Velocity REOS, Inc

Velocity REOS, Inc Reviews with Jobs

United States33 reviews

Velocity REOS, Inc insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Flexible, but poor compensation

Time and days are completely flexible. Compensation often does not cover the cost of driving to and from a job! In California, where we are currently paying $4.70 per gallon, a typical $8.00 job often does not offset the roughly $0.65 per mile in total vehicle expenses for the round trip drive. A job 7 miles away (14 mile round trip) will cost about $9.00 in travel expenses, but for a single $8.00 job, you are actually losing money!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Compensation

Could be better. Easy work... when it's available.

Whenever I receive notifications for new work orders, I accept them immediately. Most of what I have done so far has been exterior photos, usually 3-5 photographs of homes throughout the city. I am able to take the photos and upload them using my phone. Their website is mobile friendly, so the upload process is very simple. They pay you every Friday for the week prior as long as you have a minimum of $28 worth of invoices, if you have less than that, they'll pay you on the first Friday of the following month. I haven't had an issue with getting paid. Also, I can turn my availability on and off from my dashboard on the website, which is convenient. I also like how I usually get notifications for new orders early in the morning, so I can plan my day.I was a bit disappointed after I went through the signup process and found out that there's not much work in my area. The advertisement for the gig was very misleading in that regard. However, I've learned through experience that many companies will often exaggerate the truth about the workload and pay when they're looking for contractors. Based on the ad, I was thinking I'd make a few hundred dollars a week. I've contracted with them for roughly 6 months now and have made just shy of $200. I think my best week so far has been about $57. Fortunately, I contract for other companies, so I can usually squeeze these in between other work orders. Still, it's nowhere near as lucrative as I'd hoped it would be. I average about 1-2 work orders a week. It usually takes a few weeks for me to meet the $28 minimum to get paid that Friday, so -

Pros

Very flexible Most work orders are not complicated Easy upload process

Cons

Low pay Not many work opportunities

Management is always quick to respond

I work for several field inspection companies but Velocity is extremely thorough from their site app to just day to day turnaround times. Great experience!!

Pros

Work consistent and clear instructions

Cons

It’s a great job however at times the pay can be pretty low and currently there’s very little work in my area

I enjoy working with velocity. It doesn’t take away from your personal life and you can definitely work another job while being employed with this company. The pay can sometimes be rather low, and it’s also difficult to get jobs in my area. I enjoy the work, but I just wish there was more to do in Savannah Georgia and I would appreciate a higher compensation.

Pros

Choose your own tasks, clear instructions, supportive management.

Cons

Sometimes the pain can be rather low, and there is very little work in my area.

Freedom of being outdoors

Velocity Reos is a well paid and easy to work for.The company pays well for taking and uploading pictures of residential properties. You get a 30 hour time frame to complete the job. I enjoy completing tasks that I receive from them I recommend working for this company.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Job seekers rely on your experience.

No support or understanding

I had car issues and a large number of my “lates” were from a single day. I had close to 400 successfully completed assignments and 19 of those marked late. Most of these paid $7-$9 per assignment. I Was terminated after taking a few weeks off to get moved and purchased a new car. So much for making your own schedule right? Great gig for bottom of the barrel work and zero support or understanding from management. Do yourself a favor and invest your time in another company.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything. It cost me money to work for them.

Velocity REOs has been good to me

I have been working at velocity for close to two years. This position is flexible, but it does require you to be available during the day and it does require time commitment, which, of course, is expected and not a surprise. I receive orders for photos on properties, during the week, via text message, which is very convenient. I try to respond to these orders by accepting and submitting photos as soon as I can. If I have a planned trip on the weekend or need to be away for a week during the Summer I place myself on “unavailable”. What I like about this position is that you can choose, from the couple of dozen photo job selections that Velocity REO offers. For example, you can choose from the zip codes you are willing travel to or focus on real estate related photos as opposed to photos for vehicles. Keep in mind that the more flexible you are and the quicker you respond to and submit orders the better you position yourself to receive more orders. This position is not complicated, but I would encourage you to read their work order instructions carefully and follow their directions closely. If you response to a work order quickly and provide the required 8 photos, say, as they instructed and submit these photos quickly and are able to repeat this process in a consistent manner you will do well in this position.Payment for the week is received on time every time and transferring money from PayPal to my bank is quick and easy. I enjoy taking interior/exteriors photos of properties and have enjoyed working for Velocity REOs. I think this position will suit photographers that are -

Positive communication and chain of command from top to bottom.

Positive relationships built and growth capabilities. Positive communication and chain of command from top to bottom. I have worked for Velocity REOs,inc for 3 years. I like it because I am able to pick the Zip codes  near my home. They do offer other Zip codes that will pay more. I am paid weekly and have never had a problem. The only downfall is it has slowed down.

Pros

If I have to take off for the day or a week. All I have to do is check the box unavailable.

Cons

It has slowed down.

very professional place to work for.

Very easy company to work for. Fast response when help needed. Flexible schedule. You work when work is available do it in a timely manner and you get more work. Most jobs are small but they add up and don't take a lot of time to complete. You are given plenty of time to complete a asignment. This is not a full time job but a nice supplement to my other work. I enjoy the travel and get to see thing I would never have had the chance to see. I also enjoy the interaction with the people I meet along the way. I'm a good people person.

Pros

Open schedule giving me time to do other things

Cons

I would love to have more work but feel I get what they they have available

I enjoy the work

The pay does fluctuates. I use this as part time. I don't like it when I'm sent to fifteenth sides of town in the same day but that's rate. The job is easy

Pros

Good extra pay. Easy work

Cons

Some people have issues with you taking pictures of their house

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Velocity REOS, Inc?

Sparse jobs

I made less than $600 last year with them. The jobs are not very consistent. Otherwise it's a fun contract job but don't rely on this work for your income.

Don’t waste your time, $42/week.

● OverallMy experience working at Velocity REOS, Inc Not a terrible side job, but there are much better ways to earn money. After driving, fuel, wear on car you aren’t even making minimum wage on most jobs. No communication from management whatsoever. I was abruptly terminated and cheated out of my last completed job ($9). The reasoning listed on my termination email “excessive late orders” even though my jobs were routinely completed same day. Don’t waste your time with these people.

I LOVE working for Velocity REOs

They don't pay great - an average of $8 per assignment. However, I love the flexibility and consistent work. The fact I don't have to work under micromanagers or deal with work "politics" makes the low pay WELL worth it. They are SUPER supportive, friendly, and helpful. I have two Master's degrees and would MUCH rather do this BPO work consistently than work in my stressful field where I feel 100% underappreciated and 100% overworked. Even after an extended time of working with Velocity REOs, I still get SUPER excited whenever I get an assignment.

Easy jobs, Easy Pay

Work is sparse but I keep myself extremely doing mortgage inspections and insurance inspections. Only draw back was interior REO's and trying to get Real Estate agents to cooperate

Pros

Easy work and good pay.

Cons

I was abruptly terminated, for not completing and order that I had called upon, and told them I could not submit do to a lack of Internet.

Outstanding

This is the Best job ever very leaniat with schedule reasonable pay for what you do gets you out and about the fayetteville area let's you know what's going on in the housing market just not enough money to count on for paying bills.

Good place to make a quick buck.

Not always a lot of work but enough to form a good supplement. Pay varies a lot but is usually fair. I like getting orders from these guys and wish that i could get more of them.

Completely atomated work orders to accept or decline, ability to be available or unavailable to accept photo jobs, traffic can impede max profit

Ok so some days theres only a few job for simple set outside 7 pictures of a house which can pay anywhere from $5 to $15, they do try and keep them relatively close for speed and max earning potential by being able do as many of these as possible in one day the truth is you have a set amount of hours for each job order and traffic can cause you to be out on the road for 10 hours leaving you uploading some Picture sets late. It's almost like UBER for Real Estate and financing photography on the run. They don't take taxes out, you do it yourself, and I really think the timeline turn around from acceptance of jobs to their deadlines can be in some cases ultra unrealistic especially in big cities where traffic will slow you down big time and it's winter so the sun goes down by 4 pm. I almost compare it the rates bike messengers make, doing a million runs each one low price but quantity kinda helps out. JUST BE AWARE OF THE USING OF YOUR GAS, MILAGE, TOLLS AND TIME. factors like traffic that slow you down will make alot of your deadlines late. Through PayPAl they Pay every friday and so far for 3 days work I earned $330 minus 30% I take out for taxes and two tanks of gas costing about $42 each so take home was about $210 for 3 days of working 8 to 1214 hours including quick edits and packaging for uploads to their site I also put about 243 miles on my car doing this.. Really get to know your camera setting so that you take no more than 3 stops of each required photo for the set, being a professional I mostly get em in one shot. I think they should pay at least $15 bucks for their -

It’s okay

Great depending on where your located if your not in a great location to receive lots of photo evaluations it’s not great. Doesn’t replace a full time job

Very unprofessional and underpaying company!

I started working for Velocity REOs later last year and my experience has showed me this company is unprofessional and very invasive of people property. One day I was tasked to take pictures of a house that the owner didn’t consent to and wasn’t comfortable with. They told me if I don’t still take the pictures I was fired, so I took a break from the company. Recently, I tried to make a new account months later and they called me deceitful for making another account. They said I was trying to break their policy and deleted my new account without warning. This company doesn’t deserve your time.

Easy side job for extra money.

Its like they state when you are applying. You may get 1 task in a week or month, you may not get any tasks for a week or month or maybe get 10 in a day.

Pros

It's easy money.

Cons

It's not constant work.

Great job, but not enough work

I love the ability to receive assignments when I'm available. Only downfall is that there isn't a tremendous amount of leads in my areas. I will continue to contract with velocity forever. It's great when there's adequate work and they pay promptly.

Pros

Direct deposit, freedom, giving your opinion and it counts

Cons

Not enough assignments in middle Florida

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Velocity REOS, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Velocity REOS, Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?