Venterra Realty Employee Reviews

Don't work for Venterra
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Strange group of people head this organization, they want you to drink the Kool-Aid and completely accept their views and visions, you are not entitled to have an opinion so don't attempt to make anything different or better.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Leadership
March 7, 2019

While we appreciate you taking a few moments to share your thoughts, we're disappointed that your time on the team resulted in a negative takeaway like this.

Although programs like our employee surveys and Better Way initiative are intended to allow employees to voice their opinions freely and our Experience Leaders are expected to make good on our Leader Promise that employees "will have a voice," we also understand there can still be times where we might fall short and have an employee feel their opinion isn't valued.

With this in mind, we do offer third party service EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS) so that employees (current and former) can anonymously report issues they might not be comfortable bringing up in person.

We'd like to encourage you to contact us via the service so we can get details on your specific circumstances. This will allow us to work to prevent the same issues from being felt by employees on the Venterra team now or in the future. Thank you again for the feedback.

Good Benefits, Fun Events, Unreasonable Expectations
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2018
The company provides decent benefits and a fun work environment. I also like their WOW program when used the right way. The meetings are a blast and everyone at corporate is pretty nice. They're always looking for ways to make work more enjoyable. They do encourage employees to maintain a happy balance between work life and personal life and even hold contests for employees to achieve their personal goals. However, the contests that were meant to be friendly turned into a competition which were only ever won by the same people who had nothing better to do. It was nearly impossible to have a life outside of work due to corporate's unreasonable expectations and lack of support. Unhappy employees lost all drive and spread their misery to others. The few people who actually cared about their job would not only be overwhelmed by their own duties, but by the mess left by previous employees/managers and the responsibilities of those who don't care enough to try. If you shared concern or asked for help, it reflected poorly upon you, so you say you can handle it and push forward like Super Man with hopes that one day it will get better. The things that are supposed to make work more enjoyable (WOW program, contests, etc.) only made you feel like a failure when you were too busy with the important stuff to even participate. The whole job was very exhausting and not worth it. It's a good company with the right mindset, but corporate needs to reconsider where they are putting their efforts. Maybe use that fun money and contest money to hire more employees/floaters or a support system to  more... help when the unexpected occurs. Employees would probably be happier with a less stressful environment than a stressful environment with games and contests in which they can win free money, but never have time to participate.  less
Pros
Good Benefits, Long Lunches, Fun Meetings, Expanding Portfolio
Cons
Unreasonable Expectations, Lack of Support
July 5, 2018

Your feedback is much appreciated! While it's great to read about the things and people you enjoyed during your time on the Venterra Team, we're disappointed to hear that you felt like you didn't always receive the support you needed. We do have high expectations for our employees, but also know that there's only so much any one individual can take on, and we want all employees to be able to fully enjoy the unique and fun elements of our company culture. With this in mind, we make an effort to staff communities according to specific needs and adjustment over time, as well. Unfotunately, we can certainly still sometimes fall short on achieving this balance, and we need our onsite teams to speak up and to be heard in order to make it happen. We'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly if you can provide any specific details on where you think we might have gone astray with this during your time with us. Doing so can help ensure that we don't have employees now or in the future who feel the same way you have about this important area of employee experience. Thank you again for the review and in advance for any additional details you might be able to share with us!

Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2018
Great company and great team. Only leaving because Property sold and will stay with Company if a viable position opens up! Has been nothing but a positive experience.
May 18, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and are glad to read that your time on the team has been so positive. We're always looking at for new opportunities to grow our portfolio, and we'll absolutely keep you in mind for future positions as we do so. Thank you so much for all your efforts and dedication during your time with us, and again for providing the feedback.

Very nice staff to work with.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMay 5, 2018
I would love to be a leasing consultant for venterra realty, they have really nice staff as well as very nice and understanding clientele. I definitely loved when we’d do get together for the entire community to get to know all new residents.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hard to move up
May 18, 2018

Thanks for providing the review! It's great reading that your experience with us was/has been as positive as it has. While there can sometimes be a bit of a wait, we always aim to make good on our Employer Promise to promote from within by providing employees with ongoing training and looking within our own ranks when we have a new position come available before looking elsewhere. If you do have any specific suggestions on how we might be able to further improve on the employee experience, please be sure to speak up and let us know! Thank you again for the feedback here.

Culture Fit
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
The company makes candidates go through thorough interviews to make sure the candidate fits with the company and staff. They give you opportunities to grow within the company.
February 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! It's great that you see the value in our culture-fit approach to interviewing and that you've seen us making good on our promise to promote from within during you time on the team. If you have any suggestions on ways we could do even better, please don't hesitate to speak up or submit a "Better Way" suggestion. Thank you again for the review!

Fun place to work
REGIONAL BETTER LIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Great culture and great people. Opportunities for growth and fun atmosphere. Promotes development and active coaching. There are also opportunities to focus on your personally through a better living program.
January 29, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide the feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the perks and culture that we feel make Venterra a unique and fun place to work. If you do have any specific areas where you feel we could improve now or in the future, please be sure to speak up or submit a "Better Way" idea. Thank you again for providing the review!

Good Working Enviroment
"Better Living Manager" (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
Very supportive company and will advance from within. I had a fantastic Property Manager who was available to me when ever I needed assistance. I would recommend Venterra Realty.
Pros
Excellent Training
October 29, 2018

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that your time at Venterra was as positive as it was and that you'd recommend us to others as an employer. We're always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback here is much appreciated!

Maintenance job that promotes core values
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Appliance repair and maintenance tickets for 300 plus units. On call hvac repair and grounds work. Mandatory Saturday and Sunday every two weeks. Management is loose, somewhat lackadaisical at times. Great promotion of a culture of acceptance and family values.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, and paid vacation on birthdays
Cons
Low pay
August 7, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here, and are glad to read about the positive experiences you've had on your time during your time with us, but we're always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, and it sounds like we might have a little bit of work to do from your perspective.

While income is regularly evaluated and based on industry benchmarks, there are still definitely times where they pay we offer and employee expectations can be out of line, so we definitely encourage conversations on this topic, as pay definitely plays a big role in employee satisfaction.

Strong management is obviously also a big factor in this goal, so we'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly by phone or email (recruiting@venterraliving.com) to discuss your specific concerns with us in a bit more detail. Doing so will help us take any necessary steps to rectify the issue(s) you're seeing. Thank you again for your review!

Venterra is great.
BETTER LIVING MANAGER (APM) (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2017
Venterra is my favorite management company I have worked for, great culture and a very supportive Regional Team. They have so many great ideas on giving back to the employees like getting your birthday off, bring your dog to work days, 401k, and good health insurance.
Pros
401K, Birthday off, Venterra Cares, Bring your dog to work day, Fun Fridays
July 31, 2017

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your time on the team! There's always room to improve, so please be sure to speak up or submit a "Better Way" if you do have any suggestions on how we can make that happen. Thank you again for the feedback!

Cut throat management.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TX 77713July 22, 2017
Do trust anything you say to anyone in the company. Even the most inocent coment will be turned around and used against you if it fits their purpose. Do not expect upper management to have your back because they wont.
Pros
Can't think of a single one
Cons
Lie, use things against you that you have no control over, no job security
July 24, 2017

While we appreciate your feedback, we're sorry to hear that your experience on the team was as negative as it was. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike and aren't accustomed to seeing reviews as negative as this one come through often, so would love to have a few more details regarding your concerns. Having a better understanding of the situation(s) that led to your negative impression will help us to make any necessary changes to our prevent current or future employees from having the same takeaways. We would love if you could take a moment to send us an email or call us directly to discuss further. Thank you again for taking a moment to share your thoughts here.

Nice company to work for
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 12, 2017
I really appreciated the amount of time they put into training. I felt well equipped to perform my job and see to it that I did everything as it should've been done.

I just wish they would see to it that management also partakes in continued training and doesn't get complacent with their position. Insuring that they do their jobs as property managers/assistant property managers and not pass off things to those beneath them.
July 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experiences here. We're happy to hear that your time with us was positive overall. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike, and that definitely means making sure we're providing the training and resources our employees need to be successful and thrive on our teams. While we do have courses and get-togethers geared specifically to our "Experience Leaders," there's always room to improve on this front. Even as a formal employee we'd still love to hear any specific suggestions you have that might help us do better in this area. Please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email so we can discuss in more detail! Thanks again for the review.

Caring, poductive, innovative comapny
Senior Property Manager/ Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2017
The company overall is one of the best companies I have worked for. They truly care about their employees and they definitely try to promote a fun environment at work.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! It's great reading that your experience with us has been as positive as it has. Please be sure to speak up if you do have any specific suggestions on how we can further improve. Thanks again for the review here!

The most enjoyable part of the job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing prospects become residents and welcoming them to their new home. We would host events at our clubhouse to create that sense of community.
February 20, 2017

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear that your time on the team was positive overall! It's always a blast finding the right home for a new resident and we're all about keeping our communities tight knit through resident activities. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts here!

Great place to work!
Better Living Manager (Current Employee) –  North DallasJanuary 22, 2017
Venterra Realty is an amazing place to work. The company is ran like a well-oiled machine. As an employee your voice is heard. Venterra has several options available that make an incredible work life balance.
Pros
Paid birthday off, Paid time to volunteer, Ample amount of PTO, room for promotion, and plenty of training to get there.
January 30, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your review! We're so happy to hear that you've seen and appreciated our focus on employee experience during your time on the team and have enjoyed the initiatives that make us unique in the industry. Please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way idea if you do come across an area for improvement. There's always room to make our culture even better! Thank you again for your feedback!

Try it for yourself
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Venterra and appreciate all that I learned while I was there. I was able to grow as an employee and an individual during my stay and can say without a doubt that they had an impact on my perception of the industry.
January 9, 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts here! We aim to create as positive of an employee experience as we do a resident experience, so are happy to hear you were able to grow during your time with us and had a great experience on the team. We're always on the look out for ways to improve, so if you have any specific suggestions that could better the Venterra employee experience, further, we'd still love to hear from you, so feel free to reach out to us directly. Thank you again for your review!

Rated one of the best workplaces to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 31, 2016
This company welcomed me with open arms. Everyone knows or acknowledges one another. No one is looked over. Everyone seems to be very enthusiastic.
January 5, 2017

We appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that your experiences with us have been so positive! We're looking forward to seeing you grow with us into the future. Please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way if you spot areas for improvement. Thank you again!

Values
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 9, 2016
Venterra values and appreciates their residents. Employees are given a fair balance of work and life. They are on the lower end of pay scale but worth being around constant training and supportive coworkers.
Pros
Customer service is priority
Cons
Low pay scale
October 10, 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review! It's great to read about your positive experiences during your time with us. While we do feel like our unique culture helps us stand out from other companies in the industry, it's still important that our expectations for employees is in line with the pay we are offering them. We've made some recent changes in pay level and use industry salary benchmark studies to help us remain competitive on this front, as well, but there can still definitely be times when we might not be quite aligned with employees' expectations. To this end, we encourage conversations with supervisors on the topic at any time during employment. Thank you again for your review and for your time spent on the Venterra Team!

Best Company Ever!
Irving, TX Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Venterra was like a home to me. I grew so much while working at Venterra. My 10 years of tenure were the best. I take with me the best memories. Employees have a voice. We are able to suggest better ways and they would get implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people. The hardest was the day my property sold. I learned so many leadership skills, how to form a great team, techniques on hiring the right people. With Venterra, we always worked hard and played hard. Employees received recognition and yearly awards.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Open Sundays
January 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review here! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your team, learning opportunities, and our unique initiatives during your time with the company. We appreciate all of your contributions during your years on the team and are already missing you! Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Not a fun place to work
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 26, 2015
Well after reading the reviews on this page it seems to me that if you work in the maintenance department with this company you won't be a happy camper , like always leasing , leasing , leasing is always the problem , why because they get a commission for every apartment they rent so they don't care how is done they just think about the commission , the thing is that if the supervisor don't put his foot down and let the property manager what's going on then there's always going to be a problem, that's why I'm looking to get a career change this maintenance job is not worth it any more , they over work you for a low pay and expect excellence, maintenance do the dirty work and management gets the congrats when in fact maintenance should be getting a better pay rate one thing I don't understand is why when a resident re sign a new lease the leasing department gets a bonus for that when in fact maintenance should get it because the ones that keep the residents happy is the maintenance department when doing a work order to the residents satisfaction , all leasing do is show the apartment do the paperwork and that's it after that is maintenance job to keep the residents happy so they can stay
Cons
Overwork
January 6, 2016

While we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, we're truly sorry to hear that you left us unhappy. We always aim to create positive experiences for both our customers and our employees, regardless of their role with us. Although we do have a number of policies and procedures in place to help ensure that we are working towards this end, they, unfortunately, can still sometimes fall short. When they do, we encourage employees to discuss concerns with their direct manager, or, if this isn't an option, make a report through EthicsPoint (a 3rd party company that allows employees to anonymously raise concerns.)

We definitely do have high expectations for all of our employees, but we aim to provide compensation that is in line with responsibilities. We don’t get this right in every situation, but overall we measure ourselves against industry compensation benchmarks and continue to make adjustments as needed. When it comes to renewal bonuses you're absolutely right! Our maintenance teams play a HUGE role in retaining residents who want to call our communities home, so our renewal bonuses actually are split up across the team quarterly. We feel it's fair for inside staff to enjoy these bonuses, as well, as they also play a huge part in maintaining positive resident relationships.

We'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com so we can make sure that we have a full understanding of the specific concerns that you had during your tenure with us. Having a clear picture of these issues will help ensure that we have done our best  more... to address each of them so they don't repeat with current or future employees. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.  less

High expectations low pay Joke
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2015
I spent years learning this trade throughout high school working for the family at a complex and turn key company for family. After 4 years as a semi truck mechanic I decided I wanted to go to maintenance as it had been a good career to my dad. With no Official "work history" in the business they hired me at 11 an hr as a porter with promise for 90 days evaluation and raise . I turned apartments, took call 1/3 weeks, diagnosed and repaired ac units , replaced repaired water heaters ,repaired dishwasher anything you'd expect a tech to do. After a year (not 90 days) they offered me a 36 cent raise . Then I left . You can't pay people dirt and expect gold from them .
Pros
minor discount on rent if you live on site
Cons
low pay, over worked under appreciated
December 7, 2015

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review, but are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as positive as it should have been with us. We will always strive to offer pay that is fair, competitive, and in line with an employee's prior experience, current responsibilities, and company expectations. However, there can still definitely be times when there is a misalignment between expectations and reality. While our evaluations are definitely a great time for us to look at pay raises, our goal of creating amazing employee experiences means we also ask employees to have open discussions with their manager on this topic (or any other) whenever they see fit.

In your case, it sounds like you had an open conversation early on about adjusting pay to be more in line with a technician role, but didn't see a promise followed through on in the way that you had expected. This is definitely something that we don't want repeated with employees in the future, so we'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com so that we can gather the details of your specific experience. This will allow us an opportunity to make sure we've taken the appropriate steps to remedy any issue. Thank you again for sharing your personal experience with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venterra Realty. Our community is ready to answer.