Vention Medical Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work.
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TexasJune 28, 2018
Great culture, productive and enjoyable place to work. Company paid for continuing education credits and held workshops to improve your computer skills and ERP training.
ups and downs
Manufacturing Associate & Printing Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PRJune 16, 2018
it is a steady company but not much space for advance in your career, good coworkers and nice leaders and supervisors thre job that you have to performed is fine but there sis not much safety in the company.
Pros
500 hundred dollar bonus at the end of the yaer
Cons
bad management and human resources
A great in between job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 20, 2018
A good job to have while looking for another job. Employees are very nice and log lasting relationships have been formed. The work is easy. Learning how to work in a clean room was a very nice experience.
Good place to work and gain experience fast
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 16, 2018
My only issue was the pay compared to what people were making around us. Since we were in Silicon Valley, it made our pay look very low when compared to any entry-level computer programmer around us. It'd be a great place to work if you go to any of their other locations in Boulder, CO or Massachusetts.
it is great there.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 4, 2018
when I first stated working at vention medical, I thought I will never leave but the pay is not enough for my bills. I really like it there. the people are really nice.
overall
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2018
I Liked Vention Medical. The paid wasn"t good and you did the same work as others. But overall i like the company they trusted me to work in by myself where i was all alone and not being watch over your shoulder. i can't say nothing bad except the pay.
Decent Job
Assembler of Medical Supplies for Heart Surgery (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2018
I didn't stay with Vention because it was a job where I could not thrive as a people-oriented person. I am searching for a job opportunity that is not in manufacturing.
Back stabbing, gossips, stressful, To much mandatory OT
Assembler 2 (Current Employee) –  CR 1&2January 7, 2018
Utility handler doesn't do what she is suppose to do, lazy at helping us. Need to know that we are human, and will make mistakes. To much paper work, utility handler used to do this and get us ready for new job. We have to stop and do everything that used to be done for us so we didn't have to stop and set up every thing our selves. They change the specs and policies constantly. We don't get info we should get from supervisor and utility clerk. To short of a lunch 20 mins. isn't enough. They won't pay for 30 mins.
Pros
Good place to work, short term, or students.
Cons
One break for 10 hours for 10 mins.
N/a
Work Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 22, 2017
Vention Medical, headquartered in Minnesota, is a great place to work.Their "Weekend Warrior" employment program is great for people who are looking to make money while also taking college courses.
the hardest part of the job was when they yelling at you because you made a mistake.
Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 1, 2017
Some times it was hard to understand the training with out paperwork instructions.
The second shift environment it was better than the first shift.
(less stressful).
Pros
Free Ice cream.
Cons
work for over two years with out benefits.
Sin comentarios
Calidad Manufactura (Former Employee) –  Vega Baja, PROctober 16, 2017
Buen trabajo donde pude producir bien, sin mas comentarios
Good place
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXSeptember 30, 2017
No complaints. Decent pay, decent benefits, ok management. Wish I still worked there. Lots of perks, seemed to care about employees. etc etc etc etc
Climate controlled clean room environment with some sit down jobs
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of this job. Employees and management. Everyone was very helpful and understanding. Easy on my body. I needed mostly a sit down position. They worked hard to accommodate that for me. The only thing that was difficult for me was learning correct paperwork. However, most employees will help new hires understand paperwork.
Pros
Decent wages, room for advancement, clean factory
Cons
30 minute unpaid lunch.
fun family orientation
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2017
Vention is a dynamic and fun place to work
the only drawback is inconsistent top management for the company

they keep changing directions and staffing needs
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
top management
Great company
Quality Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJSeptember 14, 2017
This was a great company to work for. As with all jobs, there are always bad eggs in the bunch, and that includes within management. Not lower level, upper level. That isn't in all cases, as I stated, there are bad eggs in every company.
Fun Internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 30, 2017
Vention medical is a medical manufacturer that supplies medical devices to several companies such as Stryker and Medtronic. The company environment is very good with plenty of people willing to aid you in your endevours. People are amiable and open to talking about a variety of subjects. For a new engineer there are several learning opportunities to be had a such a company, If one can keep up with the pace and the stringent government regulations and company expectations. Overall great place to work.
Learning the different medical devices used in the body.
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 22, 2017
I love to work a company that everybody share their ideas and different culture .Two company i worked have free to breakfast to dinner and include the snack i enjoy a lot not to worry what to bring at work everyday .The hardest part of the job if the management most of the time they ignore the production problem of the assembler.I enjoyable part the job once we finish our lot on time and no problem at all.
Fun and stressful
Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2017
Start with a group meeting and then after meeting, start production and try to finish orders on time. I learned different types of medical equipment and different catheters. The culture is very diverse and the hardest part about the job was trying to finish an order in a very little time crunch period. The most enjoyable part was the extra curricular activities that we did as a company and compete to win prizes.
Pros
fun games
Cons
health benefits
Pay is really low and attendance very strict
Medical Assembly/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 10, 2017
The work itself isnt hard but pay is very low and theres not much room to advance. Also there's no raises or bonuses so youre pretty much stuck with 10hr. Supervisors will stand and watch you to make sure you are working fast enough. Theres alot of favoritism. Attendance is very strict and they say you get paid time off but what they dont tell you is that if you quit or get fired you have to pay all of your pto back and most likely wont get a check. They do not give you uniforms until after you are hired in. You get a 20 min break for lunch. Most likely you will have to work Mon-Sat.
Pros
Work is pretty easy
Cons
Too many to list, worst is probably the pay
Nice place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 10, 2017
Easy place to work but very detailed oriented. I worked here for a short time and was ok with this job. We worked inside cleanrooms and your entire body is covered. Assembled parts for open heart surgeries.
Pros
Clean enviroment, Sit down (some rooms)
Cons
Covered in tyvek suits