Ventura Foods Employee Reviews

Free lunches
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAApril 22, 2019
Unusual place. A bit disorganized and loose controls financially. Fun place and challenging. Kind of ghetto but cool. Fine looking chicks there too. Good times!
Pros
Free lunches
in QA lab
Quality Assurance (QA) Technician II (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXApril 2, 2019
Unfortunately very week supervisor especially in 2nd and 3rd shift ,safty mangment is terrible , we will have safety meeting only after the incident took place,
Not so good of a company
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXApril 1, 2019
In my personal opinion,this is not the best company to work for. They steady changing management.The training is way under par. and i wouldn't be surprise in a couple years they be close.
Pros
i can't think of one
Cons
very stressful
Productive and helpful team
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMarch 31, 2019
The workplace culture is good here. You have a good support system in place to work and grow within the company. Upper management seems to value opinions of hourly employees.
Pros
Free lunches, ability to be promoted, healthcare
Cons
Increasing budget cuts
Idk where to start
Packaging Operator/ Forklift Driver/ Hand Weigher (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 23, 2019
The job is not hard it is very easy and you definitely can have a life outside the company but management makes it very very stressful! HR is no help they stick together and they don't want to pay you what your worth! And don't expect a raise because management saves it for themselves. Nobody in management knows what there doing everybody in management is new like 5 years or less into the company.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no raises, they will fire you if they want to, they have favorites
Great Company challenged by Demands of new Regulations and Commitments
Vice President Sales (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 7, 2019
The mission of Ventura Foods is to service its customers. The business is a strong leader in Foodservices but is tentative in its retail businesses with little support.
I would recomend this company if you are searching for a job.
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 1, 2019
I have no bad feelings toward Ventura Foods at all. The Company has afforded me good pay and benefits. The main reason I am interested in leaving the company is to live closer to my children and 8 grandchildren.
Pros
Good pay for a hard days work.
Hands down the worst company ever
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Ventura has 0 care/respect for their employees. They yell and cuss at you, lie to you, and set you up for failure so they can fire you an shift blame.
Cons
Nobody takes credit, point you for every little thing.
Terrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 18, 2019
I can’t fathom how terrible of an experience I had working all of 6 hours at Ventura foods. Not only did the supervisor for one of the hiring lady’s get in my face an yell at me an call me a liar when he knew I wasent. But I also basically worked for 6 hours for free. I was reassured I’d be compensated for the time I worked but when I called to ask why I didn’t receive my pay yet. They an I quote said “sorry we have no record of you working here mam” like are you kidding me. The level of ignorance an terrible management is astounding.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Short breaks. Lack of getting paperwork filed on time. Poor record keeping.
QA Analyst
Quality Assurance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Working in the lab,was great. The team was like family. Being able to provide good quality foods was the focus of our role. Inspecting each and every ingredient and finish product to ensure the customer was reaching the best was the highlight of everyone's day. Management was involved with each department, commutation was a goal and each department achieve that.
It's a fun productive work place.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoyed the people and my position there. I learned how to operate a RF scanner and log invoices into the system.They top out your pay for my position after 90 days.
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay for the work load and they maintain your uniforms free of charge.
Cons
They use a strict point system.
Management will mislead you
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 30, 2019
It was fun when I started, but management is not truthful With its subordinates. There is no place for growth. Technology is borderline outdated. The moral compass is questionable. All I can beware; everyone has a hidden agenda.
Boring
Assistant Processor (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 27, 2019
A typical day consisted of doing the same thing over and over, no one is held accountable for anything. On good days your busy but most days drag and barely anything is accomplished
Enjoying at first and realized it’s high school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I worked as a temp for 6 months. Need to watch to say and walk on pins and needles or you get let go. Management is not up front with you of when you go permanent. They like to keep you wondering but will hire other temps there that’s been there before you. Weekly meetings is always opened up for discussion; however it really isn’t. Employees there is all in clicks like high school. When you first start, they don’t talk to you or introduce themselves to you until you approach them. Some employees kiss butt to management so they think they are all that. Pay is good where they start you off at $15 an hour but it is a stressful job. You basically answer up to 50-100 emails a day with communication of where is the order or why is there a delay. Sales does treat the customer service dept. like trash but the company’s view is “we are all a team”. I don’t recommend this company and I was the one who looked at reviews when I got interviewed and I ignored them. Benefits are raised every year but you start as a temp first so it’s questionable if you go permanent.
Pros
Listen to music while working, pay
Cons
Management suxs, temp can last up to 6-8 months, co-workers are like high schoolers, admin likes to control the office and control YOU
accounting clerk
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 15, 2019
enter orders, issues credits, process checks. Pull the back up for the promos, verify pricing. Issue new deals & go over the orders making sure everything Is correct.
Pros
work on your on
Hot! Poor moral
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Poor management no communication lack of technology. The average temperature in the summer months is 90 plus degrees. Low moral and no encouragement from management to improve things.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
very productive and fast paced
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJanuary 13, 2019
very fast paced through the day, good benefits and very flexible when needing days off. great coworkers to work with and would help each other in anything help you'd need. secure job with plenty of work orders to complete
Pros
great benefits, excellent work ethic
Cons
not enough work day hours
Isn't what it once was
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Ventura has gone from a customer focus to expecting customers to bend to Ventura's limitations. The company does not seem to have the vision it once did and top leadership doesn't have a clue.
Pros
Great people work at Ventura....that's all that keeps it competitive.
Cons
Way out of balance. Sales works long hours, accomplishing litte.
Low pay for high expectations, revolving door for management
Electrical/PLC Technician Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Low pay for high expectations, in the last four years lots of turnover in management and supervisors, very disorganized, poor supervision, lots of employees unsatisfied and do as little as possible leaving the work load for others, if you are a hard worker you are expected to pick up the work load while others are able to sit and talk without any consequences. PM's and assigned tasks not completed are reassigned to those of us who complete task and those who don't complete does task sit and watch. New management team looking to be recognized have disciplined and terminated good employees without regard to long time good standings and hard work not recognized. Then after these changes the whole management team is replaced once again. Very disappointed that after years of dedicated hard work new management team looking to bring something to be recognized for will do so by making an example of a good employee then leave the company. Long term supervisors and managers that have moved on end up offering better paying jobs to the few good employees that are faced with losing their jobs. This could be a good place to work if there was a stable management team but it's a revolving door for management which does not look at years of dedication or time of service. Instead they want to have something to bring up regardless of how it effects the long term employees.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Poor management and leadership, revolving door for management. Poor organization.
Excellent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 8, 2019
Nice place to work for if you like to be on your feet all day in one spot doing the same thing for 12 hours a day. Unless your driving fork lifters our working in the offfice