Ventech Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Low-Stress and Casual Environment
Security Analyst and ESRD Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 6, 2018
I started as a temp which is typical for most companies nowadays. As it happens with most people here, as long as you show up and perform satisfactorily, you're usually offered a full-time position. I have been here since May of 2016 and have been happy with how laid back it is. The company is still small enough that we all know one another but it is growing rapidly. We have ping-pong, pool, a Wii console and board games in the break room. We have annual picnics and quarterly pizza days.

Ventech is on its fourth year of a 10 year contract working with CMS. After which we'll either renew our contract or move to some other line of similar business.

Getting that contract meant meeting certain conditions. Since Ventech is still a relatively small company it was neccessary to partner with other sub-contractors. Those are Telesis and Mindseeker. I am part of Telesis but we are all intermingled in the same building.

There has been some concern regarding the fact that Ventech employees receive more significant raises at annual review time than their Telesis and Mindseeker counterparts. From what we've been told this is because Ventech takes priority for funding. That reason hasn't done much to placate concerns, however, it still pays the national average.

The benefits to cost a bit more than at other companies. Mine alone come to something like $110 per paycheck. That includes dental, vision and health.

If you don't already work here starting as a temp the hiring process is a pain. I recommended someone here and they were too slow. The person waited 3 months with
  more... little response. He'd get an interview then wait a month. Then a second interview then wait a month. Finally, he gave up.

Overall though, I would say that I've been very happy here. It's so low stress that I'm reluctant to go anywhere else unless the opportunity is really good. Though I've got to be honest, the pay is not keeping up with the cost of living at the moment. I'm applying for another position within the company but the hiring process is again slow. Even internally. But I'm already in the door. They know where to find me so I'm willing to wait. I know it takes long.
Pros
Low-Stress, Casual Environment, Friendly, Fast Growing
Cons
Benefits cost more, Slow hiring process, Pay raises are not equal to performance between different contracts.
Toxic culture
Tier 1 Help desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 8, 2018
The company wasn't committed to the right employee's. The lack of consistency became a huge issue once new staff from the outside were brought into the company.
Turn them down
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 3, 2018
The pay was alright and there was overtime offered. Many complained the mandatory overtime was too much or the material was confusing, or the training wasn't long enough but once I was on the floor I did well and didn't complain.

I went on to see people I sat with to learn the job, quitting the same day I listened to their calls, most people from my training class quit or got disposed of. There were dozens of other temps who showed up late, didn't work the mandatory overtime, were rude to or misinformed customers, but still kept their jobs. I was told by HR I would be hired within 90 days. That's the only reason I took the job - instead I was fired just hours after the submission deadline which marked the end of their busy period.

There are the new age social justice warriors who are offended by anything who work here, employees who will smoke a joint right outside the building, and other low-brow employees who are all still gainfully employed.

The typical pay for a phone rep is 16/hr. If you can find something as a direct hire or similar pay elsewhere I recommend it, because Ventech will fire any employee worth keeping. Most training classes see 90% of the employees fired or quit within six months. The turnover rate is higher than any place I've ever worked.
Pros
They offer fruit, otherwise bring a lunch
Cons
The whole job is a con
High stress low appreciation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Work very early to very late. No overtime, no appreciation, managers disrespectful to employees. Most are innocent non-citizens. Work long hours with no hope of advancing. Minimal raises.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Everything else - there is no hope
Biased
Infrastructure Problem Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the location was great and the dress code was relaxed. We were able to work from home 4 out of 5 days.
My direct management was the pits. Working under this person sucked the life out of me and made me a person I did not want to be around. Made me feel like nothing. Let me go for a skill that I never said I had when I was hired. I was in the middle of classes when she fired me.
I never really had any direct reason to reach out to upper management, but they would come down every so often and have live meetings with the company.
Pros
Decent pay, benefites, 401k, work from home, coffee and snacks provided in the office.
Cons
My manager was the dragon lady - terrible person
Not Necessarily 'People First'
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2017
Ventech has been an interesting place to work. My personal experience with Ventech has not been to bad, however I've seen them treat other employees very poorly. They work the web developers to death and pay them a pennies compared to what they are worth. They don't value certain teams in the company as much as others and they preach 'people first' but fire anyone who doesn't agree with them or whose job they don't see as 'vital.' In the past month I've witnessed 10+ people fired, then the president sends out an email explaining how much better Ventech is without them.

They spend tons of money on things that don't benefit them and then wonder why they are losing money. Management is so stuck in their ways and refuse to listen to anyone that does't agree with them.

I'd say the only pros for me would be my coworkers, they are awesome. Ventech also offers free snacks and is generous when it comes to team outings and events.
Pros
snacks, healthy environment, team outings
Cons
poor management, poor money management skills
Very poor management with loads of internal issues
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 9, 2017
Ventech tries hard to make it a fun work environment but all they do is talk the talk. The employees that get the most recognition are the ones showing up late and doing half their work while the ones putting in overtime and showing up early are disregarded. I would not recommend working here to my worst enemy. The turn around rate is very high and still increasing.
Pros
401k match, wellness reimbursement
Cons
Poor management, poor problem solving, very slow to get things done
Contractor for DCMA
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2017
Ventech solutions was a great contract company to work for but the company I contracted with (DCMA) was even better with the work environment and people
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Wasn't a government employee
fun work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  VAMay 30, 2017
Very busy workplace, multiple projects to handler, you can relax and enjoy a break with the pool table or ping pong table. The problem is no communication from upper level management
This place is not a good company
Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 17, 2017
Training was all over the board, was not well put together. The management is not empathetic at all. They do not want to see you succeed. The culture of the place is really good at first, until you get on your own and didn't have proper training and then you feel like you cant swim in shallow waters.

Want to know more about Ventech Solutions Inc.?

Ask a question
Developed totally new strategies on my career
Jr. Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
Relaxed work environment, Working with Big Data staff is great, and learning experience was tremendous as a Hadoop Developer. Usually good and supportive senior management.
just another small contractor not going anywhere
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 12, 2017
Underbids on projects. Does not value employees. Long hours. Not open to feedback. No respect for and high turnover of employees (no one stays long). Upper management layer insulates itself from any criticism, no interest in hiring competent employees, work environment marked by in-fighting, incompetence, disrespect, blame and evasion of responsibility.Always hear of the "new growth," however, there is no real interest in becoming a bigger or better company.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
see review
Technical writer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2016
What struck me most when I first started working at Ventech was the positive company culture. Employee input is valued and encouraged which is a huge part of why morale is so good here. There are also multiple company sponsored healthy living initiatives, training, gym membership perks etc.
Pros
The breakroom is always stocked with free healthy snacks
Cons
Owner did not wish to pay taxes and I did not want to be a partner in tax evassion
H.R./Controller & Admini OperMgr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2012
Ventech is a business that has GREAT placement here in Columbus but when the owner refusses to pay business tax and is protected by imigration and diplamatic immunity, my professional ethics where at risk.
Pros
great professional contact w/ companies in ohio.
Cons
hurting the american economy, it's employees