Ventura Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I ran the shorting line and tank farm
TANK FARM OPERATOR / LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 17, 2018
I liked the people I worked with. The job was alright it was a union job not that bad of pay and benefits was ok. There was a lot to learn and hardly any training, so it was good I learned fast.
Pros
union work and ok benefits
Cons
really didn't get any support when I got injured
Standard Factory Job
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 31, 2018
The Coworkers really make the job worth it.
Day to day life includes the production and packaging of thousands of pounds of condiments which is checked over by Quality personal.
Typically the job is laid back and not too demanding however the management is the biggest down fall. Failures fall squarely on the production management team which often has issues addressing daily problems that arise. This can add stress to employees and create difficult work environment and culture.
Enjoyable workplace
DAF Operator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 27, 2018
I work by myself in a plant full of people who, besides myself, work in teams. I work 3rd shift, which is not exactly what my dream is. I enjoy my job besides the shift of which my shift is. A fairly relaxing environment as long as I stay diligent to my assigned tasks.
Great to start and pick up experience
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJuly 18, 2018
It's a great place to learn. You can receive your forklift operator license. They also have great gifts that you can receive from making sure your health is great
Fun
Lead Refrigeration Tech (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2018
This was a blessing when I got the phone call to come work for Ventura they was very good to me and my family. They sent me to school to get my operator license for operating ammonia refrigeration something I had been trying to get for years. Its a great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches every now and then
Cons
Breaks
Good place to work!
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time while I was there. Ventura Foods provided me with great learning opportunities. I enjoyed the team I worked with as well.
Very stressful
Operator (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJuly 10, 2018
The communication between management and employees is very poor, and they force full-time employees to bump temps off the lines after they are done with their work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits for the area.
Cons
Poor communication and managment.
Used to be a great place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 9, 2018
This used to be the best place around to work. Everyone wanted to get in here and had a hard time doing so. After working here for over 11 years, management decided to bring a company in to help them save money. They cut my job to save themselves 27 dollars a week and forced me to move to a shift I didn't want. They also cut more jobs in a department that is being worked to death already. People are walking around like zombies and management could care less. The pay is good, but you are treated like scum, no matter how long you have been here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No home life, management does not care about the employees
Assistance Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2018
Great benefits and good management when I was there. I was in the office so I cannot speak from first-hand knowledge about the work day in the plant. Most of the workers had been with the company for many years and seemed satisfied with their jobs.
Fun, productive environment of professionals (all levels)
Senior Business Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was company update meetings where financial condition was shared, new employees welcomed and introduced, existing employees recognized for tenure with company, and an enforced open door policy. Loved this place!
Over time
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2018
When I started working for Ventura Foods we got a lot of over time working in the maintenance department. It really was a plus because we got paid weekly.
Excellent
R&D Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 30, 2018
The leadership and management at Ventura Foods is among the top best. They communicate vision and ideas that inspire a sense of urgency and enthusiasm to take action. They care for employee well-being by providing great benefits, support tools for personal growth and high quality training to help each employee achieve their goals. The organizational structure of Ventura Foods creates an enviornment of value for both their employees and their customers.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and advancement
Cons
N/a
Could be better :(
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 26, 2018
Great people & nice working relationships. Benefits have declined in the last few years but salary is competitive. Tools given to do your job are outdated.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hr
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 25, 2018
Fast paced environment, strong seasoned workforce. Great management. Paid breaks. Clean environment. Strong Safety importance. Can be stressful at times.
Pros
Uniforms, shoes, safety glasses provided
Big Changes within short period of time
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 14, 2018
Ventura is a great place to work. Always have the teamwork spirit with employee with tenure longer than 5 years, but not so with the new ones. Lots of changes in every level and high turnover in high and middle management. At the end of the day, it's all about numbers not the people anymore.

Lots of big changes in such short period of time (5 years).
Pros
Development/Education
Cons
Teamwork culture is slowly going away
To many cheifs and not enough indians.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJune 13, 2018
Good Company. The points system needed to be rethought. I had medical issues that wouldn't even be considered. The employer wasn't consistent about discipline for one employee to the next.
Pros
Good pay, Union abd decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, supervisors wouldnt stand up for employees
Ventura Foods
Tank Farm Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJune 13, 2018
A typical day at ventura....I would come in and my lead would give me a blend sheet with a couple of oil blends to make, and/or if there are tankers or railcars that need to be pumped to the reserve tanks I would have to do that as well, along with supplying production lines with oil from reserve tanks outside. Oil measures, transfers, and inventory.
Pros
I got to learn something new and different
Cons
Long hours, rarely any personal time
great enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 12, 2018
great environment but the pay is lacking and the 12 hour shifts are to long. its been over 19 years since i've worked there so things may of changed since then.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
fast pace, leave on time
Lead Mixer (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNMay 17, 2018
clean place to . management willing to help when necessary. when you start hours are different but in time hours are normal. pay is good for the job.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours when you are new
HIgh Demands
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 14, 2018
Very demanding production type work. Good pay with uniforms supplied and maintained. Must stand at all times and be very productive in a team environment.