up of well trained employees.
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDDecember 22, 2014
Veit Co. will get the job done on time and without incidents or injuries to employees. This organization is dedicated to professional ethics and safe work practices.
Pros
High level of Integrity in the Supervisor positions
Cons
Strict project policy enforcement
Great company
LABORER (Current Employee) –  St paul park, MNSeptember 24, 2013
Veit is a good company I have worked with them for years. My typical day is work sleep and work and sleep. The refinery in St Paul Park is currently shut down, while we are cleaning and preparing it to run again. Crude oil started on fire day before yesterday and so we have been working on it to get it going again.
Veit is a great company they have treated me just fine.
Pros
Good company
Cons
no cons
This was my best job! Great work and pay
Union Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNNovember 26, 2012
I was on a crew of industrial clean up, oil spills, tank cleaning confinded space, vac truck support. Great people.
Pros
pay
Cons
never home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VEIT. Our community is ready to answer.