Venterra Realty Employee Reviews

Very nice staff to work with.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMay 5, 2018
I would love to be a leasing consultant for venterra realty, they have really nice staff as well as very nice and understanding clientele. I definitely loved when we’d do get together for the entire community to get to know all new residents.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hard to move up
May 18, 2018

Thanks for providing the review! It's great reading that your experience with us was/has been as positive as it has. While there can sometimes be a bit of a wait, we always aim to make good on our Employer Promise to promote from within by providing employees with ongoing training and looking within our own ranks when we have a new position come available before looking elsewhere. If you do have any specific suggestions on how we might be able to further improve on the employee experience, please be sure to speak up and let us know! Thank you again for the feedback here.

Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2018
Great company and great team. Only leaving because Property sold and will stay with Company if a viable position opens up! Has been nothing but a positive experience.
May 18, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and are glad to read that your time on the team has been so positive. We're always looking at for new opportunities to grow our portfolio, and we'll absolutely keep you in mind for future positions as we do so. Thank you so much for all your efforts and dedication during your time with us, and again for providing the feedback.

Fun place to work
REGIONAL BETTER LIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Great culture and great people. Opportunities for growth and fun atmosphere. Promotes development and active coaching. There are also opportunities to focus on your personally through a better living program.
January 29, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide the feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the perks and culture that we feel make Venterra a unique and fun place to work. If you do have any specific areas where you feel we could improve now or in the future, please be sure to speak up or submit a "Better Way" idea. Thank you again for providing the review!

Culture Fit
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
The company makes candidates go through thorough interviews to make sure the candidate fits with the company and staff. They give you opportunities to grow within the company.
February 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! It's great that you see the value in our culture-fit approach to interviewing and that you've seen us making good on our promise to promote from within during you time on the team. If you have any suggestions on ways we could do even better, please don't hesitate to speak up or submit a "Better Way" suggestion. Thank you again for the review!

Nice company to work for
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 12, 2017
I really appreciated the amount of time they put into training. I felt well equipped to perform my job and see to it that I did everything as it should've been done.

I just wish they would see to it that management also partakes in continued training and doesn't get complacent with their position. Insuring that they do their jobs as property managers/assistant property managers and not pass off things to those beneath them.
July 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experiences here. We're happy to hear that your time with us was positive overall. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike, and that definitely means making sure we're providing the training and resources our employees need to be successful and thrive on our teams. While we do have courses and get-togethers geared specifically to our "Experience Leaders," there's always room to improve on this front. Even as a formal employee we'd still love to hear any specific suggestions you have that might help us do better in this area. Please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email so we can discuss in more detail! Thanks again for the review.

Maintenance job that promotes core values
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Appliance repair and maintenance tickets for 300 plus units. On call hvac repair and grounds work. Mandatory Saturday and Sunday every two weeks. Management is loose, somewhat lackadaisical at times. Great promotion of a culture of acceptance and family values.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, and paid vacation on birthdays
Cons
Low pay
August 7, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here, and are glad to read about the positive experiences you've had on your time during your time with us, but we're always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, and it sounds like we might have a little bit of work to do from your perspective.

While income is regularly evaluated and based on industry benchmarks, there are still definitely times where they pay we offer and employee expectations can be out of line, so we definitely encourage conversations on this topic, as pay definitely plays a big role in employee satisfaction.

Strong management is obviously also a big factor in this goal, so we'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly by phone or email (recruiting@venterraliving.com) to discuss your specific concerns with us in a bit more detail. Doing so will help us take any necessary steps to rectify the issue(s) you're seeing. Thank you again for your review!

Venterra is great.
BETTER LIVING MANAGER (APM) (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2017
Venterra is my favorite management company I have worked for, great culture and a very supportive Regional Team. They have so many great ideas on giving back to the employees like getting your birthday off, bring your dog to work days, 401k, and good health insurance.
Pros
401K, Birthday off, Venterra Cares, Bring your dog to work day, Fun Fridays
July 31, 2017

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your time on the team! There's always room to improve, so please be sure to speak up or submit a "Better Way" if you do have any suggestions on how we can make that happen. Thank you again for the feedback!

Cut throat management.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TX 77713July 22, 2017
Do trust anything you say to anyone in the company. Even the most inocent coment will be turned around and used against you if it fits their purpose. Do not expect upper management to have your back because they wont.
Pros
Can't think of a single one
Cons
Lie, use things against you that you have no control over, no job security
July 24, 2017

While we appreciate your feedback, we're sorry to hear that your experience on the team was as negative as it was. We aim to create a positive experience for our residents and employees alike and aren't accustomed to seeing reviews as negative as this one come through often, so would love to have a few more details regarding your concerns. Having a better understanding of the situation(s) that led to your negative impression will help us to make any necessary changes to our prevent current or future employees from having the same takeaways. We would love if you could take a moment to send us an email or call us directly to discuss further. Thank you again for taking a moment to share your thoughts here.

Good Working Enviroment
"Better Living Manager" (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
Very supportive company and will advance from within. I had a fantastic Property Manager who was available to me when ever I needed assistance. I would recommend Venterra Realty.
Pros
Excellent Training
October 29, 2018

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that your time at Venterra was as positive as it was and that you'd recommend us to others as an employer. We're always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback here is much appreciated!

Best Company Ever!
Irving, TX Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Venterra was like a home to me. I grew so much while working at Venterra. My 10 years of tenure were the best. I take with me the best memories. Employees have a voice. We are able to suggest better ways and they would get implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people. The hardest was the day my property sold. I learned so many leadership skills, how to form a great team, techniques on hiring the right people. With Venterra, we always worked hard and played hard. Employees received recognition and yearly awards.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Open Sundays
January 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review here! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your team, learning opportunities, and our unique initiatives during your time with the company. We appreciate all of your contributions during your years on the team and are already missing you! Thank you again for sharing your experiences!

Fast paced work enviornment with fantastic staff
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2013
No day was ever the same and there was always tons to do! I learned so much about myself while managing this Community and the staff. I polished my Customer Service skills and replaced 8 outside staff members during the busiest part of the year, Q3. My co-workers made work fun and I thoroughly enjoyed being at work! The hardest part of the job was definitely the staffing issues and I mostly enjoyed handling resident complaints. I feel really comfortable in these types of situations and learned that mostly people just want someone to talk to. I'm definitely a better person and a better Leader for having tackled this challenge!
June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are glad to hear that your time with Venterra was enjoyable & that you learned a lot. Venterra is a company that values its employees' development and growth.

Fun workplace
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many prospects as well as problems with tenants such as work orders or just unhappy tenants. My coworkers were easy to get along with and we worked very well as a team. I learned that for the most part, management cared about the employees but they seemed to be cutting back on commissions when I was leaving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the angry people who came in, but the most enjoyable part was helping some of the people who came in.
October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It sounds like you enjoyed your coworkers and role overall during your time with us. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid all upset folks in a customer service focused role, but we're glad to hear that working with people was the best part of the role, too. We're all about finding "people people" to join our teams!

While the commission structure has changed once or twice in the past we definitely strive to remain competitive within the industry. This means not only maintaining a focus on our residents and prospects, but also on our employees, so thanks for your input on this front as well! Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review. Best of luck to you in the future!

-Venterra Realty, Recruiting Department

Great place to work!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2013
Venterra is a great company to work for. They truly believe & practice their core values. Employees are rewarded based on their performance. Great training program & a fun work environment.
Pros
upbeat environment, good work/life balance, training & education opportunities, benefits package, open communication, family friendly, quarterly bonus, paid holidays, promote from within, 20% discount at all venterra properties for ft employees
Cons
no real downside to working for venterra.
June 11, 2014

Thank you for your response! We are excited to know that you are enjoying working for Venterra & love the culture!

Fun place to work
Property Manager/ Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
My typical day as an Assistant Property Manager would be to deal with the resident problems and post all rent checks. My typical day as a Property Manager would be looking after the property issues as well as all of the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring the leasing agents.
Pros
I learned so much about accounting as well as management
Cons
The turn around of the leasing agents
October 17, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that you learned a lot and enjoyed your time with us, especially mentoring others! We're always focusing on ways to improve our recruiting and employee retention to cut down on turn over wherever possible, and we anticipate continuing to see improvements with this in all of our positions as we move forward. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

-Venterra Realty, Recruiting Department

High expectations low pay Joke
Apartment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2015
I spent years learning this trade throughout high school working for the family at a complex and turn key company for family. After 4 years as a semi truck mechanic I decided I wanted to go to maintenance as it had been a good career to my dad. With no Official "work history" in the business they hired me at 11 an hr as a porter with promise for 90 days evaluation and raise . I turned apartments, took call 1/3 weeks, diagnosed and repaired ac units , replaced repaired water heaters ,repaired dishwasher anything you'd expect a tech to do. After a year (not 90 days) they offered me a 36 cent raise . Then I left . You can't pay people dirt and expect gold from them .
Pros
minor discount on rent if you live on site
Cons
low pay, over worked under appreciated
December 7, 2015

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review, but are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as positive as it should have been with us. We will always strive to offer pay that is fair, competitive, and in line with an employee's prior experience, current responsibilities, and company expectations. However, there can still definitely be times when there is a misalignment between expectations and reality. While our evaluations are definitely a great time for us to look at pay raises, our goal of creating amazing employee experiences means we also ask employees to have open discussions with their manager on this topic (or any other) whenever they see fit.

In your case, it sounds like you had an open conversation early on about adjusting pay to be more in line with a technician role, but didn't see a promise followed through on in the way that you had expected. This is definitely something that we don't want repeated with employees in the future, so we'd like to encourage you to reach out to us directly at recruiting@venterraliving.com so that we can gather the details of your specific experience. This will allow us an opportunity to make sure we've taken the appropriate steps to remedy any issue. Thank you again for sharing your personal experience with us.

Great place to work!
Better Living Manager (Current Employee) –  North DallasJanuary 22, 2017
Venterra Realty is an amazing place to work. The company is ran like a well-oiled machine. As an employee your voice is heard. Venterra has several options available that make an incredible work life balance.
Pros
Paid birthday off, Paid time to volunteer, Ample amount of PTO, room for promotion, and plenty of training to get there.
January 30, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your review! We're so happy to hear that you've seen and appreciated our focus on employee experience during your time on the team and have enjoyed the initiatives that make us unique in the industry. Please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way idea if you do come across an area for improvement. There's always room to make our culture even better! Thank you again for your feedback!

Don't Waste Your Time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 22, 2015
You are somebody else's property when you work here. The leasing agents are the people who determines your job . If they tell you something stupid to do you do it other wise get FIRED! Everybody demands you to do everything in a short time limit. There isn't much staff but there is always a disagreement between leasing and maintenance
Pros
Generally work alone, but that's good.
Cons
No family time off.
October 26, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review, but are sorry to hear that you ran into some negative experiences at your community. While we do set a high bar for the expectations of our employees, we also strive strive for each of our communities to foster a team oriented environment where amazing employee experiences happen. We're disappointed to hear that's not what you experienced.

We take our time to recruit and hire individuals who are a good culture fit in order to avoid terminations down the road. To this end there should also always be multiple conversations taking place before we get to that point. If this wasn't the case for you or you feel like there are specific areas of improvement that we need to be aware of we'd like for you to reach out to us directly so we can further discuss the specifics. Although you might no longer be with the company, we would love your insight so we can work to create a better experience for any current employee who might be feeling the same way.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We're looking forward to hearing from you directly.

Caring, poductive, innovative comapny
Senior Property Manager/ Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2017
The company overall is one of the best companies I have worked for. They truly care about their employees and they definitely try to promote a fun environment at work.
July 5, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! It's great reading that your experience with us has been as positive as it has. Please be sure to speak up if you do have any specific suggestions on how we can further improve. Thanks again for the review here!

Very frustrating place to work
Make Ready Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Typical day would be to do my make ready and the many other things that i were asked to help out with. What i learned was how to prioritize my day to help out my co workers , maintenance manager included and still get my job done. Management was great on a co worker boss level but the actual management decisions made my job a little bit harder and more frustrating. Loved my co workers they were the best. Hardest part of my job was having enough time to give them a perfectly turned unit but still being there for my co workers when called upon. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the overtime i would get paid for being on call it was a lot of work but more money for my family is always a good thing.
Pros
discount on rent at any company property, quarterly bonuses
Cons
not having a manager who is committed to the property
June 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience with Venterra wasn't as expected. We recognize all feedback to benefit in making Venterra a better environment for its employees.

Loved the people I worked with
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 11, 2015
At the property where I worked we were like a family. We always pitched in together to get the job done. This company searches out the best they can find in our field to help them grow and develop their company into an industry leader.
Pros
Very positive place to work
Cons
have to work weekends
November 13, 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review! We're so happy to hear that your time with us was positive overall and that you enjoyed your coworkers as well as our company culture. Thanks again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venterra Realty. Our community is ready to answer.