VELODYNE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
New building
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2018
Very fast paced and stressful environment. Priorities were always changing and because of poor management a lot of work was not being completed on time. I learned that in testing and validation you need to more than 100% sure that your data is collected in the most perfect and precise way. You must be able to prove your case if something is not the way it is expected to be.
it was okay, great at times but, i got laid off
Manual Alignment Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 31, 2018
It was a diversity of people that worked there as temps. All with great attitudes but whilst i was there pretty long as a temp employee majority of staff got laid off.
Pros
holiday meals, option to work
Cons
lack of communication throughout the whole facility
No clear lead
Facility Coordinator/PA to the CEO (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2017
Employees are really nice and easy to work with. Vice President for the company has no respect for the works that are not family or that does not report directly to her. The job is very confusing no directions from management.
Pros
The facilities guys are nice and easy to work with.
Cons
No direction from direct management
Fun place at first but really just a launching pad to better career opportunities
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 3, 2017
At first everything will seem great and fun. The people are great and often enjoyable to work with. Management and particularly ownership begins to show its true side after a short time working at the company. A lot of engineers start at the company and leave as soon as other opportunities become available. No idea whether this has to do with not enough challenge, pay or something else. But rarely do the engineers hired stay long.
enjoyed working in thier clean room
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMarch 8, 2016
my typical daywas good everyday we knew what we had to do know waiting around. co-workers where good trained me on what I had to learn and were very polite. Mangement was okay he acknowledged u daily. Hardest lpart of job was when they moved me out on floor and had whined small gauge wire in housings.
Pros
got to have head phones with music
Like on job
Optic Laser Tech Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill Ca 95037August 6, 2013
-All 5 days
-New technical
-Excellent
-Not team work
-Communication
-Keep busy
Pros
Good cake every birthday's month
Cons
Short break