Velocity Employee Reviews

The Job Experience
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I feel it was good work and very physical. I learned how to follow instructions and take work seriously. The work place was very active, full of enthusiasm and energetic. The hardest part of the job was the confusion between the workers on completing a task. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together as a team, enjoying lunch and going home with a smile on your face knowing you going to get paid.
Pros
Pysical work
Cons
confusion between the People
Great Starting Position for IT Career
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJanuary 19, 2018
You will gain a vast amount of experience! You will also learn to multitask, do the impossible, and make your customers and CEO/CTO happy.

If you are looking for a career builder, this is THE place to start. You will gain vital experience in troubleshooting networking equipment and assisting customers.
Pros
Great experience, great training
Cons
Upper management is not very realistic
cut throat company
Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2018
A few employees were good to work with but several were $16 per hour people. Their attitudes reflected just that & management would not correct it. As far as learning a new skill that worked out but at a terrible experience.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bad management / employees with poor attitudes
great work place
Tier 1 agent (Current Employee) –  Holland, OH 43528January 9, 2018
i love working with the people fun environment the most enjoyable thing is the people and i love the management they understand and work with you no matter what your situation.
typical work day
Audi service lot technician (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJanuary 8, 2018
Have to be to work at 6:45 AM set up the shop get the shuttle vehicles ready to take customers wherever they need to go and make sure loaners are cleaned out for customers also.
Pros
Drive around nice cars, meet new people learn about them
Cons
I never worked for Velocity a company
Never worked at Velocity (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 5, 2017
The Indeed engine is forcing me to add a review for a Project title of Velocity with no option to opt out. I never worked for Velocity so you're on your own.
Pay is slave wages
at home data entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2017
I have worked for multiple companies that is on a pay per piece type of job. This is ridiculous. The pay is absolutely horrendous. I type about 65 wpm and I was lucky if I was coming in at $5 an hour. I suppose it is better than nothing if you are desperate to make some cash. But there are other places to work for on a piece basis and you dont have to waste your gas to go pick up the work.
Pros
work when you want, at home
Cons
horrendous pay
Bad work environment
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 23, 2017
It was just a bad work environment . From the managers talking to grown men like kids to unpaid money do the drivers from the jobs that were completed
Hostile work place, High Turnover.
Network Operations Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 31, 2017
Hostile work place, high turnover, an inordinate amount of yelling for an office environment, supervisors quit via Skype in the middle of a shift without giving notice. People were afraid to give 2 weeks notice.
Pros
Entry Level Experience
Cons
Expected to work breaks
Good entry level position to learn about networking
NOC Tier One Tech / Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 25, 2017
A typical workday at Velocity involves monitoring and assisting customers to keep their networks functioning. This requires good communication both with the customer and troubleshooting skills of the agent assisting the customer.

What I have learned at Velocity that if you strive to be as good as you can and learn as much as you can you will achieve your goals and move up.

The workplace culture is clean and everyone helps each other out.

The hardest part of the job is trying to solve the unknown for a network being hard down due to uncontrollable circumstances such a weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job is casual Friday's and having pot luck once a month.
Pros
Good place to begin a technical career.
Cons
Difficult to advance in postions.
Fast paced, fun enviroment
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 20, 2017
Its cold calling Telemakerting, you make poor wage unless your really good at selling stuff,dont meet numbers your fired, bosses are cool, cussing ok.
Pros
Free stuff in breakroom, everyone cusses
Cons
Low pay, cold call telemarketing, owner treats employees like bad
Nice new company vehicles and trailers
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 23, 2017
i was not from the area so the scenery was nice on a lot of the sites. they dont allow a lot of overtime so that was a bummer for me. i would return to work with them
Easy work
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 18, 2017
Tend to children while parents work out, sometimes 15 kids or so, sometimes none. There is two shifts of 9-12 and 3-7 Monday through Friday and one morning shift on Saturday of 9-12. Never see the manager/owner. The hardest part of the job is not falling asleep while you're sitting there for hours with no children.
Pros
You don't have to do anything
Cons
No benefits
Productive place to work, nice people to there as well
President (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
The CEO needs to understand the business world a little better. You can't hire and fire people weekly, it is difficult to build culture when people are scared they will be fired.
Human resources
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 2, 2017
Enjoyed the experience being able to interact with others. I enjoyed helping people and learning new things. I enjoyed the location. Everything was close
Zoo but Cool
Carrier Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 24, 2017
No structured training program because they throw you to the wolves, literally. He's the boss, the wolf. But he's cool too. I learned so much working here and it was a very dynamic environment. Fun and family atmosphere. But they are serious about you being the best you that you can be. If you're a slacker you will feel it and they will ride you hard to get you to straighten up or get out. My work/life balance was off because I had serious obligations at home. As the result, the job became more stressful than it was worth. The compensation for such a demanding and "high profile" position was poor. Unless, you have a degree, you will not feel well compensated working there. But if you want to work somewhere you love going to every day, check them out! I miss it but not really.
Pros
free food, wonderful people, exciting industry, honest people
Cons
brutal training program, poor planning, some verbal abuse (really)
Fast paced, stressful
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 20, 2017
You'll get trained poorly and expected to perform to near perfect levels. There are a lot of protocols that will not be mentioned nor discussed but expected to be upheld by you as an employee. You will more thank likely do more than what your job description entails.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
High Pressured, Fast paced
Great place to work. Busy & productive.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at velocity as a employee. The people I worked with were all respectful & well mannered employees. It was a very clean and well manged place of employment. It was very busy and fast paced work. I was overall very satisfied.
Volleyball
CLUB VOLLEYBALL COACH (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2017
I loved this job because I was able to do what I loved. The girls and families were amazing and everyone worked so hard. The money was never an issue because it does not matter when you love something.
very volcal
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
They work at Velocity very well together and do their job as needed. The job training went very well and I got the hang of things very quickly. Its a good working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Velocity. Our community is ready to answer.