VELOCITI Employee Reviews

Little to no management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2018
Velociti is a good place to work do not expect anything but to go out and work everyday. There is little to none supervision raises are good just need better benefits. I enjoyed working with the company I would have never left the company, The problem for me is that if you need to take off a day you do not get paid for it.
Cons
Benefits are limited and very expensive
Contracting work can be ....
Contracted Wi-Fi Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOJanuary 17, 2018
The project I was contracted to work on was not clearly defined and there was no training mechanism. I attempted to instruct other contractors or offer my knowledge, but this was not appreciated or considered. Seems like a nice place to work under certain circumstances or criteria that I did not meet. Several regular employees expressed their discomfort and desire to leave.
Pros
Very nice facility
Cons
Social Tension, Disgruntle Employees, Organization, Training, Locker Room Culture
Great Culture
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed the people and the culture. Fun and relaxed place to work. Many people have made life long careers here and it's easy to see why. They work with you as best they can to keep you around.
Wide variety of project experience
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Velociti. It was a fantactic experience working for a great staff and under great management. There is a wide variety of project experience, so the work was never boring.
Not Impressed
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at Velociti was being managed by someone who had no business being a manager. I learned how to treat somebody if I dont agree with their work style and how to be ignored. Management was a family thing. The only way you got promoted is if you knew somebody.
Pros
hours
Cons
working there
Mobile Vehicle Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 13, 2016
Kept you working a much as you wanted to work and also got to go see most of the country because how much you get to travel.
Good company
Senior LAN WAN Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2016
Company was good to work for until contract expired.
100% Travel no problem.
Designed and installed wifi systems.
Great team
Despite having graduate degree was not considered for management advancement.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Expenses
Amazing company that takes care of its employees first
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO and Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
I have been employed with Velociti Inc. for over four years, and 75% of that employment was spent in a mobile capacity. I have four children, and if ANYTHING happen that required my presence at home, it was never questioned by the company. The leadership understands the nature of our industry, and they ensure that the employees have everything that they need to be safe, efficient, and productive.
Pros
Amazing culture, work place flexibility, Success is based on productivity
Solid Company
Mobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MONovember 16, 2015
A solid company to work for and they give you a lot of support in the field. They trust you to get the job done and they don't micro manage you. The down side to this is that you don't get to see your upper levels managers much and one don't really get to know the guys in the office well.

You get the opportunity to travel nationwide and sometime beyond. The work environment varies depending on the customers location which means you may work inside a warehouse or outside in a quarry.
Pros
Travel, company vehicle, credit card, computer, phone.
Cons
A lot of travel
Amazing company with solid family values
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2015
The thing I wish to highlight is their willingness to ensure that I have access to my family from anywhere in the country. If I needed to go home for any form of emergency, there was never any questions. They made sure I was there when I needed to be.

Want to know more about VELOCITI?

Ask a question
Per Deim
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2014
Short contracts
Not much management feedback to employees
Short notice for work contracts
Extremely talented colleagues; bad Work/Life Balance
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 19, 2014
I started Velociti as a traveling wireless technician. The position requires 90+% travel. I held that position for 7 years before switching into the role of a systems engineer. The reason for the switch was to travel less and have a more well rounded work/life balance. Management promised me this position as a "work from home" position, where I would be remotely supporting techs in the field, creating installation documentation, creating training materials, and training new hires. Since becoming a systems engineer, I have been traveling about the same amount as I was when I was a technician. Mostly to install and manage pilot projects for new business. The work is very enjoyable, but the travel is starting to wear on me, which is why I am in search of a similar position with a different company that can provide me with less travel. Although Velociti is a company that requires extreme amounts of travel to be successful, I enjoy my time with the company. My colleagues are extremely talented and the projects that I am involved in keep me interested and motivated. If they can figure out a better way to manage the schedules of technicians to provide them with more time at home, then Velociti would be a great fit.
Pros
Many opportunities to grow my knowledge in IT
Cons
Very extreme travel requirements
Various Wireless Projects Throughout Texas
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 1, 2014
I was a resource for wireless cutovers throughout Texas.
I have a also done a Houston wireless cable install.
I worked a NikeTown project setting up the screens for the Trial Zone in Las Vegas and Manhattan.
Pros
Travel, Good Pay
Productive and laid back.
Call Center Administator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Velociti is a great empliyer to work for. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my short time with the company very much.
Due to my personal circumstances conflicted my schedule.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
benefits are pricey
Fair pay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2012
Physically and mentally challenging, must like travel and heights
Pros
pay
Cons
management
100% Travel position, 6 day work week, great position for a single hard working individual.
Network Administrator, RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 30, 2012
Technology deployment throughout the enterprise while traveling 100%. I loved the work I was performing throughout my tenure at Velociti, however the hours and travel were quite demanding.

I came into Velociti with little wireless experience and left an experienced wireless engineer. I had exposure to both Motorola/Symbol (WiNG) and Cisco (IOS). Both centrally controlled, and autonomous platforms deployed in every environment imaginable.
Pros
great per diem, travel the world
Cons
no time for personal life, away from home for months at a time, compensation.