Ventura Foods Management reviews

Logistics Coordinator
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 13, 2019
I was discriminated against because of tattoos. I was actually told I didnt get hired because of my tattoos. Nothing vulgar there was no policy stating tattoos were not allowed.
Job is decent but the atmosphere sucks
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXMay 3, 2019
Worked here for about 2 years and in the beginning it seem like a pretty decent place. I enjoyed going to work. But management turnover is like night and day. New management sucks. If someone doesn’t like you they go and recruit others to hate you too so you don’t get any advancement. The disappointing part is that management is well aware of all the problems but they do nothing to fix it. The pay isn’t worth it.
Poor management
Production mixer (Current Employee) –  Thorton ILApril 27, 2019
Poor management a stressful and hostile work environment not much room for advancement if you don’t enjoy kissing but most women are over worked and under paid
Cons
I pretty sure the women are under paid and discriminationed against
Not so good of a company
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXApril 1, 2019
In my personal opinion,this is not the best company to work for. They steady changing management.The training is way under par. and i wouldn't be surprise in a couple years they be close.
Pros
i can't think of one
Cons
very stressful
Productive and helpful team
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMarch 31, 2019
The workplace culture is good here. You have a good support system in place to work and grow within the company. Upper management seems to value opinions of hourly employees.
Pros
Free lunches, ability to be promoted, healthcare
Cons
Increasing budget cuts
Idk where to start
Packaging Operator/ Forklift Driver/ Hand Weigher (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 23, 2019
The job is not hard it is very easy and you definitely can have a life outside the company but management makes it very very stressful! HR is no help they stick together and they don't want to pay you what your worth! And don't expect a raise because management saves it for themselves. Nobody in management knows what there doing everybody in management is new like 5 years or less into the company.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no raises, they will fire you if they want to, they have favorites
Hands down the worst company ever
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Ventura has 0 care/respect for their employees. They yell and cuss at you, lie to you, and set you up for failure so they can fire you an shift blame.
Cons
Nobody takes credit, point you for every little thing.
Terrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 18, 2019
I can’t fathom how terrible of an experience I had working all of 6 hours at Ventura foods. Not only did the supervisor for one of the hiring lady’s get in my face an yell at me an call me a liar when he knew I wasent. But I also basically worked for 6 hours for free. I was reassured I’d be compensated for the time I worked but when I called to ask why I didn’t receive my pay yet. They an I quote said “sorry we have no record of you working here mam” like are you kidding me. The level of ignorance an terrible management is astounding.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Short breaks. Lack of getting paperwork filed on time. Poor record keeping.
QA Analyst
Quality Assurance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Working in the lab,was great. The team was like family. Being able to provide good quality foods was the focus of our role. Inspecting each and every ingredient and finish product to ensure the customer was reaching the best was the highlight of everyone's day. Management was involved with each department, commutation was a goal and each department achieve that.
Management will mislead you
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 30, 2019
It was fun when I started, but management is not truthful With its subordinates. There is no place for growth. Technology is borderline outdated. The moral compass is questionable. All I can beware; everyone has a hidden agenda.
Enjoying at first and realized it’s high school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I worked as a temp for 6 months. Need to watch to say and walk on pins and needles or you get let go. Management is not up front with you of when you go permanent. They like to keep you wondering but will hire other temps there that’s been there before you. Weekly meetings is always opened up for discussion; however it really isn’t. Employees there is all in clicks like high school. When you first start, they don’t talk to you or introduce themselves to you until you approach them. Some employees kiss butt to management so they think they are all that. Pay is good where they start you off at $15 an hour but it is a stressful job. You basically answer up to 50-100 emails a day with communication of where is the order or why is there a delay. Sales does treat the customer service dept. like trash but the company’s view is “we are all a team”. I don’t recommend this company and I was the one who looked at reviews when I got interviewed and I ignored them. Benefits are raised every year but you start as a temp first so it’s questionable if you go permanent.
Pros
Listen to music while working, pay
Cons
Management suxs, temp can last up to 6-8 months, co-workers are like high schoolers, admin likes to control the office and control YOU
Hot! Poor moral
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Poor management no communication lack of technology. The average temperature in the summer months is 90 plus degrees. Low moral and no encouragement from management to improve things.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Low pay for high expectations, revolving door for management
Electrical/PLC Technician Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Low pay for high expectations, in the last four years lots of turnover in management and supervisors, very disorganized, poor supervision, lots of employees unsatisfied and do as little as possible leaving the work load for others, if you are a hard worker you are expected to pick up the work load while others are able to sit and talk without any consequences. PM's and assigned tasks not completed are reassigned to those of us who complete task and those who don't complete does task sit and watch. New management team looking to be recognized have disciplined and terminated good employees without regard to long time good standings and hard work not recognized. Then after these changes the whole management team is replaced once again. Very disappointed that after years of dedicated hard work new management team looking to bring something to be recognized for will do so by making an example of a good employee then leave the company. Long term supervisors and managers that have moved on end up offering better paying jobs to the few good employees that are faced with losing their jobs. This could be a good place to work if there was a stable management team but it's a revolving door for management which does not look at years of dedication or time of service. Instead they want to have something to bring up regardless of how it effects the long term employees.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Poor management and leadership, revolving door for management. Poor organization.
good and safe work place.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2018
you start and learn the job an your own pace, the company wants you to pick it up as quick as possible. The first task is too get your code dates information for all the products being made that day, next take samples from the mixers and run fats and salt tests on the samples. When you have time the next task is to audit each line to see that they are doing everything the correct way. The work place is fast at times, and slow at times, so you have to get as much done as possible when you can. Management is there to help went needed, in the beginning management is with you all the time, but as you gain some time on the job, they let you do the job by your self. The best part of the job is when see some thing being done incorrectly and you stop it and correct it with out management having too tell you to. I learned to be quick and fast about everything that I do when I am working at the plant.
Pros
good over time
Cons
pay
Needs better management and care about employees more...
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PADecember 6, 2018
Ventura Foods went through numerous plant managers throughout the past three years moved everyone schedule around and lost a lot of good employees.. We work a lot of long hours and not appreciated for it.. Management went to a 2-2-3 schedule consisting of 12 hour days and the company ran theresevles in a hole losing costomers
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Works long hours and not appreciate and not paid enough
Horrible and stressful place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham AlOctober 23, 2018
It was terrible, worst place to work. The manager was terrible and unprofessional. The Assistant Management was horrible they never knew anything about the products. None friendly work environment.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, Bad management, Inconsistent hours.
Great Company
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PennsylvaniaOctober 22, 2018
Ventura Foods is an amazing company to work for. The company is great, the staff is awesome, and the management for the most part took care of every situation right away when their was a problem in the workplace.
Worst Place I have ever worked
VP of Commodity Operations (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 2, 2018
I would not look to work here as the environment is toxic. Literally the worst place I have ever worked. People are to more likely stab you in the back then give you a helping hand.
Stressful workplace with ancient machines
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TX 76179August 9, 2018
Management makes it look like they care about the employee, but the truth is all they care about is fattening their pockets, it has gotten to a point where they started firing employees for making only one mistake. They put so much pressure on the employee and expect top notch performance while all the equipment is very old and faulty.
Pros
401k plan
Cons
unpaid lunches, management, favoritism, lack of concern for employee's well being
Standard Factory Job
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 31, 2018
The Coworkers really make the job worth it.
Day to day life includes the production and packaging of thousands of pounds of condiments which is checked over by Quality personal.
Typically the job is laid back and not too demanding however the management is the biggest down fall. Failures fall squarely on the production management team which often has issues addressing daily problems that arise. This can add stress to employees and create difficult work environment and culture.